HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens - Wild (read carefully)

Old
01-03-2009, 05:48 PM
vcx*

vCash: 500
I read carefully and I think it's a terrible trade proposal. No thanks, pass, hell no from a Pens perspective. Pulling a stupid trade like this is exactly what I don't want to see go down when the team is better off firing Therrien first and then seeing how the team will react. To move an asset like Staal for one that isn't as proven is brutal.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Hav-a-lot*

Don't fix a freaking thing with this team until off season so we can continue to live in NW's basement and snag a franchise player in this front loaded draft. Tavares anyone? Schroeder? MSP? Okay cha-ching thank you very much.

Gaborik out for picks in 09
Pouliot out for picks in 09
Backstrom out for picks in 09

Everyone gtfo for picks in 09.

That includes you DR, Lemaire. MN Staff for picks in 09.

No I'm joking, but they do need to leave St. Paul. It's time to rebuild.

Hav-a-lot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 05:49 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensown View Post
Staal
2nd
*Taffe(Minn Native)
*Veilleux(Minn native)
*5th

for

Burns
Pouliot
Rights to Marian Gaborik

*Or Swap Dupuis for Taffe,Veilleux, and the 5th
Or no to the entire crappy proposal.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Muscles4Malkin
Top-6 Beau

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
I read carefully and I think it's a terrible trade proposal. No thanks, pass, hell no from a Pens perspective. Pulling a stupid trade like this is exactly what I don't want to see go down when the team is better off firing Therrien first and then seeing how the team will react. To move an asset like Staal for one that isn't as proven is brutal.
How the hell could Pouliot prove to be a worth of Staal or even close, if his playing in Minnesota? Sometimes just the chemistry and other things just basicly doesn't fit with system and/or coach or enviroment.

Staal could get around $3.5 - 4 million cap hit and this "NOT proven" Pouliot could seddle around $1.5 - 2 million cap hit, I presume. It would be a risky move, but that Minnesota's 1st pick at next draft could balance my proposal nicely, because it's going to be pretty good draft by that first round-point of view. Maybe I throwed too much pics, but I got a pretty good feeling about Pouliot and sometimes you just have to follow your feelings.

Muscles4Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

no from pittsburgh

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 08:06 PM
JTG

I don't think Pouliot has proven enough yet for me to give Staal up for him. Though I still think this is a pretty well thought out deal, and Staal would be an ideal fit in Minnesota.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote