HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Purcell + Hickey

Old
01-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

vCash: 500
Current Centers:
Kopitar
Stoll
Handzus
Boyle
Armstrong(UFA)
Richardson(Can play wing)
Moller(Can play wing)

I'm not buying the "pressing need" for a number two center. Put me in the #1 winger/scorer camp.

Our Future D:
Doughty Johnson(RFA)
Hickey Quincey(1 more year after 08/09)
Greene Teubert
Voinov

Don't really want to mess with that to much at this point in time.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Baldo Ronaldo

Am I the only one seriously questioning Hickey's genius? I mean, he looked great at the 2007 WJC but methinks 6'2" 215 lbs. of Luke Schenn had a lot to do with that. Hickey looks undersized and overmatched this year (IMHO).

Anyway, LA definitely has needs moving forward that involve forwards and goaltending sooo...

From Tor --> Antropov, Toskala (he can split time with Bernier when he's ready)

From LA --> Teubert, Boyle, Purcell or 2nd

Baldo Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Massena Sens Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
Kings are in primary need of a 2nd line center, but any really good 2nd line offensive players would be great

And REAL 2nd line centers, not like Vermette or Fisher

Hickey is the top shutdown defenseman and captain of the Canadian WJC team, and Purcell was rookie of the year in the AHL
for all sens fans. this is how the rest of the nhl views Vermette and Fisher; this is quite realistic, yet we still think we are an "underachieving team"...

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ean View Post
You can't have your cake and eat it.
Agreed. I'm also in the camp that believes we need a top six winger and not a 2nd line center, but I'll play along.

Ideas...

Yeah, Ribeiro's one. How about Pierre Marc-Bouchard? He's having a down year so far, but he's locked up long-term and is only 24 years old. I don't believe I'd trade Purcell and Hickey for him, but something could be worked out during the offseason, I think.

What I suggest is that if we really want a second-line center, Lombardi makes an attempt to sign Andy McDonald this offseason.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 12:38 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Agreed. I'm also in the camp that believes we need a top six winger and not a 2nd line center, but I'll play along.

Ideas...

Yeah, Ribeiro's one. How about Pierre Marc-Bouchard? He's having a down year so far, but he's locked up long-term and is only 24 years old. I don't believe I'd trade Purcell and Hickey for him, but something could be worked out during the offseason, I think.

What I suggest is that if we really want a second-line center, Lombardi makes an attempt to sign Andy McDonald this offseason.
Haha no... not in a million years..

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Why not? Cup winner, had a point per-game season and one just under a PPG, in addition to being on pace for another one at the time of his injury...I'd take him on my team. Don't know how much he would cost to sign...that could be a problem.

Old
01-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
for all sens fans. this is how the rest of the nhl views Vermette and Fisher; this is quite realistic, yet we still think we are an "underachieving team"...
I don't say this often but shut up. Your posts are redundant and in way too many threads. Fisher is a 40-50 point guy which makes him bottom 6 capable. Vermette will flourish in a system that gives him a regular shift at centre.

Would I trade hickey and purcell for either of those guys? Absolutely not but they are top 6 forwards, just not good enough to land those two guys.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo Ronaldo View Post
Am I the only one seriously questioning Hickey's genius? I mean, he looked great at the 2007 WJC but methinks 6'2" 215 lbs. of Luke Schenn had a lot to do with that. Hickey looks undersized and overmatched this year (IMHO).

Anyway, LA definitely has needs moving forward that involve forwards and goaltending sooo...

From Tor --> Antropov, Toskala (he can split time with Bernier when he's ready)

From LA --> Teubert, Boyle, Purcell or 2nd
No thanks!

Schenn Sucks!

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 03:53 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Why not? Cup winner, had a point per-game season and one just under a PPG, in addition to being on pace for another one at the time of his injury...I'd take him on my team. Don't know how much he would cost to sign...that could be a problem.
And what superstar winger do we have to put on his wing , like a Selanne, to drive his stats up?

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

I was just playing along with the idea that we need a second line center. If we needed one, that would be the route to take. I think we need a winger a lot more.

That said, McDonald's put up really good numbers with St. Louis too. I don't believe it was all Selanne driving his numbers up, but rather the rule changes post-lockout which have done that.

Old
01-03-2009, 06:28 PM
devilinto

The kings would be crazy to give up Hickey and purcell for Matt stajan. For brad Boyes. Maybe.

devilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 06:39 PM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Whatever the Kings need is better provided by our own young players and patience than by making trades. Come the off season will be the time for the Kings to explore the possibility of making a substantial trade. Note - absolutely untouchable - Kopitar, Brown, O'Sullivan, Moller, Doughty, Johnson, Greene, Hickey, Teubert and Bernier.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Baldo Ronaldo

Well, fair enough. I guess I had it coming questioning Hickey's value but eventually LA needs to realize that, at some level, accumulating prospects is not going to win any games for them. If they want to win they are going to need a goalie and with some exceptions, young goalies (like Bernier) have a real tough time stepping in and winning in the playoffs.

Incidentally, Hickey just coughed it up at centre ice and cost another goal for the Canadians.

Old
01-03-2009, 07:09 PM
devilinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo Ronaldo View Post
Well, fair enough. I guess I had it coming questioning Hickey's value but eventually LA needs to realize that, at some level, accumulating prospects is not going to win any games for them. If they want to win they are going to need a goalie and with some exceptions, young goalies (like Bernier) have a real tough time stepping in and winning in the playoffs.

Incidentally, Hickey just coughed it up at centre ice and cost another goal for the Canadians.
So what he made a bad play. Lets see how many big plays he makes tonight

Old
01-03-2009, 07:09 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFANINTO View Post
The kings would be crazy to give up Hickey and purcell for Matt stajan. For brad Boyes. Maybe.
They wouldn't have to but what is LA willing to give up for Stajan. That is if he's of any interst.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Mike Richards 18

lupul and jones

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 07:17 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
lupul and jones
how does Jones address a need for a forward?

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 08:08 PM
devilinto

Stajan would not be of any interest. The Leafs dont have anything that would help the Kings get closer to winning the cup.

To say the Kings would give up Hickey in a deal to the leafs for stajan is crazy. You must remember alot of players are not worth what we think. Look what the leafs got for colly and Steen. Stepniak? U serious?

Hickey is team canada's captain. He is the captain in seatle.He is a natural leader and he has all the tools to become a top pairing d man in this league.

Old
01-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Baldo Ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFANINTO View Post
Again, a very confusing post in this thread. No interest whatsoever in Stajan and at least some in Boyes. In any event, it is easy to forget about all those points when he's at about -20. By contrast, Stajan is on pace for three less points and is generally accepted to be a very solid defensive player.