HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Lost tonight but good road trip

Old
01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

vCash: 500
Yup, I'm satisfied with the road trip despite tonight's loss.

Looking forward to seeing Weber in the lineup.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
you may be right, waddaya say, we lynch him or burn down his house ? He won't stop us, he has his thumb up his butt.
I say we walk on his grass, don't you people hate that?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Kirk Muller

I don't think he should be traded however i think his role should be reduced especially on the PK side of things.

I still don't think the ATAK line has regained any sort of form from last year and for the most part they are playing as individuals.

Kovalev is a very good supporting player however he not someone I feel confident in leading the team offensively. (similar to Koivu and a lot of habs who just aren't consistently good players over the course of a year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
The turning point was Kosto's fight..
oversimplified reasoning.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-04-2009 at 04:06 AM.
Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:04 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
In Cubes defense he does have to play with Breezby !!
Breezer heard there was free Vachon cakes at the bench so he left Bouillon to defend a 2 on 1

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:05 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I say we walk on his grass, don't you people hate that?
somehow, my read is that if he hollered, 'hey kid get offa there', you'd run for a week.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Makes you think Gainey may need to pay a visit to the dressing room.
makes you think that Mr. Gainey didn't address certain problem areas of this team.

Old
01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
tiredman

Quote:
26th in the league on the powerplay and nothing has been done. Someone want to send Gainey or Carbo a ****ing wake up call?
I think the problem is very simple. We went from a very simple system that has worked pretty well for many years, a dman on the PP with a big slapshot, to finding a solution because we don't have the players anymore to use that system. We had it with Malakhov, Weinrich & Brisebois, Souray and Streit. And now, nobody has replaced Streit. I'm pretty sure that if we had Souray or Streit still in our lineup this season, we would have a pretty good PP.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:09 PM
The n00b King ©*

Get Brisebois out for a game or two and put Weber in.

We'll hopefully blow the doors off of Florida.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Kirk Muller

Overall a good road trip especially considering the state of this team and their injuries.

Halak wasn't sharp at all.

ATAK line plays as individuals. They are still not a cohesive unit.

Gorges was the only decent defenseman tonight.

Maxpac has some great speed and a pretty wicked shot.

Mostly disappointed in the play of the veterans. They need to step up.

Crossing my fingers that some help will return on Sunday.

Old
01-02-2009, 10:10 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
somehow, my read is that if he hollered, 'hey kid get offa there', you'd run for a week.
If he started that sentence it would take him all week to finish it. And you probably read with a magnifying glass so things are always well out of proportion for you.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Montreal Typical

Kovalev obviously isn't the problem.

He was much better last year, but he was never a player who could be relied upon to be this good. Kovalev is player who can a great job as a secondary offensive guy and who, in a great year, can become a go to guy. He had a great season last year, this year he's back to being a great secondary scorer. Unfortunately, we expect him to be our go to guy every year which is something he has never really been able to do.

Montreal Typical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:13 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
makes you think that Mr. Gainey didn't address certain problem areas of this team.
During the TB game, [at least I think it was], S.Kost. was on the point, was able to walk in, and his brother moved towards the right faceoff circle. Sergei got off a good shot, but the one player in position to get in the goalie's face, chose to move to the perimeter, where Kovy already was. That sort of sums up the issues I think.

Lats tries, but it seems that it's tough as the shots go wide, or if Kovy is setting up, he doesn't use the crease guy as an option an dtends to move it to the point as the crease guy moves to the corner of the crease. No matter what they try, it ends up going sour.

In the past, when it would go badly, Koivu would muck it up around the net and give the pp somemomentum, maybe get them some quick goals off faceoff play, but right now, they're all thinking rather than playing.

Quote:
If he started that sentence it would take him all week to finish it. And you probably read with a magnifying glass so things are always well out of proportion for you.
He speaks at a pretty regular pace actually, he just takes care to say what he means. The last person I know that conversed with him, didn't mention any deliberate tone, then again they were just talking about what they added to their sauce bolognese. I think he adds cinnamon.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-02-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old
01-02-2009, 10:16 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Kovalev and Sergei Kostitsyn should be trade ASAP
Yes this needs to be done ASAP so we can get more threads about how well ex-Habs are playing with posts complaining about how the Habs haven't kept every single player who has ever been in the organization.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
Possibly, but I wouldn't throw out the TV before I gave it a couple of kicks first.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:19 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
I think the problem is very simple. We went from a very simple system that has worked pretty well for many years, a dman on the PP with a big slapshot, to finding a solution because we don't have the players anymore to use that system. We had it with Malakhov, Weinrich & Brisebois, Souray and Streit. And now, nobody has replaced Streit. I'm pretty sure that if we had Souray or Streit still in our lineup this season, we would have a pretty good PP.
What's kind of ironic is that teh sacrifice in personel that they made, letting Streit go, seems to have hurt the pp, obviously, but achieved the desired effect as they're a better 5 on 5 team. The record shows that they've done a good job overeall, but they rely on different things to win. Th etrick is to find a way to improve the pp without creating holes elsewhere.

Old
01-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Maurice Richard*

KKK = lazy ,Kovafloat and the Kostitsyns are lazy overpaid plugs .Kovalev should be one of the all time greats with his talent , probably the most talented player we have had in our lineup since GUY was banging in 50 every year .Unlike Guy however AK has a heart the size of a pea , if he had any of Guys passion ..well like i said we would be talking about him like we do Flower .The Kostitsyns must feel they have "made" it .."were moving on up to the big time , gotta a deluxe apartment in montreals east side were moving on up "..well ide move em up to the front of the first bus to Hamilton .Lazier than pet coons as my Gramma likes to say ..give em a taste of the minors again ..Like Orvil Tessier , the legendary coach of the Chicago Black hawks said .." our whole team needs heart transplants " , well we aint quite that bad but some of guys are on life support !!!

Maurice Richard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:40 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice Richard View Post
KKK = lazy ,Kovafloat and the Kostitsyns are lazy overpaid plugs .Kovalev should be one of the all time greats with his talent , probably the most talented player we have had in our lineup since GUY was banging in 50 every year .Unlike Guy however AK has a heart the size of a pea , if he had any of Guys passion ..well like i said we would be talking about him like we do Flower .The Kostitsyns must feel they have "made" it .."were moving on up to the big time , gotta a deluxe apartment in montreals east side were moving on up "..well ide move em up to the front of the first bus to Hamilton .Lazier than pet coons as my Gramma likes to say ..give em a taste of the minors again ..Like Orvil Tessier , the legendary coach of the Chicago Black hawks said .." our whole team needs heart transplants " , well we aint quite that bad but some of guys are on life support !!!
Orval Tessier. I'll take 3 out of 4 on th eroad. Kovalev isn't half the player Guy Lafleur was, so what, everyone has known that for a long time. He's still a good player.

When we win, everything's wondrful, when we don't, they're heartless, the coach is an idiot, players have no passion. My own opinion is that overall, we sound like self entitled jerks.

Old
01-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Habnot

Quote:
I've been looking all over the place for my stupid pills. Seems they've been stolen and now I can prove it.
Btw McPhee, all the best in this New Year. Lots of health and less dumb posters.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:47 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Btw McPhee, all the best in this New Year. Lots of health and less dumb posters.
Same to you, like usual, I'm hoping for a vague semblance of mental health.

Old
01-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
The line doesn't work, just stop putting them together.

Watching AKost and Kovalev go down on a 2-on-2 is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen from this team. Two highly skilled players and they suddenly look like they've never played hockey before. And it's every single time... there's just no chemistry there, stop trying to force it.
Once Koivu returns I'm sure he will be reunited with A. Kostitsyn and D'Agostini. That line was incredible. Also would like to see Plekanec play with Kovalev and S. Kostitsyn / Pacioretty. Keep the Lapierre Kostopoulos Latendresse

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice Richard View Post
That has to be one of my favorite hockey quotes of all time.

Quote:
Same to you, like usual, I'm hoping for a vague semblance of mental health.
lol...good luck with that.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:57 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
That has to be one of my favorite hockey quotes of all time.

lol...good luck with that.
what are we without hope ?

Old
01-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Stradale

So we lost tonight game because of Kovalev?

He was invisible? He was the only one on the line that creates something offensively. Yeah he took a penalty which has no influence in the game. Who seriously expected a win tonight? Habs played a good 1st period but Halak killed all the momentum built by letting two softies.

What about our veteran defenseman: Komisarek, Markov, Brisebois and Hamrlik who all had a really bad game.

When our goalie and defense are awful, theres not much you can do.

I cant ****ing believe this thread.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:02 PM
znk

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:04 PM
lou4gehrig

I don't mind him. I'm just glad he is a UFA this offseason. Same for Tanguay. I don't see either one back next season. Maybe sign Hossa or trade for Kovalchuk.

Our team is built around Markov and Price.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote