HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

kostit...is this any truth to this link?

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Q ADDICT

vCash: 500
kostit...is this any truth to this link?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=92656

found this on the tsn website.

i thought it was a mis-diagnoses and that he didnt actually have the diesease????

Old
07-28-2004, 10:31 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q ADDICT

i thought it was a mis-diagnoses and that he didnt actually have the diesease????
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=93911

Old
07-28-2004, 10:46 AM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Kostitsyn's relapse was also reported in the Montreal Gazette

Old
07-28-2004, 11:09 AM

I guess this new story about his medication in Russia will put to rest whether or not he'll play in North America this season...I can't imagine the Habs brass sending him back there when they've already messed up his medication there, that coupled with the troubles he experienced in Russia, I think they'll want him in NA to monitor his health/development closer...

Old
07-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Shazbot

Pat Hickey is an alarmist. In this morning's Montreal Gazette he goes on for a bit about how all of the Canadiens' Russian draft picks have been either duds or big question marks. He includes Perezhogin and Kostsitsyn in his short list. He calls the "unsettling" news of Kostsitsyn's recent seizures and medical evaluation a "leak" as if it were a huge surprise and knowledge the Habs organization wouldn't want anyone to have. Puh-lease!

Old
07-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I guess this new story about his medication in Russia will put to rest whether or not he'll play in North America this season...I can't imagine the Habs brass sending him back there when they've already messed up his medication there, that coupled with the troubles he experienced in Russia, I think they'll want him in NA to monitor his health/development closer...

They didn't actually mess up his medication in Russia. It's just that he has a clear diagnosis now and appropriate treatment has been recently re-initiated. I heard the recommendation and plan would be to keep him in Hamilton in the coming year (providing he agrees to sign) so that we can monitor him for his epilepsy and make sure he is well controlled.

Old
07-28-2004, 11:37 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
They didn't actually mess up his medication in Russia. It's just that he has a clear diagnosis now and appropriate treatment has been recently re-initiated. I heard the recommendation and plan would be to keep him in Hamilton in the coming year (providing he agrees to sign) so that we can monitor him for his epilepsy and make sure he is well controlled.
They can also give him a bag of pills to take home with him. My buddy told me last night that he has a similar condition. He just has to take the pills and he'll be fine.

Old
07-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Physical HABuse

This wasn't a leak either. When Dr. Mulder says that we expect his seizures to be well-controlled......it is true. That is our expectation given the diagnosis of nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy.

Old
07-28-2004, 11:59 AM
growne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
Pat Hickey is an alarmist. In this morning's Montreal Gazette he goes on for a bit about how all of the Canadiens' Russian draft picks have been either duds or big question marks. He includes Perezhogin and Kostsitsyn in his short list. He calls the "unsettling" news of Kostsitsyn's recent seizures and medical evaluation a "leak" as if it were a huge surprise and knowledge the Habs organization wouldn't want anyone to have. Puh-lease!
Along with his article about the Canadiens being totally broke, I agree with you. I used to be pretty neutral about him, but I'm really starting to dislike him and I no longer respect his opinion.

Old
07-28-2004, 12:06 PM
mcphee

I kind of like Hickey in that he seems a nice honest guy. That being said, he's a beat writer for the biggest game in town and he doesn't seem connected. The Gazette disappoints me in that they only seem able to comment after the fact.

Old
07-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Pat Hickey sucks, no doubt about it.

You could have most of the people on this board write better Hab related articles than Hickey does. He never writes in depth stories like a Brunet does and all he does is comment the news a day or two after it happened while bringing nothing of substance to the article. That article about how the Habs would be in trouble if there was a cap starting next year was a joke. This Kostitsyn one is even worse. It's really upsetting to pay for the Gazette and get such crappy coverage about the Habs during the off-season.

Old
07-28-2004, 12:36 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Pat Hickey sucks, no doubt about it.

You could have most of the people on this board write better Hab related articles than Hickey does. He never writes in depth stories like a Brunet does and all he does is comment the news a day or two after it happened while bringing nothing of substance to the article. That article about how the Habs would be in trouble if there was a cap starting next year was a joke. This Kostitsyn one is even worse. It's really upsetting to pay for the Gazette and get such crappy coverage about the Habs during the off-season.
It's tough if you depend on the English media in Mtl., esp. the Gazette. Their is no columnist with any hockey knowledge or any apparent sources in the league. I can't count Red Fisher as he is sort of a part timer, though I do enjoy the perspective he puts the game in. Frankly, if I want Hab news outside of this site, in English, the Team 990 between 5 and 6 during the season has McGuire and Stephen Brunt doing a daily bit with Mitch Melnick. McGuire is comfortable with Melnick and seems a little bit more low key than his tv personna. The morning show, imo, re-hashes discussions we've already had on the board. I've given up on any other outlet in the city.

Old
07-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot

I KNOW!!! The BS he writes sometimes. Perez will be in the NHL one day. Same with Kosts! the only Question mark was buturulin. And thats cause it was his personal choice to stay in russia. What about the russians that ARE with the team now? What about Markov? He never mentionned markov yknow? When i read it i was really surprised at the way he made it seem that the Habs have spent money on Russian Scouts for nothing! Wtf is he talkin about! lol!

Old
07-28-2004, 04:20 PM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2000
I KNOW!!! The BS he writes sometimes. Perez will be in the NHL one day. Same with Kosts! the only Question mark was buturulin. And thats cause it was his personal choice to stay in russia. What about the russians that ARE with the team now? What about Markov? He never mentionned markov yknow? When i read it i was really surprised at the way he made it seem that the Habs have spent money on Russian Scouts for nothing! Wtf is he talkin about! lol!
Well, since they passed Markov by completely the first year he was eligible to be drafted and took about half a dozen guys before him the second year, he hardly qualifies as a great scouting success. That was AFTER he was named the outstanding defenceman at the WJC as well. As for Tarasov, I heard they drafted him without ever having seen him play. Based on his being the top goalie in the RSL the two previous seasons.

Whatever you guys want to say, Perezhogin and Kostitsyn are not their two most reliable prospects at the moment. Not by a long shot.

Old
07-28-2004, 04:33 PM
bopeep

I, for one, am just happy that the question mark in Kostitsyn's health has been identified - and will now be treated properly. The kid can now get on with his life, and hopefully realize his full hockey potential, which looks awfully bright.

Old
07-28-2004, 08:24 PM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopeep
I, for one, am just happy that the question mark in Kostitsyn's health has been identified - and will now be treated properly. The kid can now get on with his life, and hopefully realize his full hockey potential, which looks awfully bright.
What "question mark...has been identified", that he has epilepsy? Everyone knew that a year and a half ago. I hope.

I noticed a picture of Kostitsyn at last year's draft, and he is standing under a sign that reads....."KOSTITSYN". Why did it take the Canadiens over a year to learn how to spell his name right?

Old
07-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Soyuz

RussianProspects interviewed Kostitsyn's agent and here is what he had to say:

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...hp?link_id=221

Old
07-28-2004, 11:02 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Whatever you guys want to say, Perezhogin and Kostitsyn are not their two most reliable prospects at the moment. Not by a long shot.

They aren't the two most reliable prospects, but imo they are the two most skilled.

Old
07-28-2004, 11:08 PM
velimiiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
They aren't the two most reliable prospects, but imo they are the two most skilled.
Which translates into most upside which is why they are #1 and #2

Old
07-28-2004, 11:59 PM
KingJarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q ADDICT

Epilepsy is not a disease. It's a disorder - meaning it's a malfunction in his frontal lobe (I believe).

Old
07-29-2004, 09:56 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
Which translates into most upside which is why they are #1 and #2
Yeah agree, Perez and Kost are our most skilled prospect,in the least few year we lack player with skills and with Kost and Perez We have two skilled guys ,that's why they're ranked #1 and #2.Kost is ranked one because his skills are just amazing ,he's skating well ,he has good acceleration ,he has a good wrist shot ,he just need to be more defensif and hit more but if he's in Ham next year it will help him alot as for Perez he's ranked behind kost because ,he's just one step behind kost ,this guy has speed and his accelration is good but he's not very physical but he has goodpuckhandling skills but they aren't beter then Kost so it's logic to put kost #1 and Perez #2 but the suspension of perez will MAYBE rank him down a litlte bit because now they're alot of questions surrounding him.

Closed Thread