HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Tell me about a few of these players...

Old
12-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

vCash: 500
Tell me about a few of these players...

I'm looking for some info on a few players who've spent time in the AHL this year:

Luca Caputi - had a monster year in the OHL last year but looks to be struggling a bit this year. How has he looked?

Nikita Filatov - He started out pretty well but has slowed down since. How has he looked? How is he adapting to the NA game?

Ilya Zubov - Has put up good numbers in the AHL but didn't do all that great in his time up with the Sens. Is this kid as good as his AHL numbers look?

Anton Stralman - Was considered a premier D prospect before coming to NA but has struggled since. I see he hasn't put up any points, can anybody tell me how he's looked in his time in the AHL?

Jhonas Enroth - I've heard Pirates fans and Sabres fans talk about him and we're definitely excited about this kid. However, I was looking to get some outside perspective from those of you who've seen him play.

Jonathan Bernier - Top prospect, has put up pretty average numbers thus far in the AHL but he's very young still. How has he progressed this year?

Teddy Purcell - Dominated the AHL last year and has put up solid numbers this year. He looked good in the one game I saw him with LA, how has he looked in the AHL?

Steve Downie - Has put up awesome numbers in the AHL, has he been as good as his numbers look?

Mike Santorelli - After putting up pretty average numbers in the AHL last year he's really taken off this year, is he for real?

Mark Santorelli - After destroying the WHL last year, hopes were high for him in the AHL this year but he's really struggled. Whats been the problem? How has he looked? Any chance of him turning it around?

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Burgs

Quote:
Luca Caputi - had a monster year in the OHL last year but looks to be struggling a bit this year. How has he looked?
Pittsburgh's top prospect if you consider Goligoski graduated. Luca is actually coming along nicely as far as 20 year olds go. Playing in the Baby Pens playoff run this spring (4-4-8 in 19 games) was a good experience but being a rookie he still has to earn his ice time. Caputi had 2 points in October, 8 in November and 10 so far in December (including his first three multi-point games). He's still adjusting to the speed and strength of the pro game but the organization seems happy with him.

Penguins assistant GM Chuck Fletcher (Cliff Fletcher's son and the guy in charge of Wilkes-Barre) was recently quoted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: "He has the most upside of all of our prospects. He has the chance to be a top-six forward if he continues to work on the areas he needs to work on. He has skill, he has hockey sense and he has size. We project that he has the ability, down the road, to produce offense and to play with good players. He's got to continue to get a little bit quicker and he has to continue to make the adjustments to playing pro hockey."

I think he's still at least 1 year away from the NHL but that's still on target for a 4th round pick.

Last edited by Burgs: 12-29-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 03:41 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Zubov is highly skilled, but whenever he gets to Ottawa, he's on a short leash. His first callup, he played two periods on the second line, and then the next 3 or 4 games on the 4th. Now, he's back on the 4th. If the Sens just let him get comfortable and play with skilled players, then he'll be fine.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:09 AM
mckly
go leafs go

you forgot Nick Spaling

mckly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 08:45 PM
BGoldthorpe

[QUOTE=Buffalo87;17032100]I'm looking for some info on a few players who've spent time in the AHL this year:

Nikita Filatov - He started out pretty well but has slowed down since. How has he looked? How is he adapting to the NA game?

Filatov is adapting very well to the NA game, especially considering the rink in Syracuse is not standard NA size (it's like the old Boston Garden size). You have to remember, he's only 18, and has not had the benefit of any major junior experience in NA. I think he was ticketed for Sudbury?....but he's too skilled not to be playing pro. Columbus is smart playing him in the AHL for a year...he needs to bulk up. When he does...look out! I think he has like 17 pts in 23 games playing against men in the A....the most impressive thing about him is his passion for the game and putting the team concept first. Scouts have said he's very similar to Ovechkin in this aspect of the game.

Right now, he's the captain of Russia's World Junior team in Ottawa, and has 5 goals in 3 games, after leading their team in scoring at the Worlds last year.

We need him back in Syracuse ASAP after he represents his country in the Worlds!

BGoldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckly View Post
you forgot Nick Spaling
You must have written for him.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote