HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pho - Atl

Old
01-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Selanne08*

vCash: 500
Pho - Atl

Atl:
Boedker
Mueller
Tikhonov
1st 09

Pho:
Kovy
Armstrong
Havelid

Phoenix gives up a lot of young guys but this helps them for this year and next year. Kovy can also help bring some fans to the game.. maybe helping Phoenix out of the financial troubles. Phoenix needs to make the playoffs this year. Plus they have the cap space to do this.

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Atl:
Boedker
Mueller
Tikhonov
1st 09

Pho:
Kovy
Armstrong
Havelid

Phoenix gives up a lot of young guys but this helps them for this year and next year. Kovy can also help bring some fans to the game.. maybe helping Phoenix out of the financial troubles. Phoenix needs to make the playoffs this year. Plus they have the cap space to do this.

OMG please stop making Proposals! Everytime u make one u get ripped on it.. STOP for the love of god!

Capa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCostanza View Post
OMG please stop making Proposals! Everytime u make one u get ripped on it.. STOP for the love of god!
Thank you but no thank you.

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:57 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
If thats your argument than you should poach toronto, or the Rangers, or Edmonton.

Not atlanta....the logic for phoenix aquiring kovy...is the very same logic that atlanta would not trade kovy....need fans.

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 12:08 PM
PhoPhan

If you're willing to acknowledge that the Coyotes are in financial trouble, what makes you think they'd be stoked about adding nearly $10 million in salary?

Kovalchuk is a great player and I'd love to have him on the Coyotes, but they just can't afford him right now. And that's just a financial concern. If you want them to throw in three guys they drafted in the first round (all of whom are performing admirably at the NHL level) and a first round pick on top of it, it's not going to happen. Not even close.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
If you're willing to acknowledge that the Coyotes are in financial trouble, what makes you think they'd be stoked about adding nearly $10 million in salary?

Kovalchuk is a great player and I'd love to have him on the Coyotes, but they just can't afford him right now. And that's just a financial concern. If you want them to throw in three guys they drafted in the first round (all of whom are performing admirably at the NHL level) and a first round pick on top of it, it's not going to happen. Not even close.
Hypothetically speaking, if PHO was interested in IK, would they have to include more than one of: Mueller, Boedker, Turris? Am I crazy for thinking "No"?

One of those 3 + either a 1st or Tikhonov would be fair IMO. Am I crazy?

Beukeboom Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Hypothetically speaking, if PHO was interested in IK, would they have to include more than one of: Mueller, Boedker, Turris? Am I crazy for thinking "No"?

Which I'm thinking Phoenix maybe does, other than the money thing.

Bottom line, Phoenix can not take on any salary, cap space or not.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:00 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:

One of the three plus Tikhonov/First and possibly another mid level prospect/pick seems about right.

No way anyone gets all three. That's just insane.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Shameus

Atlanta needs wings more than anything else, at least that's my opinion. We have defensive prospects and center prospects (and another 3 years of White's contract). What we don't have are any good wing prospects. I think a deal centering around Turris and Lisin or Boedker and Tikhonov would probably get it done. The teams gets a viable wing and center prospect that it can hopefully turn into top 6 forwards in the next year or so and whatever picks or other prospects it gets to help in the future.

With that said, Kovy won't be traded this year I don't believe if Waddell is still the GM. Kovy is really the only superstar this team has to hold it's hat on. While most fans are fed up with DW and this team he put together, trading Kovy will be him waving the white flag on this team and his time here. The ownership group are not hockey fans though, they are basketball fans who bought a package deal of 2 teams and an arena. Until the lawsuit between the group is settled in Feb., if there are no more appeals on that verdict, then I think you will start to see a lot more movement from the Thrashers, getting rid of DW, and probably the team being sold.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:40 PM
AK

No reason at all for Phoenix to do this.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
Atlanta needs wings more than anything else, at least that's my opinion. We have defensive prospects and center prospects (and another 3 years of White's contract). What we don't have are any good wing prospects. I think a deal centering around Turris and Lisin or Boedker and Tikhonov would probably get it done. The teams gets a viable wing and center prospect that it can hopefully turn into top 6 forwards in the next year or so and whatever picks or other prospects it gets to help in the future.

With that said, Kovy won't be traded this year I don't believe if Waddell is still the GM. Kovy is really the only superstar this team has to hold it's hat on. While most fans are fed up with DW and this team he put together, trading Kovy will be him waving the white flag on this team and his time here. The ownership group are not hockey fans though, they are basketball fans who bought a package deal of 2 teams and an arena. Until the lawsuit between the group is settled in Feb., if there are no more appeals on that verdict, then I think you will start to see a lot more movement from the Thrashers, getting rid of DW, and probably the team being sold.
I don't think that 1 (or 1.5) years of Kovalchuk gets you 2 blue chip prospects + a good (10-18th overall) 1st round DP. I'm not saying that Kovalchuk might not be worth it, but IK sure isn't worth Turris, Boedker & Tikhonov to the Yotes right now.

How many teams have 2/3 blue chip youngsters, a ton of cap space, and are good enough after trading that much talented depth that they'll be able to resign Kovalchuk? No one comes to mind.

Old
01-02-2009, 04:47 PM
ArVeeDee

Not that bad.

Havelid is a second pairing d-man who plays very well in his own zone. This would help Phoenix a lot.

Armstrong is a third line heart and soul guy. I'm sure that pretty much every team wants a solid player like him

Then Kovalchuk who would be on the top PP unit of every team in the NHL

The other players are unproven. I think that the value of prospects is highly exaggerated. It works if Kovy signs long term in PHX.

ArVeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 05:07 PM
JeffYear92*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Atl:

Mueller

1st 09

Pho:
Kovy
Armstrong

Thats looks better

JeffYear92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Shameus

Quote:
I don't think that 1 (or 1.5) years of Kovalchuk gets you 2 blue chip prospects + a good (10-18th overall) 1st round DP. I'm not saying that Kovalchuk might not be worth it, but IK sure isn't worth Turris, Boedker & Tikhonov to the Yotes right now.

How many teams have 2/3 blue chip youngsters, a ton of cap space, and are good enough after trading that much talented depth that they'll be able to resign Kovalchuk? No one comes to mind.
I do not disagree with your thinking, just putting out what I thought might work. My thinking is this, most offers for Kovy are probably going to be asked to include a 1st round pick. Most 1st's are by nature are thought to be blue chip prospects. So asking for Turris or Boedker and a first is kind of the same thing in theory as asking for one of the pairs I mentioned above.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeDee View Post
Not that bad.

Havelid is a second pairing d-man who plays very well in his own zone. This would help Phoenix a lot.

Armstrong is a third line heart and soul guy. I'm sure that pretty much every team wants a solid player like him

Then Kovalchuk who would be on the top PP unit of every team in the NHL

The other players are unproven. I think that the value of prospects is highly exaggerated. It works if Kovy signs long term in PHX.
Nahh pretty bad. I just cant for the life of me think why everybody thinks we'll trade our young guns. That's what we're known for!
Mueller is coming out of a slump and Boedker is a rookie! a damn good one at that!

Boedker+Mueller for 15 more years > Kovy till free agency

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 07:27 PM
shadow1

Yikes. Well, it's pretty fair actually, but very unlikely to happen.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
I do not disagree with your thinking, just putting out what I thought might work. My thinking is this, most offers for Kovy are probably going to be asked to include a 1st round pick. Most 1st's are by nature are thought to be blue chip prospects. So asking for Turris or Boedker and a first is kind of the same thing in theory as asking for one of the pairs I mentioned above.
I completely misread your post! I thought you were asking for:

Turris, either Boedker/Lisin, and Tihkonov!

I agree that one blue chip guys (Turris or Boedker) and one good young player (Lisin, Tikhonov, or 1st round DP) is probably a pretty good deal from both sides.

Old
01-03-2009, 08:55 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Instantly and completely destroys all the work we've done rebuilding over the past few years. Terrible for Phoenix. Plus, we are broke. Our owner is going bankrupt. We can't just add ten million bucks. Poorly thought out, poorly researched, bad proposal.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 09:10 AM
ugotmybeef*

Just terrible.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 01:03 PM
BrindamoursNose

Phoenix says blow me, then hangs up.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Phoenix says blow me, then hangs up.
Bahahahahaha

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Instantly and completely destroys all the work we've done rebuilding over the past few years. Terrible for Phoenix. Plus, we are broke. Our owner is going bankrupt. We can't just add ten million bucks. Poorly thought out, poorly researched, bad proposal.
Are you talking about the OP, which was crap, or the revised offer I thought was a fair deal:

One of: Turris, Boedker - plus
One of: Lisin, Tikhonov, 1st round DP

I think it's likely that someone else will step up and by the Yotes. Until that happens, they're obviously not going to tpick up that much salary.

Old
01-03-2009, 03:07 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

I wouldn't give up Boedker or Tikhonov, Mueller and first in 09 and Turris and something else

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote