HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk III - All talk goes here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2009, 10:54 PM
  #176
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
Wonder how Koivu feels that they prefered Kovy over him.
I wanted Koivu instead of Kovy. Habs captain for 10 years, 100th anniversary and ASG in Montreal. I'm sure that he would have been named captain if he was selected. Before his injury, Koivu and Kovy have almost the exact amount of votes. Both of them were sharing #3 spot from day to day before Koivu gets injured.

Also, I wonder how the "text" the name to vote works. When someone texts "Koivu", does Saku and Mikko get votes or must the person texts "Saku" instead? Maybe that little confusion could have an impact too.

Clumsyhab is online now  
Old
01-04-2009, 11:14 PM
  #177
Phil Parent
Moderator
HALL PASS BRAH!!
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,997
vCash: 500
Kovy is the oldest, most experienced player going in the East.

So, while it's a long shot, he could be conference captain anyways.

Just expect it to be Crosby.

Phil Parent is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 07:08 AM
  #178
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
First off...it DOES mean something... it obviosly means something to the fans (if you check other boards besides habs, the rest of the fans do not agree with your opinion on Komo should be there) and if it didn't mean something to the fans, tsn.ca where they announced the starters wouldn't have 200+ posts of people pissed that Komo is in the game and not someone deserving....second, it means something to the players, its an honor and something you do with pride....third, whenever someone is put on the Hockey Hall of Fame, allstar appearances are a factor, or at least announced...

And I have yet to really say anything, but don't say other fans "aren't as passionate"...maybe you can say they "aren't as tech savvy" and learned how to make scripts and stuff the ballot...in truth the NHL took away 20% of the votes, i thought they should have taken 100% and let them start from scratch (same with pens, if they too used a script)...if it was ALL TEXT...well, than that's THE NHL'S FAULT for being ******** and making a system to be abused as it was
No, it doesn't mean anything at all. The ASG is nothing but a fan appreciation sideshow. Nothing more. Fans on other boards can whine all they want it doesn't make them right. This "more deserving" routine is getting old fast. I agree that it means something to the players....that is why Komi was so honored that HIS fans voted him in. As far as the all star game presence being a factor for induction in the HHOF that is nonsense. Souray has been twice that I know of and he is not HHOF material.

So an entire fanbase should have had their votes removed because 20% were found to be generated by a cheater? They were removed thereby restoring the vote to it original and legal state but that isn't enough for you? You need to punish an entire fanbase that voted correctly because of one act that was redressed? I legally voted for my players and in your point of view that should have been negated?

This statement alone shows your bias and removes any credibility. Like others here that claim honesty and how on other boards they are not biased, please go to those boards and discuss this with the other whiners that didn't care enough to vote for their favorite players.

RushDP is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 07:23 AM
  #179
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
You're fighting a lost cause battle here. A few of us have tried but were unsuccessful. I did find some unbiased opinions on the main board though.
Bias is a big word that can be used to mean what you need it to mean. I find that when somebody agrees with you they then become unbiased and correct. However, when they disagree with you, bias is the reason you were unsuccessful in enlightening them to the truth. Your truth.

The only truth is that under the current rules and regulations, a dedicated fanbase elected its favorite player to the starting lienup of an ASG. That is all. No need for a crusade to restore justice in the universe it is just a fan appreciation day showcasing the league's favorite players to their fans. No need to say that the world is immoral because one player will start the game over another player that will play anyway on the second shift. No need to run down Kovalev because OV will be playing on a different line 1 minute into the game. OV would have picked a fight with Malkin anyway so it's best they aren't on the same line.

RushDP is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 09:55 AM
  #180
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Bias is a big word that can be used to mean what you need it to mean. I find that when somebody agrees with you they then become unbiased and correct. However, when they disagree with you, bias is the reason you were unsuccessful in enlightening them to the truth. Your truth.
You have the wrong definition of bias. Bias as in seeing it from a fans' point of view. Seeing it with rose glasses. Not seeing the whole picture because having a soft spot for a player on your team. That's what bias is. Nothing to do with MY or YOUR opinion.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 04:53 PM
  #181
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
You have the wrong definition of bias. Bias as in seeing it from a fans' point of view. Seeing it with rose glasses. Not seeing the whole picture because having a soft spot for a player on your team. That's what bias is. Nothing to do with MY or YOUR opinion.

I am seeing it from a fans point of view. I don't own rose colored glasses. The whole point of fan voting was exactly to vote for a player on your team. The whole picture is that Hab fans voted for their players which is what the ENTIRE process was about.

Bias is a an inclination towards a certain way of thinking. Therefore when one says he goes to the main board for an unbiased opinion he is in fact going to a place where they are inclined to agree with his opinion. On this thread the bias is towards the vote being just and I consider this to be unbiased considering it was done within the rules of fair play. I think the main board is biased in their opinion because they are incapable of impartial judgment based on the "deserving" theory which is not the "big picture" of the ASG voting process.

At any rate, who cares what the other boards think of Hab fans? Do you think I'll lose any sleep over these whiners and their strict moral code crusading for the deserving to get in over players that mean enough to their fans to get voted in? Not likely.

RushDP is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 05:16 PM
  #182
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Fans should not be allowed to vote.

Ridiculous !

Only Markov, and maybe Price, deserve to represent the Habs.

Let the coaches, the players and the GMs vote !

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 05:17 PM
  #183
TomPlex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Fans should not be allowed to vote.

Ridiculous !

Only Markov, and maybe Price, deserve to represent the Habs.

Let the coaches, the players and the GMs vote !
HOW MAYBE PRICE? I DON'T ****ING GET IT!

TomPlex is online now  
Old
01-05-2009, 05:39 PM
  #184
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
You have the wrong definition of bias. Bias as in seeing it from a fans' point of view. Seeing it with rose glasses. Not seeing the whole picture because having a soft spot for a player on your team. That's what bias is. Nothing to do with MY or YOUR opinion.
LOL, funny. Using the word bias to describe fans who are voting for their favorite players. Do you Kinda see the futility of your remarks here? Get off you high horse, man. The vote is a P-O-P-U-L-A-R vote, not a "who do you thing is more deserving" vote. That's why there's the ballot, so fans from every team can pick their favorites from what the league defines as the ones from each team who are the more deserving. So is the NHL biased for putting Komi on the ballot??? I mean, they could've put Hammer there, no? But it was Komi because they felt he had merit.

About seeing the whole picture, ahem, why don't you try answering the All-star game logic test... post #138 of this present thread. Maybe that'll put somethings into prespective and you'll then see the whole picture.


And CanadianErrant should also answer it...

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 07:25 PM
  #185
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
HOW MAYBE PRICE? I DON'T ****ING GET IT!
Thomas should had been the starting goalie. That's all

Price as the backup, no problem.

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 07:34 PM
  #186
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
LOL, funny. Using the word bias to describe fans who are voting for their favorite players. Do you Kinda see the futility of your remarks here? Get off you high horse, man. The vote is a P-O-P-U-L-A-R vote, not a "who do you thing is more deserving" vote. That's why there's the ballot, so fans from every team can pick their favorites from what the league defines as the ones from each team who are the more deserving. So is the NHL biased for putting Komi on the ballot??? I mean, they could've put Hammer there, no? But it was Komi because they felt he had merit.

About seeing the whole picture, ahem, why don't you try answering the All-star game logic test... post #138 of this present thread. Maybe that'll put somethings into prespective and you'll then see the whole picture.
You should follow the debate before making uninformed comments and accusing people about things you have no clue about. I've said many times that although I understand the way the voting works, that the system is screwed. The NHL should have realized that last year when Rory ****ing Fitzpatrick almost got in!

I still doesn't change the fact that there are players that should be in the starting line-up ahead of Komo and Kovy. If people can't admit that, maybe THEY should get off their high horses, right?

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 09:06 PM
  #187
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
You should follow the debate before making uninformed comments and accusing people about things you have no clue about. I've said many times that although I understand the way the voting works, that the system is screwed. The NHL should have realized that last year when Rory ****ing Fitzpatrick almost got in!

I still doesn't change the fact that there are players that should be in the starting line-up ahead of Komo and Kovy. If people can't admit that, maybe THEY should get off their high horses, right?
No there aren't. You know why? Because nobody voted for the "deserving". That's right, the fans voted for their favorite players not some moral crusade poster boys.

The system is stupid that much I'll give you but until they change it please stop claiming moral victories. This thread is starting to look like last seasons Bruins PG threads after we beat them...again...all season long.

RushDP is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 09:17 PM
  #188
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
You should follow the debate before making uninformed comments and accusing people about things you have no clue about. I've said many times that although I understand the way the voting works, that the system is screwed. The NHL should have realized that last year when Rory ****ing Fitzpatrick almost got in!

I still doesn't change the fact that there are players that should be in the starting line-up ahead of Komo and Kovy. If people can't admit that, maybe THEY should get off their high horses, right?
Yeah of course there are player that deserve to be in the starting line-up more than Komo and Kovy but thats the choice of the fans andHabs fans won. If other hockey fans wants Ovechkin and Chara or whoever to be on the starting line up, all they had to do is vote, like you, if you want to see Ovechkin because he deserve it more than Kovy, just vote.

There are 30 teams, 30 fanbases if they want their favorites to be on the starting line up, all they had to do is vote.

Stradale is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 09:34 PM
  #189
TomPlex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Thomas should had been the starting goalie. That's all

Price as the backup, no problem.
And Thomas will go.

TomPlex is online now  
Old
01-05-2009, 09:38 PM
  #190
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky
 
Ference the Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
We have done everything fans supposed to do for their favorite team. The league may cheat and allow some other players to start, but I have to congratulate everybody here for the dedication and hard work that all of us has been putting in. Really proud of all you guys.
Like all the Habs fans who cheated with their computerized voting. Mr Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

So much for this being an All-Star Game. Yet another thing the NHL has screwed up...

Ference the Finger is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 09:41 PM
  #191
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,790
vCash: 500
pk is the allstar game.

Nedved is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 09:41 PM
  #192
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
You have the wrong definition of bias. Bias as in seeing it from a fans' point of view. Seeing it with rose glasses. Not seeing the whole picture because having a soft spot for a player on your team. That's what bias is. Nothing to do with MY or YOUR opinion.
The NHL asked the fan to do two things:
1) Vote for your Favorites Player
2) Vote often
As far as I am concern, we fully comply with the league's directive. Between Chara and Komi, who is my favorite player? The answer is obvious, it's Komi. Why should a Bruin's defenseman become my favorite player?
If the league has asked the fan to vote for the Most Deserved Players to start the ASG then it would be a different story. In this case, we are fully bias because Chara is a more deserved player. The fans in the main board and you seemed to be completly confuse between Favorite Players and Deserved Player. If the league is looking for Deserved Players, then there is no need for a popular vote. Just take the stats into account and you will never be wrong about the selection process. I hope you understand what I mean.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 09:43 PM
  #193
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky
 
Ference the Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,262
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Lord Chezz;17115655]Oh and I should add that Komi has one of the best outlet passes in the league QUOTE]

I think they added that to the Skills Comp this year!

Ference the Finger is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 09:46 PM
  #194
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky
 
Ference the Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
No, you don't understand the system.

Absolutely nothing about the All-Star Game has ever been about who deserves what. You don't "deserve" anything. The entire event is about fan appreciation. The more you let the fans decide, the more they can appreciate. Fans voted in the Blackhawks guys. Fans voted in the Penguin guys. And fans voted in the Habs guys. There is no "deserve". The All-Star game is not about the best players in the league, its about who the fans want to see do circus tricks. If the fans pick Komisarek to do hockey circus tricks, that's what they get.
And this is why no one outside of Montreal will watch the ASG...

Ference the Finger is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 09:57 PM
  #195
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadLooch View Post
Like all the Habs fans who cheated with their computerized voting. Mr Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

So much for this being an All-Star Game. Yet another thing the NHL has screwed up...
If you do not know what is going on in the ASG voting, then please do not come here to troll. At the beginning, some Habs fan is using scripts to vote and the NHL has taken 20% of our votes. Pens fans and fans from other teams also cheat but no votes are taken away from them. The league then introduced capcha that required you to vote manually and noboby can cheat. However, Pens fans used some sort of scripts/program that can send in a crazy amount of votes each hours. That's how they are able to push Crosby and Malkin in. They are not satisfied with that. They tried to also push for Gonchar and Fleury. The effort to counter the Pens votes is tremendous. Of course, from a Bruins fans like you, you will never be able to understand. The friendship, the encouragement from this Habs board on the last voting day with the odd stacking against us is something you will never be able to experience. I am glad to be a Habs fans.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
  #196
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadLooch View Post
And this is why no one outside of Montreal will watch the ASG...
So what, do you think we care about pathetic Bruins fans like you to watch the ASG?

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 11:07 PM
  #197
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
So what, do you think we care about pathetic Bruins fans like you to watch the ASG?
Ummmm....

I dont think he was refering to Bruins fans... i think he was refering to fans of the nhl...

as i said before... the allstar game has been hijacked by one team...its supposed to be for the fans of the NHL, not the fans of Montreal...

And where do you get this 20%...because the league took away 20% you think ONLY 20% of the votes at that time were not legit?... i will tell you something...that 20% is a number the league pulled out of its ass to some what save face for the circus they helped create...

Does anyone here have the hard numbers and know for sure it was only 20% from the script??... i would put my life savings and everything i own on a bet if the true numbers came out and the non legit votes were much much higher than 20%....but thats another story... so please don't be preaching "it was only 20% from the script and they took that away"...its just pure assenine

Just because the league pulled a number out of a hat, doesn't mean its a legit number

What's done is done...nothing can change...one can only hope the league will change for next year, it was bad enough we had the Rory debacle last year... and now a 0.15 point per game player is taking an allstar spot, and therefore denying some one who is more legit and belongs there.

Seguins Dragon* is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 11:12 PM
  #198
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Ha ha, Montreal fans should hijack it every year, it makes this place more funny.

Lord Horse is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 11:14 PM
  #199
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
Ha ha, Montreal fans should hijack it every year, it makes this place more funny.
I'm already planning for next year.

I just don't know if the website should be called www.allstarchipchura.com or www.voteforchips.com

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
01-05-2009, 11:17 PM
  #200
MayorFord
Registered User
 
MayorFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: North Korea
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
so, do you guys think chara will get the boo's at the ASG?

MayorFord is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.