HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

2 piece stick question

Old
12-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Wingsrule

vCash: 500
2 piece stick question

I still use Sherwood 5030 woodies , but have been very interested in moving to a 2 pice. Here is my question. Is it a big deal to use a shaft from one manufacturer and then use a blade from another? I wasn't sure if same manufacturer combinations worked better or it didn't matter much.

I have been considering a Warrior shaft, but the curve patterns I prefer are from different manufacturers.

Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions.

Wingsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 04:49 PM
BlueJackets39

Send a message via AIM to BlueJackets39
I've heard that some brands being "mixed and matched" can create problems, but I've never had any issues.

I use an Easton brand Lidstrom curve and Reebok shafts...no issues from me.

Hope this helps.

BlueJackets39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 04:58 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsrule View Post
I still use Sherwood 5030 woodies , but have been very interested in moving to a 2 pice. Here is my question. Is it a big deal to use a shaft from one manufacturer and then use a blade from another? I wasn't sure if same manufacturer combinations worked better or it didn't matter much.

I have been considering a Warrior shaft, but the curve patterns I prefer are from different manufacturers.

Only issue I can think of is the fit. Some hosels might be a touch bigger, some might be a touch smaller.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 06:46 PM
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsrule View Post

i use a warrior ak 27 shaft with a easton lidstrom wood blade. no problems with fit at all.

UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 07:41 PM
IniNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Only issue I can think of is the fit. Some hosels might be a touch bigger, some might be a touch smaller.
I actually had this problem with my TPS shaft and Easton blade. I just used a bit more glue than you normally would and it was fine.

IniNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 04:12 AM
densetsu

I haven't even thought of this as an issue.

Officially, you should use shafts and blades from the same manufacturer for maximum performance. Unofficially, go nuts when mixing manufacturers, I know I have.

densetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 02:23 AM
iceman_88888888

i believe the only problem you'll have is if you have either a tps shaft or blade. all the other brands will fit each other except for the tps because they have a finer taper. so if you put a tps blade into any other shaft, it'll wobble. if you put any blade into a tps shaft, it'll be too thick and you have to shave down the hosel of the blade.

iceman_88888888 is offline   Reply With Quote