HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: offensive show in mtl... Captain K?

Old
01-04-2009, 05:16 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
I'm happy with this win. Playing without Price, Tanguay, Koivu, Higgins, Dandenault, and Laraque.
The fact that they're still trucking with the third-best record in the conference despite all of the above is quite notable no matter how the wins end up looking like.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Holy Halak

And is it just me or should Kostitsyn have a hat trick tonight, on the Bouillon goal, it was his stick that came up in the air to deflect.
I thought it was tipped too.. but by Sergei.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
madbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Kyle Chipchura = Useless guy, didn't do anything special. Looked slow as hell. We wasted a first round pick for this ?!
All I can do is at this. Wow.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Nice win by the Habs !!

Alexei Kovalev = Useless, turnovers machine, can't score to save his life... This guy captain ?! Give me a break. This team will go nowhere with this guy as the main offensive catalyst.

Andrei Kostitsyn = nice goals, but made a few bad passes and some turnovers. He and Sergei was the best forwards for the Habs though.

Sergei Kostitsyn = Showed his amazing vision once again, his pass to Andrei was a beauty to watch. Great effort on the PK and nice move on the 2 vs 1. Some turnovers like everyone else, but nothing alarming.

Kyle Chipchura = Useless guy, didn't do anything special. Looked slow as hell. We wasted a first round pick for this ?!

Max Pacioretty = Was kinda of invisble tonight. Not very impressed. I've read that he was really good in his first game... Wasn't that effective tonight. His line was probably the worst, thanks to Kovalev... Need more games to judge.

Sergei was no different this game than any other game this season. I cant remember the last time he won a battle along the boards. He has been part of the problem this year.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
He did stop playing because since Gorges wasn't moving, he thought the puck was underneath Gorges.
the puck should have been frozen way before that

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
Breezer and Bouillon deserves more respect... especially breezer
The whole team deserves more respect from this board.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Oh right.. Brisebois hurt us so much tonight.

1 point, +3.

Not to mention the multiple good shots he got on Anderson..
Brisebois and SK74 didn't have a good game, not even close to it, yet are a combined +7

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Krautso

Wow. Missed the game but the posters here were a lot calmer after losing to NJ than winning the first game back after a long road trip (including coming back from 2 down) which is always tough.

It seems the injuries to the top line and our starter have done little to lessen the expectations that the habs will blow every team out of the water every game. 2 points is 2 points.

Florida just finished pasting PIT in their own barn 6-1 as well. I think we should just be happy with the victory and hope we get Price back sooner rather than later.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

PP was -1/5

Seriously I would decline the PP's right now.

Not only they don't score on it but it usually kills any momentum they can get.

Something has to be done as early as next game.
Stop waiting for the miracle , this won't magically fix itself with the same elements. PP needs help.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
I'm gonna cut it with a beer to celebrate tonight. Whos with me.
Also wondering why a few are saying cheers to Briesbois for the great game and the other
half of posters are calling for resignation?
There are a few posters who will always bash Brisebois.. it's pretty easy to find out who they are.

I know I'm a bit biased, but I think I can still judge his play. The past few games, he was slowing down a bit.. but I think he had a jump in his game tonight.

He created some chances from good shots, had an assist, and finished as a plus+ player.. not much more you can ask for from a #6-#7 defenseman.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Brisebois and SK74 didn't have a good game, not even close to it, yet are a combined +7
And yet, Sergei was directly responsible for 2 of his team's goals. If he can have more bad games like that, I'll be very happy.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:20 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
the puck should have been frozen way before that
Or cleared way before that.

This team needs a lot of work on clearing the puck.

Old
01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
NewHabsEra*

Ugly game, lucky win..

There are some vets on this team that didnt even care about the result of this game, they looked bored or uninterested.. Markov looked so bored this afternoon that he didnt miss the chance to end the game on shotouts..

The lack of leadership on this team has reached a low, how do you wanna be motivated as a rookie when your vets are dragging the team down?? There is no life on the bench, no emotion on the ice.. The only line playing with some heart and passion is the Lapierre one..

Kovalev..

Plekanec????? He looks like he lost everything offensively, no confidence at all this year in the offensive zone, I dont understand whats going on with him..

S.Kostitsyn sucks so much this year, I would send him down way before MaxPac or DAgo, he really needs to bulk up.. At the moment he looks soft, he plays soft and isnt effective, too many turnovers, too much garbage in his game..

Gorges is a solid bottom pairing defenseman but thats all, he has been making a couple of mistakes recently, he is too much exposed..

Brisebois played a bad game, Im looking for Weber next game..

Halak doesnt play with confidence as well, he really looks shaky..

Overall our transition sucks, Carbo has to come back at the base in practices.. We arent moving and passing the puck well..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 01-04-2009 at 05:33 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
Wow. Missed the game but the posters here were a lot calmer after losing to NJ than winning the first game back after a long road trip (including coming back from 2 down) which is always tough.

It seems the injuries to the top line and our starter have done little to lessen the expectations that the habs will blow every team out of the water every game. 2 points is 2 points.

Florida just finished pasting PIT in their own barn 6-1 as well. I think we should just be happy with the victory and hope we get Price back sooner rather than later.
Ahmen....thats right ahmen not amen.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Quote:
not brisebois best game for sure.... but he fills the bill very well, i have no problem with him.

he is paid less than a million... no one expect him to play streit-like. He, most of the time, play a good and honest game

Old
01-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yeah, the half that shows up.
What are you talking about? The old cliche that Kovalev doesnt show up every night? Playing with possibly the most offensively struggling player on our team. Plekanec is a talented player,but man...this year he's absolutely useless on the ice.
But then again, you blame Kovalev for everything.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CaptKirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Saku is a terrible leader. He takes too much penalties in the offensive zone.

edit: Just trying to match the stupidity of your post.
What was so stupid about his comment. Who tries to beat a guy one on one when your the last man back? Having Kovalev wearing the C is an embarrassment to any captain thats ever worn the C for the habs. I hate the fact our young players have this guy setting the example of what it takes to be a professional.

CaptKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
What more do you want from the #6-#7 defenseman? (He was signed as the #7 but he's become the #6)..

34 GP, 8 PTS, +5.

Tonight, he created some good scoring chances. Had a point. Finished as a +.

Admittedly, I missed about 15 minutes of the 1st.. so he played poorly then, I'm not sure. But he was solid enough for his role.

Try and find me a better #6-#7 in the league. And if you can, you won't be able to find more than 3.

Old
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
not denying that just saying where is the consistency, where are the adjustments on the PP...it's not about having good regular seasons (tell it to the sens they know something about that) it's about building a team to win the cup
Consistency is nearly impossible with many injuries , the term consistency refers to sticking together as a group and producing night in night out. But how can you expect a team to do so with new injuries every week , just be thankful we aren't in line for tavares(although thinking of it does make me smile a bit I must say), or slipping due to injuries a la Pitsburgh. I think you should reevaluate your standards.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:24 PM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Chipchura is an excellent skater... I didn't see why anybody have ever said he was slow
He used to be as slow as the Latendresse of last year, now he looks faster than SK74, the latter whom I'm disappointed in his skating this year. I think he's carrying too much weight. What's the point of being a +200lbs if you can't even throw your weight around. Shedding 10 pounds would help him get back to the level he was playing last year.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Quote:
He used to be as slow as the Latendresse of last year, now he looks faster than SK74, the latter whom I'm disappointed in his skating this year. I think he's carrying too much weight. What's the point of being a +200lbs if you can't even throw your weight around. Shedding 10 pounds would help him get back to the level he was playing last year.
Skost looks out of shape... Watch closely he has a double shin... no joke!

He needs the treatment Carey Price had last summer

Old
01-04-2009, 05:30 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by avim86 View Post
Consistency is nearly impossible with many injuries , the term consistency refers to sticking together as a group and producing night in night out. But how can you expect a team to do so with new injuries every week , just be thankful we aren't in line for tavares(although thinking of it does make me smile a bit I must say), or slipping due to injuries a la Pitsburgh. I think you should reevaluate your standards.
So we go from pre-season favourites to win the East to "just be thankful you're not lining up for Tavares"? Screw that, last I checked I cheered for Montreal Canadiens not Ottawa Senators. You can use whatever excuses you like, but I'm not lowering my expectations.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

bad news: Carey Price is still limping

Old
01-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Raider917

it took 43 games to get 50 pts last season. this season it took 38.

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

BTW, we have the third best record in the East, 5th in the entire NHL.
This team needs some work, but with the injury plague we suffered, we are doing fine.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote