HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: offensive show in mtl... Captain K?

Old
01-04-2009, 09:15 PM
The Supersonik Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Well, you're pretty ugly then, but I wouldn't say hideously ugly. Lets just say, you are a dragon. A knight will one day slay you and many other dragons, to bag his princess. So yeah, you still get a lot of action.
I love the way this is getting out of topic

The Supersonik Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 09:20 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
It has nothing to do with getting stronger. Sergei lacks experience to know when to pass/when not to pass. The pass that he made to Andrei and the one he made to Latendresse clearly prove that the kid is NHL ready...He just needs to learn when not to make a pass. A lot of his passes are risky and telegraphed. With time, he'll learn and become one of our most effective forwards.
there is a place to learn.. its named AHL..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Souvenirs

He has to learn at the NHL level.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Brunet always harps on about the Kosty bros, Kovalev, Plekanec and Higgins (and O'Byrne), and is always extremely positive about the Frenchies on the team. I like them all, so I hate his racist bias. (note that I said his BIAS is racist, not that Brunet is racist, for anyone wishing to harp on this)

His next targets that he will add in the next twelve months will probably be Chips, Daggs and MaxPac and Weber if he does play. Bank on it.
I really don't think Brunet has a bias. Didn't he play his minor hockey on the West Island? What I think is happening is he's being told to emphasis the work of the Quebecois on the team. It's a constant theme on RDS. Makes sense from a business point of view . The anglos and the allos are in Montreal and like the francos from Montreal most are Hab fans. But outside of the Montreal area there are a lot of former Nordique fans and I think Rds wants to reel them in with the emphasis on the local boys.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 09:44 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post
He hates Kovalev - was ragging on him all game long. Kovy gets 1st star. He hates the Habs, calling them fakers, calling their fans out for imagining penalties and being too vocal etc...
Well that's because before he was the village idiot in the Islander organization he was a journeyman defenseman with the Bruins when Montreal shellacked them every year in the playoffs.

Old
01-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Stradale

This hate on Kovalev is quite annoying.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 09:57 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sergei's case is because he's been mediocre at best
Makes me wonder why Carbo gives him a regular shift, plus PP & PK time. Maybe he's still better than a lot of players on the team.

Everyone points out S.K's mistakes but no one has pointed out Lats' f'ing lackadaisical play on Cullimore's goal. He was coasting all the way from the bench to the blue line and wasn't even heading towards Cullimore but just floating "la di da" no worries in the world.

Sergei needs to bring his game up to what it was last year but he is from far being a terrible player like some posters (not you) have been claiming.

Old
01-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Fire Brunet*

Markov is the mayne

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Ive seen him play often.
In TB and CLB AND AHL.

So no, I'd live and die with a struggling Halak.
I'd go with Denis the next game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Kovalev made one terrible play on Dvorak's first goal, besides that he was creating chances, hitting posts, making stuff happen.
Yes, those posts made nice music to our ears. It's not a ****ing symphony for cryin' out loud! Posts make music, they don't count as goals!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post

Markov is the mayne
Dude I was just about to post about my love for the good ol Marky. This guy is the man like it's his job to be the man

Calm, Cool, Quiet, can be flashy if he wants to but will make the smart play 10/10 times.

He's like the shy respectful guy in class who's always doing at the top of his class, but isn't an *******, he will help you if u need help

gwd i love markov

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 10:13 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
there is a place to learn.. its named AHL..
It's called a sophomore slump. Nearly every NHL player goes through it. Would you send Sam Gagner and Tobias Enstrom to the AHL? No, because they are still big parts of the future and you let them fight through it.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
This hate on Kovalev is quite annoying.
I think it's no secret that I'm not a Kovalev fan...

But I thought tonight he was pretty effective. Other than his Dvorak fumble, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't even have gotten in the Panther's zone on the numerous PPs.

He played alright. He obviously isn't the player he was last year though, cuz he missed an empty net one-timer that last year he would've easily had.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
LOL...last year with Price, what did they do in January with him to regain his confidence?? If you can't remember they sent him down to the AHL to work on his game !!! And what is the difference between Denis and Halak sitting on the end of the bench ?????????????????? What did they just do with O'Byrne ??? YES they sent him down to get playing time and get some confidence back !!!!! What is soooo bad that?????? Geez
Since you probably got excited and stopped reading after that post, you didn't see my following post.
So here it is:

Quote:
Last year was a completely different scenario.

We sent Price back down because he wasn't performing well, but mainly because Gainey already had his mind set on trading Huet at the deadline.

He wanted to give the net to Price and that's why he sent him back down to help his focus/confidence.

Halak will not be our #1, he won't take over Price's position, sending him in AHL for a month only to come back up and stay #2 won't change a thing.
It is useless to send Halak back down for a month, and let Denis sit on the bench only to call him up again to play as the #2..
I thought that was pretty obvious.

Halak is more than capable to do the job here. He did before, he can do it again.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Chomsky

Once again Gagnon proves that he knows squat about hockey, using skewed +/- to prove his points. This guy is terrible these days.

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70313985

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Once again Gagnon proves that he knows squat about hockey, using skewed +/- to prove his points. This guy is terrible these days.

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70313985
Yeah, but he's still the one that has a blogue and that everyone reads, instead of some no names complaining about everything, sitting behind his computer !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Since you probably got excited and stopped reading after that post, you didn't see my following post.
So here it is:

It is useless to send Halak back down for a month, and let Denis sit on the bench only to call him up again to play as the #2..
I thought that was pretty obvious.

Halak is more than capable to do the job here. He did before, he can do it again.
Ya I guess sitting on the bench when Price comes back will keep him in the groove...hmmm sitting on the bench in the NHL is better for your development than playing every game in the AHL for a month...OK

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Sergei was by far the worst player of both teams tonight, I dont care about pts, this kid isnt NHL material right now, has to bulk up and get stronger..
LOL post of the month right there !!

Yeah sure, I'd take the worst player of both teams with 2 assists and +4 every day of the week !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
LOL post of the month right there !!

Yeah sure, I'd take the worst player of both teams with 2 assists and +4 every day of the week !!

only difference from you is he is polar opposite of you on his opinion of skost.

you pimp the hell out of him. You have zero problem with him playing like crap most of the year and taking stupid penalties but he makes a good pass or has a good game and thats all we hear. Well frankly thats all we hear anyhow. Like thedamned, Huet poster of last year, you aren't hab fans but fans of certain players. If skosts ever leaves, you won't be heard from on this board again.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
A guy I noticed on the other team.

Jassen Cullimore.

Now, we held his rights twice, am I right? Once during the dark years, and brieftly he was ours via the dumping of Huet.

This guy used to be a glorified figure skater. Experience has made him a very interesting depth stay-at-home d-man. Not an impact player, and not someone I would pick over any of our d-men, but you know, interesting.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post

Jassen Cullimore.

Now, we held his rights twice, am I right? Once during the dark years, and brieftly he was ours via the dumping of Huet.

This guy used to be a glorified figure skater. Experience has made him a very interesting depth stay-at-home d-man. Not an impact player, and not someone I would pick over any of our d-men, but you know, interesting.
I think we had him when we dumped Samsonov on Chicago and Gainey bought him out... Along with Salmelainen.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 01:20 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I think we had him when we dumped Samsonov on Chicago and Gainey bought him out... Along with Salmelainen.
I confirm this.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 03:41 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Yeah, but he's still the one that has a blogue and that everyone reads, instead of some no names complaining about everything, sitting behind his computer !!

My mind just blew from the irony that is this post.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 06:52 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post

Jassen Cullimore.

Now, we held his rights twice, am I right? Once during the dark years, and brieftly he was ours via the dumping of Samsonov.

Edited.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 07:19 AM
SergeiKost99

Did anyone notice Komi when being interviewed talking about Halak. He was going to say something like Halak played a good game but then thought about it for a second lol and said something else. He said "I mean Jaro..........nice to get that win for Jaro there".

SergeiKost99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 08:14 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Carbo's take on the game, and the Habs play in general lately-

Quote:
''Our top line is on the shelf, there are five or six guys that would be part of our club who are out, but despite that we're playing really well,'' Carbonneau said. ''Tonight was an off night defensively, but we've played extremely well over the last month while we've had these injuries.''
Carbo's take on Halak-

Quote:
''If he's honest with himself he knows he's not playing well right now, and it's a time where he needs to be stronger, but we're lucky Carey shouldn't be gone for too long,'' Carbonneau said. ''If (Halak) wants to be a No. 1 in the NHL he's going to have to learn how to bounce back from tough games. He had some trouble tonight.''
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2619...s=secStory_nhl

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote