HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk III - All talk goes here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2009, 12:17 AM
  #201
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I wanted Koivu instead of Kovy. Habs captain for 10 years, 100th anniversary and ASG in Montreal. I'm sure that he would have been named captain if he was selected. Before his injury, Koivu and Kovy have almost the exact amount of votes. Both of them were sharing #3 spot from day to day before Koivu gets injured.

Also, I wonder how the "text" the name to vote works. When someone texts "Koivu", does Saku and Mikko get votes or must the person texts "Saku" instead? Maybe that little confusion could have an impact too.
When I texted "Kostitsyn" it would send me a reply right away saying to text "1" for Andrei, and "2" for Sergei. Needless to say, I replied with a "1."

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 12:20 AM
  #202
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo View Post
so, do you guys think chara will get the boo's at the ASG?
I hope the arena is nothing but booing until Canadiens touch the puck.

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 12:24 AM
  #203
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I hope the arena is nothing but booing until Canadiens touch the puck.
way to stay classy montreal

Seguins Dragon* is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 12:44 AM
  #204
TomPlex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadLooch View Post
And this is why no one outside of Montreal will watch the ASG...
Really? Aww, I guess you'll miss Thomas' period! That sucks...

The most pathetic part about all this bickering is that fans like you will be willing to skip the ASG because, simply put, your fan base isn't as strong as ours EVEN THOUGH you know that your #1 goalie will get the nod for a full period. How does that make any sense?

Do you think we would be *****ing if your terrible fan base managed to outvote ours (WITHOUT CHEATING; don't start quoting moans from our threads because we were clearly discussing cheating - there was NO WAY that the Pens fans got that many votes in in the span of an hour for Fleury) and Thomas got sent instead of Price?

TomPlex is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 12:46 AM
  #205
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post

And where do you get this 20%...because the league took away 20% you think ONLY 20% of the votes at that time were not legit?... i will tell you something...that 20% is a number the league pulled out of its ass to some what save face for the circus they helped create...

Does anyone here have the hard numbers and know for sure it was only 20% from the script??... i would put my life savings and everything i own on a bet if the true numbers came out and the non legit votes were much much higher than 20%....but thats another story... so please don't be preaching "it was only 20% from the script and they took that away"...its just pure assenine

Just because the league pulled a number out of a hat, doesn't mean its a legit number
The 20% is the correct number because the total vote for each Habs went down by that percentage after one day. May be the guys here can help me with this. When the league took vote away from us, they install capcha right away I think. At that point, what was our total number of votes. If I remembered correctly it was about 400K. Since then we have added about 1 Millions votes for each Habs player Legally. Who are the closest players in term of voting. All Pens players. If the leagiue has taken every single votes from us, then all Pens will be voted in by now: Crosby, Malkin, Gonchar, Withney, and Fleury. Even if they take every single vote away from us, we still finish miles ahead of Chara, Ovechkin, etc. If I am not mistaken, you are a Pens fans right. You probably prefer an all Pens lineup because Fleury is much better than Price and Markov can not even lick Whitney`s skates. What about the massive voting from the Hawks and the Ducks to get their players in. Toews is having a very bad year and Nidermayer is a completely fading star (shoud have retired now). I didn`t see you complain about it. Why only blame the Habs and not other teams which are as guilty as us (according to your logic) .

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 01:04 AM
  #206
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
The 20% is the correct number because the total vote for each Habs went down by that percentage after one day. May be the guys here can help me with this. When the league took vote away from us, they install capcha right away I think. At that point, what was our total number of votes. If I remembered correctly it was about 400K. Since then we have added about 1 Millions votes for each Habs player Legally. Who are the closest players in term of voting. All Pens players. If the leagiue has taken every single votes from us, then all Pens will be voted in by now: Crosby, Malkin, Gonchar, Withney, and Fleury. Even if they take every single vote away from us, we still finish miles ahead of Chara, Ovechkin, etc. If I am not mistaken, you are a Pens fans right. You probably prefer an all Pens lineup because Fleury is much better than Price and Markov can not even lick Whitney`s skates. What about the massive voting from the Hawks and the Ducks to get their players in. Toews is having a very bad year and Nidermayer is a completely fading star (shoud have retired now). I didn`t see you complain about it. Why only blame the Habs and not other teams which are as guilty as us (according to your logic) .
Firstly...not a Pens fan, just a fan of hockey in general, and i try to have an unbiased and objective view point (hence why in one of my posts I said if the role was reveresed and Markov was shafted and didn't make the allstar team because Pens fans voted Hal Gill I would be right with you screaming bloody murder)

Secondly... I am saying the number the league took away is a made up number...the league has no idea how many votes were actually done VIA script....they just estimated 20% and voila...doesn't mean its a legit number, its just a guess

Thirdly... Toews, Neids and the west had like 1\2 as many votes as the habs players (my guess is they didn't cheat)...but than again "maybe their fans aren't as passionate"

My beef is with Komo...Price would be an allstar, maybe not starter but on it for sure...markov a starter, no question....and Kovalev, well, he shouldn't be there but i know he has skills and will at least be entertaining so i can let it slide...

But Komo??? Toews had more points in his ROOKIE SEASON than he has had his WHOLE CAREER

Plus... fans of montreal know who Toews is....fans of chicago probably have no clue who Komo is

As for Neids...well, I mean I would prefer to have seen Blake, or Boyle...but I mean...at least Neids is on pace to score match or have more points this ONE season (along with 4 other previos seasons) than Komo has his entire career as well....

So... yeah.... sure someone else could have been there, but at least he is a star, and someone ALL fans can appercaite...not just ducks (or in Komo's case Habs)

Seguins Dragon* is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 01:06 AM
  #207
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
****SIDE NOTE*****

If someone can explain to me how or why the 20% is a legit number other than saying "its the number the league took"... I would love to hear it (not sarcastic, honestly, cause currently I am under the impression its simply a guess)....otherwise im sorry, I won't buy it

Seguins Dragon* is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 01:10 AM
  #208
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally
 
Galchenyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
Secondly... I am saying the number the league took away is a made up number...the league has no idea how many votes were actually done VIA script....they just estimated 20% and voila...doesn't mean its a legit number, its just a guess

You know they probably took away votes which had been submitted thousands and thousands of times from the same IP addresses, which added up to approximately 20%?

They may have a stupid voting system for their All-Star Game, but that doesn't mean their employees who work on the internet are retarded.

Galchenyum is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 01:23 AM
  #209
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins 21 View Post
You know they probably took away votes which had been submitted thousands and thousands of times from the same IP addresses, which added up to approximately 20%?

They may have a stupid voting system for their All-Star Game, but that doesn't mean their employees who work on the internet are retarded.
Hey..how long has Bettman been in charge now???.... i wouldn't put it past the NHL

Seguins Dragon* is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 01:26 AM
  #210
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,664
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=song4thedeaf;17173200]

Thirdly... Toews, Neids and the west had like 1\2 as many votes as the habs players (my guess is they didn't cheat)...but than again "maybe their fans aren't as passionate"

QUOTE]

You have been here a while and you know the whole thing about the Pens votes. If we voted the same way the Hawks fans are voting then almost all starters will be Pens players. Is this what you want to see…. It took a lot of effort and time from each one of us to overcome the Pens votes. We are not happy to see the Pens attempted to start all their players. At least we took the matter into our own hands. A lot of fans from other NHL teams simply do nothing about it. They are not fighting for Chara, Ovechkin, etc. Do you think it is easy for me to start voting from 9AM to 5PM on the last day of votings… Voting for Chara, Ovechkin will mean that all Pens will start the ASG and that is not acceptable. If Chara, Thomas have been very close to the Pens players and Komisarek and Price are falling behind then I will vote for them even Bruins is my most hated team. What upset me the most is that people on HF Boards just blamed the Habs and their fans while not even bother with what the Pens fans were trying to do. They stuffed the ballot boxes so that all their players will start the ASG in Montreal. If you are the Habs fan, what will you do in this scenario. The game is being played in your own backyard and the opposing team is bullying you and you do nothing aboiut it.


Last edited by JustAHabFan: 01-06-2009 at 01:36 AM.
JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 01:28 AM
  #211
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally
 
Galchenyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
Hey..how long has Bettman been in charge now???.... i wouldn't put it past the NHL
That doesn't mean that he would draw a percentage out of a hat to remove fake votes. It would not be hard to search for IP's which have a ridiculous amount of votes.

Galchenyum is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 01:35 AM
  #212
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=JustAHabFan;17173468]
Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post



You have been here a while and you know the whole thing about the Pens votes. If we voted the same way the Hawks fans are voting then almost all starters will be Pens players. Is this what you want to see…. It took a lot of effort and time from each one of us to overcome the Pens votes. We are not happy to see the Pens attempted to start all their players. At least we took the matter into our own hands. A lot of fans from other NHL teams simply do nothing about it. They are not fighting for Chara, Ovechkin, etc. Do you think it is easy for me to start voting from 9AM to 5PM on the last day of votings… Voting for Chara, Ovechkin will mean that all Pens will start the ASG and that is not acceptable. If Chara, Thomas have been very close to the Pens players and Komisarek and Price are falling behind then I will vote for them even Bruins is my most hated team.
You make a great point for sure

Of course I wouldn't want to see all Pens.... if I could choose who would start it would be...

Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin (as forwards)... Markov and Chara\Green on Defense...and Thomas as goalie (though, Price is not such a tragedy, before he got hurt put up some solid games...so no beef there, and i think Price would be better for the league in general to start, because I do believe Thomas will be a "flash in the pan")

You have to remember though....you guys started this madness... when you had all 6 spots taken and "the face of the nhl" was not a starter, neither the league's leader in points.... you made a lot of fans pissed...

However if you can honestly say if you had 1 vote to make, and by some act of God EVERY fan had 1 vote only...you would vote that way, then I commend you, i really do

Seguins Dragon* is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 01:44 AM
  #213
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,664
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=song4thedeaf;17173567]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post

You have to remember though....you guys started this madness... when you had all 6 spots taken and "the face of the nhl" was not a starter, neither the league's leader in points.... you made a lot of fans pissed...

do
It`s quite true that we started this madness. The fault should be squarely on the NHL first and our fan base second. If they have not put each Habs in a starting position then this madness will never happened. Did you see us flooding the ballot box all the previous years. We didn`t. This is our centenial and the ASG is in Montreal and they give us 6 Habs players to vote for (one in each position). Knowing how rabid our fan base is, the outcome is easily predicted. The NHL should only need to put Price, Markov and may be Koivu on the ballot box and that`s it. You will never hear a complain from me if the NHL decided to do so.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 01:51 AM
  #214
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=JustAHabFan;17173652]
Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post

It`s quite true that we started this madness. The fault should be squarely on the NHL first and our fan base second. If they have not put each Habs in a starting position then this madness will never happened. Did you see us flooding the ballot box all the previous years. We didn`t. This is our centenial and the ASG is in Montreal and they give us 6 Habs players to vote for (one in each position). Knowing how rabid our fan base is, the outcome is easily predicted. The NHL should only need to put Price, Markov and may be Koivu on the ballot box and that`s it. You will never hear a complain from me if the NHL decided to do so.
Oh ya... i totally agree....the nhl messed up bad... i mean, anyone with half a brain could have saw this a mile away....plus, Komo has no business on the ballot (neither did Patrice Bergeron to name another off the top of my head)

THe fan voting is some what new... i think they should scrap it...this experiment is epic fail...like the fox glowing puck

Seguins Dragon* is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 02:02 AM
  #215
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,664
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=song4thedeaf;17173733]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post

Oh ya... i totally agree....the nhl messed up bad... i mean, anyone with half a brain could have saw this a mile away....plus, Komo has no business on the ballot (neither did Patrice Bergeron to name another off the top of my head)

THe fan voting is some what new... i think they should scrap it...this experiment is epic fail...like the fox glowing puck
Every year, the Habs usually send only one player to the ASG. We will be happy to send 2 (Markov and Price) considering the ASG is in Montreal. If the NHL also allow Koivu then our fans will be estatic. But now, they give us the chance to have 6 Habs in the ASG. Really it was too much of a temptation for us. We saw that the Pens is pushing for Malkin and Crosby and there is nothing we can do about it (I am sure the Pens is doing something funny there because there is just no way they can outvoting us). If you strictly following the voting rules then I am not surprised to see all 6 Habs to start the game. The NHL is messing up very badly this year. Hopefully they learn their lesson.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 08:26 AM
  #216
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
You should follow the debate before making uninformed comments and accusing people about things you have no clue about. I've said many times that although I understand the way the voting works, that the system is screwed. The NHL should have realized that last year when Rory ****ing Fitzpatrick almost got in!

I still doesn't change the fact that there are players that should be in the starting line-up ahead of Komo and Kovy. If people can't admit that, maybe THEY should get off their high horses, right?
Listen, you are the one who was getting on your high horse, not accepting facts about the ASG, telling people they are biased and that they don't see the whole picture when I provided facts and argument that shows IT IS YOU that does not see the whole picture. Yet again you come back with the "system is screwed" yet you call on others because of their bias? You are what you say others are. The purpose is to have a popular vote. Its a question of opinion and bias to not like it this way. It is YOUR BIAS that doesn't see it as ok. Get a friggin clue.

What you are unable to admit to yourself is that the NHL PUT THEM ON THE BALLOT. You don't answer that argument of mine either. What's the problem? Can't admit of being wrong? So was the NHL bias of putting Komi and Kovy on the ballot for starters???

Who cares if other players deserve more to be starters, they are gonna be at the ASG anyway. The starters are just a way for fans to ensure that their favorites will be there, a fact that you seem unable to face or admit. Do you actually realize that it has happened many times in the past where one of the best defensive Dman in the league played in the all-star. Why doyou think the NHL put Komi on the Ballot?

Why don't you friggin answer the All-star logic test?

Here's a rundown. Instead of you claiming to know, why don't you regard these facts :

THE BALLOT IS CHOSEN BY THE NHL IN LATE OCTOBER, do you really think its based on this season only????

Tell me who finished 15th in the entire league for points last season? Top 8 in the East. 2nd among all RW???? Yeah, that was Kovy... so among all Habs, he was the best, better than the best players on 10 other teams in the east, because Ottawa had three playes with more points than him. So among 5-8 players, because of a vote, he finished 3rd among 8, and you're making such a drama, because what? He'll be the first on the ice instead of Ovy, yet Ovy will still be part of that game? Seems like a lot of whinning for nothing. He is QUITE deserving to go to the ASG. As to whether he goes there as a starter or not doesn't make a difference aside from the fact that the fans have spoken and said they wanted him there.

It is you who seems to have a hard time to see the whole picture, yet you who were the one ***** other posters about no seeing the whole picture.

What really frustrated you is that I showed just how pathetic is was to call other people biased when you are ******** on them for voting IN A POPULAR VOTE. And yet, again, you ****** on me for pointing those things out, and yet accuse me of what you are doing.


Last edited by Ozymandias: 01-06-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Ozymandias is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 11:50 AM
  #217
Doc McKenna
Registered User
 
Doc McKenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 715
vCash: 500
Exactly. The whole crtieria aside, it is a popularity contest. I never won one back in Highschool does that mean I still didn't go to the dance(actually I didn't but that something else entirely) You will still see Thomas, Ovechkin, LeCav, maybe even brind amore Remember the seasons where we had lots of top notch talent and yet only sent one maybe 2 tops. It happens to every team. You could send the whole top line on 3 teams in the east, but what would that prove?

If Astrix wants to get upset, fire a letter to the NHL. Maybe they will finally change this system. Rory was suppose to go last year, but they cheated. We didn't stuff the box in any other year. This year we wanted to see our own(heck I am 11 hours away and they are still mine!) As has been pointed out, look at Chi and Ana, can you say the 6 starters in the west should be there above more deserving players?

Doc McKenna is offline  
Old
01-06-2009, 12:31 PM
  #218
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, c‚lisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 9,027
vCash: 500
wow, I thought this thread was closed. It's over.

deandebean is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.