HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12Ottawa Senators @ 6New Jersey Devils: 5:00 P.M, TSN & MSG

Old
01-04-2009, 08:15 PM
BigEyedPhish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
In recent history since 2003 only Franzen has made there team.
They even traded Shane Matthias for 15 games of Bertuzzi.

Wings next wave of home grown talent is 2-3 years away.
What about 2002? I do not think going back 1 year is that big of a deal..

What i mean is that their players of old.. Yzerman, Federov, etc.. have been replaced by Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Kronvall and others..

Who is replacing our Chara, Redden, and Havlat? from INSIDE the organization?

No one..

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammitch View Post
What about 2002? I do not think going back 1 year is that big of a deal..
2002 was management before Muckler and Johnson did such great things, I don't want to complain about the bad 2002 draft he went out with.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
BigEyedPhish

Quote:

Also, look at Detroit in 2-3 years.. if they drafted like Muckler did in his last years I bet that team would be in the same boat..

Old
01-04-2009, 08:23 PM
BigEyedPhish

Quote:
2002 was management before Muckler and Johnson did such great things, I don't want to complain about the bad 2002 draft he went out with.
I am not I am just saying that you could compare Detroit to our team over the last 15 years..

Detroit's team of the past with Yzerman, and Federov could be compared to our team with Hossa, Yashin, Bondra (eww), whatever.. Now they have Zetterberg and Datsyuk as their centerpeice players, just as now ours are Spezza and Heatley, we just do not have the depth that they do..

Old
01-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Suiteness

Quote:
Well in all honesty who the hell would not want to play for Detroit? that is only one team though..

I am pretty sure if Hossa was given an offer by us he would think long and hard about it..
Hossa's motivation for choosing Detroit was winning a cup. He pretty much went to the team that he figured had the best shot at winning the cup. I doubt he even considered Ottawa for a second.

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Loose Sens
Drafting my Overalls

Lee's pace is pretty impressive, when you take into account - he had struggled early on and now the entire team is struggling.

Loose Sens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 08:28 PM
BigEyedPhish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Hossa's motivation for choosing Detroit was winning a cup. He pretty much went to the team that he figured had the best shot at winning the cup. I doubt he even considered Ottawa for a second.
Well I doubt Ottawa even considered him either because of cap space.. But I remember reading something when it was between us or Montreal to get him at last years Trade deadline and when they asked him about the rumors between him, montreal, and us he talked about how he loved playing here and blah blah blah..

Old
01-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Gil Gunderson

The officiating in the NHL is a ****in joke.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Caeldan

Quote:

I honestly feel like the Wings are on the bubble of having a down cycle as well. As much as people talk about how they're a model franchise... who're they gonna get to replace Lidstrom when he finally goes? They've still yet to really answer questions in goal (I don't think Howard's really much better than Osgood?). Plus they're gonna have some serious cap questions to answer as they've got a fair number of key UFA/RFAs to deal with coming up soon.

Caeldan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
I actually think the only thing keeping Detroit from being a team like us is that they draft so god damn well..

If we had the talent streaming through our system like they do we would be almost if not just as good as them..
Sorry but we have no Lidstrom. We don't have any idea of the impact a player of Lidstrom's caliber brings to a team...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 09:56 PM
southendsniper

how many times have we seen the opposition score in the last 5 minutes or so to come from behind and win the game? I seriously felt like I've seen this a million times from this team already.

That was a brutal penalty call on Phillips, but you knew the end result was inevitable.

southendsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 01:32 AM
AWald

I was one of the 352 fans at the game this afternoon and if anything you should be thanking the refs not bashing them.. The referees handed the sens pp after pp on a silver platter for two straight periods. The call in ot was legitimate and is consistently called in regular-season ot. Exciting game nonetheless. The Devils played like an ahl team for 2 periods and the Sens returned the favor in the third.

AWald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 01:53 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

01:43 OTT Nick Foligno : Abuse of officials - 0 min

anyone know what this was about?

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 02:05 AM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWald View Post
I was one of the 352 fans at the game this afternoon and if anything you should be thanking the refs not bashing them.. The referees handed the sens pp after pp on a silver platter for two straight periods. The call in ot was legitimate and is consistently called in regular-season ot. Exciting game nonetheless. The Devils played like an ahl team for 2 periods and the Sens returned the favor in the third.
hahaha

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 06:29 AM
billpo

Quote:
I think Lee will be better than Redden..
I don't think thats a compliment......

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Juice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
I don't think thats a compliment......
ahahahahah that made my morning...doesnt take much these days as a sens fan.

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

vCash: 50
Interesting words from Spezza in today's Sun...

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Sena...20041-sun.html

Spezza, who has been the subject of plenty of criticism, told Hockey Night in Canada Saturday he doesn't want to go anywhere.

"I can't say I've never thought of it (playing somewhere else), but it's just usually in down times that it may be nice to be somewhere where nobody knows you," said Spezza.

"But, at the end of the day, when you sit back and think about it, I love where I play. I signed to play in Ottawa for a reason. I enjoy the hockey market.

"When you're down it's tough and it definitely plays on your mind. But, if we can bring a championship to the city, it will be a great feeling," he said. "As much as we haven't done well this year, I don't feel like we're too far away with the guys we've got in this room."

So...he might be movable but he enjoys himself here.

Melnyks Mirage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Pancakes Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
Interesting words from Spezza in today's Sun...

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Sena...20041-sun.html

Spezza, who has been the subject of plenty of criticism, told Hockey Night in Canada Saturday he doesn't want to go anywhere.

"I can't say I've never thought of it (playing somewhere else), but it's just usually in down times that it may be nice to be somewhere where nobody knows you," said Spezza.

"But, at the end of the day, when you sit back and think about it, I love where I play. I signed to play in Ottawa for a reason. I enjoy the hockey market.

"When you're down it's tough and it definitely plays on your mind. But, if we can bring a championship to the city, it will be a great feeling," he said. "As much as we haven't done well this year, I don't feel like we're too far away with the guys we've got in this room."

So...he might be movable but he enjoys himself here.

Spezza is just being honest. I mean, who here hasn't thought about a change when they are not enjoying their job anymore or they are feeling like the world is taking a collective dump on them. I know I have. I appreciate the honesty...it shows us that he knows how crappy things are going right now.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:

I understand you Jason and i believe in your team, but you guys have to quit the bad habits and be able to hold a lead, even build on it.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 05:22 PM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexytime Explosion View Post
Spezza is just being honest. I mean, who here hasn't thought about a change when they are not enjoying their job anymore or they are feeling like the world is taking a collective dump on them. I know I have. I appreciate the honesty...it shows us that he knows how crappy things are going right now.
Can't have honesty around here. Gotta spit cliches all day long to make fans happy.

obsenssive* is offline   Reply With Quote