HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Kostitsyn Scenario

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2004, 09:10 PM
not quite yoda

vCash: 500
New Kostitsyn Scenario

Well I have a fresh Kostitsyn question. It was stated in La Presse on Tuesday that he is through with Russia, doesn't want to go back... That he wants to play in N. America this season, wether it be in Montreal, Hamilton or the CHL.

Now let's say Montreal fails to sign him so he can't compete in the NHL or the AHL. According to Mattia Brunet (La Presse), he would want to be an import player in the CHL.

My question is: what CHL team (if any) has his rights??? I think it would be very exciting to have him in the Q this winter. Or even if he hapenned to belong to Prince Albert he could play with Chipchura. Or... well you get the idea.

Anyone know for sure who he belongs to? Montreal must know...

Last edited by not quite yoda: 07-28-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old
07-28-2004, 09:13 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Medicine Hat has his rights.

Old
07-28-2004, 09:14 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
Medicine Hat has his rights.
Memorial Cup finalists last season... not bad. How sure are you?

Old
07-28-2004, 09:22 PM
MHJS

I can back up his statement. Medicine Hat did draft him.

Old
07-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Riggins

Yep, it is Medicine Hat.

I want him to play for the Dogs.. but seeing him play live vs. the Giants would be sweet.

Old
07-28-2004, 09:42 PM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Playing in North America could help him alot, he could acclimate to the North American game, put some points (would help confidence, although he was doing fine in CSKA-2) and of course learn english.

Damn... 100th post... Even though I don't post often, I come here every day since I registered (it's been a while now), you're a great bunch to follow

Old
07-28-2004, 09:43 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Memorial Cup finalists last season... not bad. How sure are you?

I am sure at 100 % I remember that Montreal or another poster said this.

Old
07-28-2004, 09:50 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
I can,me too back Up Is statement,Medicine Hat draft Him In the Import draft.Now,my question Is this,what do he need to do to play In the CHL,do CSKA need to agree,do Medicine Hat need to sign Him,how Is It working for an European player when he Is coming to play In the CHL???

Old
07-28-2004, 09:59 PM
toughstuff

Can Kostistyn learn anuthing more in the CHL. The logical choice is Hamilton.

If Kostistyn is so keen to come to NA, he will have to participate in the compensation to CSKA.

Example:

Instead of taking the rookie cap base salary, he should take 300,000$ less to obtain his liberation. Why should the HABS always have to pay out.

Maybe Kostistyn should pull up his sleave and go back to Russia and prove that he is a quality player. After all, he did sign this contract didn't he?

Old
07-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Wildcat

Of coarse, Medicine Hat would have to want him on their roster are they still interested in him playing for them?

CHL teams are only allowed two non-North American players correct, so do they have room? On the WHL site they have Martin Kubaliak and Yannic Seidenberg as the two Europeans on the roster but the Tigers site has only Seidenberg. Assuming the Tigers site is the one up to date then they do have room for Kostitsyn.

Then it comes down to negotiating with CSKA to release him of his contract and they also have to pay a transfer fee dont they? Im guessing it wouldnt be as much as an NHL team would have to pay

Id much rather see him playing for Hamilton but for the purpose of this thread Id be hard pressed to chose between the CHL and the RSL, although Id probably be leaning more towards the RSL (assuming he can make CSKA, not another season with CSKA-2).

Old
07-28-2004, 10:44 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

If he plays in the Hat I'll get to see him play a bunch of times. That would be cool.

Old
07-28-2004, 11:13 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

If he were to play in the WHL, they would have to pay CSKA a transfer fee. I understand that it's usually not too much and I wouldn't think it would be more the 50K (that's what Timofei Shishkanov cost as an example) as that was considered a lot of money for a CHL team.

But I'd rather see him in Hamilton. Higgins Plekanec Kostitsyn would be fun to watch.

Old
07-28-2004, 11:52 PM
not quite yoda

I agree but I would play Kostitsyn on the LW... we already have Ryder and Perezhogin as our RWers of the future (top 2 lines). Since Kost is apparently capabele of both wings... I would move him. That would push Higgins to 2nd line duties, but he could still play with Locke or Urquhart: not so bad.

Old
07-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
I agree but I would play Kostitsyn on the LW... we already have Ryder and Perezhogin as our RWers of the future (top 2 lines). Since Kost is apparently capabele of both wings... I would move him. That would push Higgins to 2nd line duties, but he could still play with Locke or Urquhart: not so bad.

Ryder can play left, so I'm inclined to leave Kost on his natural wing.

Old
07-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
But I'd rather see him in Hamilton. Higgins Plekanec Kostitsyn would be fun to watch.
Not only would they be fun to watch, but I say Hamilton kind of need him next year as it looks pretty talent deprived right now. Higgins and Plekanec can take on an offensive leadership role but who else? Not sure if Hossa will be able to play for Hamilton if there's no NHL yet, and I don't see Ferland, Milroy, Locke (if signed), Urquhart (if signed) or Lambert becoming go-to guys for this franchise right away.

We still don't know who the Stars will send, but for Kostistyn's sake and Hamilton's, let's hope he's signed to a pro contract and can further develop his defensive coverage and involvment without the puck under Jarvis for one full year.

Closed Thread