HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

teams looking for a goalie at the deadline?

Old
12-31-2008, 12:37 PM
puckMAN

vCash: 500
teams looking for a goalie at the deadline?

What are some teams that could be looking for a goalie at the deadline and who are some other goalies that might be moved?As a Wild fan,I could see DR shipping out Backstrom if the team continues to slide.What kind of return would Backstrom bring being he is a UFA at years end.

PS sorry if the question was posted.

Last edited by puckMAN: 12-31-2008 at 02:31 PM.
puckMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 02:20 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckMAN View Post
What are some teams that could be looking for a goalie at the deadline?As a Wild fan,I could see DR shipping out Backstrom if the team continues to slide.What kind of return would Backstrom bring being he is a UFA at years end,and who are some other goalies that might be moved?

PS sorry if the question was posted.
Some Dallas fans have said they want Turco traded, but his value is low and he has a NTC.

If Turco was moved it would have to be in the summer I think when he will lose his NTC because Dallas won’t finish in the Top 10.

Still it seems unlikely to me though.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Bohemian93

i know this has been said many times but if la wants to excel rom hey are now they would need an elite golatender

Bohemian93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 05:19 PM
detredWINgs

Who knows. If Detroit ends up trading Filppula at the deadline for a pick/prospect package, they might take a chance on Backstrom if it gets down to the 11th hour and no one else is biting. It looks like Conklin is Detroit's starter as of now, and if that keeps up, I can't see Detroit wanting to go in with Conklin playing starter and Osgood playing like crap.

A lot of factors would have to play into this, but I wouldn't rule Detroit out entirely.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

If a team is looking for a goalie at the deadline, they'd have to be in a playoffs' position to start with...

Washington, Philadelphia and Ottawa (if they climb back in the race) are the only teams I can see in the East who could use improvement in net, although Washington has committed good dollars towards Theodore.

In the West, Detroit, Colorado and Los Angeles (if they're still in the race by then) could use some help in goal.

Now which goalies could be made available by then? Khabibulin for sure with most of his salary paid by the deadline, Gerber (although not great), Roloson or Garon from Edmonton, maybe Vokoun if Anderson keeps playing well, rumours that Toskala could be available, or even Pascal Leclaire in Columbus if Mason keeps playing the way he's been?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Sneekypete

Backstrom could bring a second in some cases but I would say maybe a 3rd because of the stingy market

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

any team searching for at least playoffs this year

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Mike Richards 18