HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We Hate 'Em, But Wow Them Bruins

Old
01-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
Yup good point, but still... I wouldn't want to play them in the 2nd round. 3rd? Okay...
has ecklund predicted a Montreal -Boston stanley cup final ?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
has ecklund predicted a Montreal -Boston stanley cup final ?
The Detroit Red Wings trade their position in the Central for the Boston Bruins position in the Northeast?

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
The regular season is the regular season. The playoff is another beast. With a dominant team, the Bruins could not beat a bad Habs team with a hot Theodore in nets. The current Bruins version is similar (may be a little bit more balance) than that Bruins team and the current Habs team is much more superior. With Price in nets, we always have a chance to win every game. Bruins' fans is becoming very arrogant right now (just look at their posting on the main board). Nothing will please me more than for us to beat the Bruins again in the playoff.
Of course they are....like we were last year. They are winning. They are having one hell of a season, they are just not losing and feeling unbeatable. Let them have this moment. If they win, they deserve it 'cause their team deserve it. If they lose they'll deal with it accordingly.

But why wouldn't a fanbase not be happy with the performance of their team is beyond me. We had every right last year to be excited, they have every right to be as well. A great team so well coached and feeling unbeatable, that's what it does. There's a reason why all the teams they are meeting seems to suck....it's cause they're much better....

And for whoever keep saying they won't mainting, well of course, maintaining it means not losing another game....Still it's not because they'll lose 1 or 2 in a row that you'll be able to say that the fall has started. This IS a great team. I keep hearing for the past month now that they won't mainting the pace....guess what....they do. Let's acknowledge it.

It could be their year you know....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Concessionaire
My Precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
...but they won't keep the same pace all year long IMO (they had no injury problems so far, excpet maybe Bergeron a little) and the regular season is the regular season...
Other Bruins injuries of note this season:
Two top four defensemen (Ward, Ference)
Last year's top Bruins goal scorer (Sturm)

Concessionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Blades 0f Steel

The good news: this streak has come in the 1st part of the season, and it's the teams that get red-hot from Feb-on that you have to look out for in the playoffs.

The bad news: they're still winning, even after the Holidays.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:15 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Of course they are....like we were last year. They are winning. They are having one hell of a season, they are just not losing and feeling unbeatable. Let them have this moment. If they win, they deserve it 'cause their team deserve it. If they lose they'll deal with it accordingly.

But why wouldn't a fanbase not be happy with the performance of their team is beyond me. We had every right last year to be excited, they have every right to be as well. A great team so well coached and feeling unbeatable, that's what it does. There's a reason why all the teams they are meeting seems to suck....it's cause they're much better....

And for whoever keep saying they won't mainting, well of course, maintaining it means not losing another game....Still it's not because they'll lose 1 or 2 in a row that you'll be able to say that the fall has started. This IS a great team. I keep hearing for the past month now that they won't mainting the pace....guess what....they do. Let's acknowledge it.

I agreed with you. Just that their arrogance bothered me a bit. On top of that, fan from other team didn't call them out for that. They did it to us last year. Out of topic, please vote for Komi and Price for ASG. These two are ahead by a few hunderd votes now.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
ESPN2?

I believe in rivalries and fundamentalist religion stances on my hockey teams.

It is only one teams year, and they will stop at nothing to ensure it is their year. If Kirk Muller has to put on the skates to replace an injured Robert Lang in the post-season, by god its going to ****ing happen!

Hab fans act like such little babies when the team isn't doing as well as other teams or to their expectations. We've won four out of five and whats the big discussion? Mark Streit? Boston envy?

It's ridiculous. I don't care if the Boston Bruins win every single game, including regular season games against us from now until April (Okay I will care if the Habs lose). Put them in the post-season, and like a check from Ulf Samuelsson, they will crumble and fall apart. Hell, they couldn't even rig the '90 Finals with the lights out to beat a Gretzky-less Oilers team.

Old
01-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concessionaire View Post
Not saying it's not important.....but when you're able to have a Norris candidate that is able to play around 30 minutes a game, you know that you can do without a couple of d-men.

Then, it's not who was hot last year that is important.....it's who is this year. Was Kessel that hot last year? If last year is important, would you trade Sturm for Kessel right now? I could bet you that losing Kessel right now would hurt you way more than Sturm. There were too many complaints about Sturm even if his stats weren't that bad that I stopped counting. Same for Bergeron who most of your fans already thought that he was far for being the player that he was.....

Losing "important" players this year would be Chara, Wideman, Kessel, Krejci, Wheeler or even Ryder.....So we are talking about the players that are ACTUALLY making a difference.....not players that WERE making it a year ago....But again, I'm not saying it's NOT important. You do have to replace those players and the ones that are replacing them still need to do the job and good job to your draft system for a guy like Hunwick for example. Impressive performance to say the least but that's an understatement since everybody is just playing so good right now.

You guys should start giving the credit to the guy behind the bench....

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 01-02-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Sensitivity
Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
ESPN2?

I believe in rivalries and fundamentalist religion stances on my hockey teams.

It is only one teams year, and they will stop at nothing to ensure it is their year. If Kirk Muller has to put on the skates to replace an injured Robert Lang in the post-season, by god its going to ****ing happen!

Hab fans act like such little babies when the team isn't doing as well as other teams or to their expectations. We've won four out of five and whats the big discussion? Mark Streit? Boston envy?

It's ridiculous. I don't care if the Boston Bruins win every single game, including regular season games against us from now until April (Okay I will care if the Habs lose). Put them in the post-season, and like a check from Ulf Samuelsson, they will crumble and fall apart. Hell, they couldn't even rig the '90 Finals with the lights out to beat a Gretzky-less Oilers team.

Where the heck did that come from? Missed your Cheerios this morning?

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:28 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Being a Habs fans, I can not give credit to anyone from the Bruins..How come he did not do the same job for us while he was here?

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 01-02-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: see above
JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post

Where the heck did that come from? Missed your Cheerios this morning?
Actually, I eat... let me check.

Post Selects.

Old
01-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Concessionaire
My Precious

Quote:
Losing "important" players this year would be Chara, Wideman, Kessel, Krejci, Wheeler or even Ryder.....So we are talking about the players that are ACTUALLY making a difference.....not players that WERE making it a year ago....But again, I'm not saying it's NOT important. You do have to replace those players and the ones that are replacing them still need to do the job and good job to your draft system for a guy like Hunwick for example. Impressive performance to say the least but that's an understatement since everybody is just playing so good right now.

All good points. And believe me, we Bruins fans know how lucky we are to have Claude behind the bench.

I think another thing that is working in the Bs favor this season is the absence of Glen Murray. He was a good soldier for many years, but last season he just lost his mojo completely and was killing our top line. Addition by subtraction.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 01-02-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: see above
Old
01-02-2009, 10:33 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concessionaire View Post

LOL top 4 defenseman......now we know why they are winning because he's not on the top 4 ( when he's hurt )...

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Concessionaire
My Precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
LOL top 4 defenseman......now we know why they are winning because he's not on the top 4 ( when he's hurt )...
*shrugs* He's top 4 on the Bs. He's been a rock, honestly. I think he ranks third after Chara and Wideman.

Old
01-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Fire Brunet*

Ward was playing yesterday I believe

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Concessionaire
My Precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
Ward was playing yesterday I believe
Yeah, we just got him back a couple of games ago, and Ference has started skating with the team again in practice.

Old
01-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Mustafa*

I must admit, they are a great team. I think that they might be the greatest contender for the cup this year, but something tells me that the Habs will eliminate them before they get to the final, something that has to do with cosmic forces and karma.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Concessionaire
My Precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I must admit, they are a great team. I think that they might be the greatest contender for the cup this year, but something tells me that the Habs will eliminate them before they get to the final, something that has to do with cosmic forces and karma.
The Habs have certainly been on an excellent run of their own lately. Washington is looking scary as well. The top teams in the East seem to have stepped up their game this season.

Old
01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Hmmm..... the bruins forum is elsewhere?

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Habs

Awesome record, really impressive. I'm curious to see how they respond to a losing streak, when it does occur.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

The Habs will give the ruins a run for their money and I am not the least worried about it.

They are both great teams, yet we've all seen how regular season success doesn't mean dick when the playoffs come, whether a gritty team or not.

Nuff said.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Magic33

They are playing incredible right now. Reminds me of us in the second half last year when everything was clicking and it seemed like every shot could go in. I just dont see them keeping up this pace for the rest of the year. It seems impossible to do. You cant deny that they are in a class of their own right now though.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:03 AM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
They're awsome....but they won't keep the same pace all year long IMO (they had no injury problems so far, excpet maybe Bergeron a little) and the regular season is the regular season...

Congrats to them though!
You literally could not be more wrong.

Bergeron (like you mentioned), Ward, Ference, Sturm, Kobasew.

All key players with top 6 or top 4(D-men) roles on the team. They lost them for extended periods of time too.

EDIT: Looks like concessionaire beat me to it...

Last edited by CDJ: 01-02-2009 at 11:10 AM.
CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:03 AM
googlymoogly

I think Price is getting better and better he is the key. Last year was way too much pressure, the media had already pointed out Roy and Dryden's rookie cup wins and proclaiming Price the Conn Smythe winner already.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:04 AM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Krejci and Kessel exploded this year.. and along with Thomas playing above his head explains a lot of their success.
Don't forget Manny. He has been, IMO, better than Thomas. They have both been great though.

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote