HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you wish the leafs were better???

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2009, 02:26 AM
Seguins Dragon*

vCash: 500
Do you wish the leafs were better???

Hey... I am not trying to start a flame thread...but cruising their board...its obvious they are no longer in denial and realise they are rebuilding.... they obviosly would love to be last place and have the best shot at Tavares...

I guess... I think the leafs have not been so hot the last few years, I kind of miss them (I am not a habs fan, but live in an hour away from TO and in the past ALL YOU HEARD was leaf talk...now because they are not so good you hear nothing)... and since habs ARE their biggest rivals, i figured it was approiate to have here...

Anyways I used to enjoy watching them lose...but now I think I rather see them win, and have a some what decent team (not a stanley cup of course) but to be competitive... I mean I would watch Montreal VS Leafs game just due to tradition and the fire... it just seems like that fire is gone now....

I dont know.... I kind of feel bad for Leaf fans, they are so loyal and have never been rewarded with ANY sort of competancy by management..and this mismanagement has really hurt the franchise

I would love a Habs fan opinion on this... would you prefer to see the Leafs doing better? so when you play them there is that competiveness, that playoff atmosphere even in January??

Please... i repeat NOT TRYING TO START A FLAME.... just very curious of Leaf's biggest rivals on whether they would rather play against a more competitive team or not

Old
01-06-2009, 02:30 AM
Please

Nope. I have a thing for the mediocre.

Old
01-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

I don't know. Seeing the Leafs lose is definitely no punishment. And it gives us a better chance to beat them when we play them.

Old
01-06-2009, 02:38 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

I hope they make the playoffs I really do :-)

so they get a higher draft pick mwahahaha ;-)

Old
01-06-2009, 02:41 AM
le_sean

If the Sens come in 9th and Leafs 10th, then I will laugh...all the way to the BANK.

WOOOOOO!

Old
01-06-2009, 02:45 AM
CPrice

I love seeing them lose but I dont want to see them draft high either.

Old
01-06-2009, 02:51 AM
LyricalLyricist

Bruins have become better, and it's made the rivalry excellent. It makes the games interesting and far more important knowing you're facing a team that can potentially take your playoff spot away. It's a tough call, but I just want them to rebuild...correctly. They won't get tavares of hedman, so whatever. I just hope they draft well and become competitive. I know I shouldn't be promoting success of the leafs but there's 2 reasons why I do(to an extent of course). 1) I'm tired of them being in the news every week about some dumb thing their owner or GMs do. It's annoying as hell to hear them talk about stupidities 99% of the time. 2) I hate the leafs, not a fan, never will be. However, at same time, i'd rather they suck because...they suck, rather than them be a joke of a franchise and still suck anyway. It's embarrasing to the fan base what has been going on the last few years. I'm mildly supportive of any canadian team(we only have 6, so i appreciate every single one), it's not to say I want toronto to win a cup or anything, but having them be a joke isn't entertaining. It's laughable at first, but eventually you just get tired of it. You actually hope they come out the gutter and be a somewhat succesful team...who can't beat the habs and can't win a cup anyway...what? i'm still a habs fan. I really hope they turn the corner and return to being a classy organization...the right way.

If you're asking if I wish they were better now while going through the process, no. I want them to tough it out. Them being instantly successful while rebuilding...eh...I'm not that supportive of all canadian teams. We went through rough times and many other teams are still having problems being competitive, only fair they go through the process.

Old
01-06-2009, 02:56 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
Hey... I am not trying to start a flame thread...but cruising their board...its obvious they are no longer in denial and realise they are rebuilding.... they obviosly would love to be last place and have the best shot at Tavares...

I guess... I think the leafs have not been so hot the last few years, I kind of miss them (I am not a habs fan, but live in an hour away from TO and in the past ALL YOU HEARD was leaf talk...now because they are not so good you hear nothing)... and since habs ARE their biggest rivals, i figured it was approiate to have here...

Anyways I used to enjoy watching them lose...but now I think I rather see them win, and have a some what decent team (not a stanley cup of course) but to be competitive... I mean I would watch Montreal VS Leafs game just due to tradition and the fire... it just seems like that fire is gone now....

I dont know.... I kind of feel bad for Leaf fans, they are so loyal and have never been rewarded with ANY sort of competancy by management..and this mismanagement has really hurt the franchise

I would love a Habs fan opinion on this... would you prefer to see the Leafs doing better? so when you play them there is that competiveness, that playoff atmosphere even in January??

Please... i repeat NOT TRYING TO START A FLAME.... just very curious of Leaf's biggest rivals on whether they would rather play against a more competitive team or not
Yes I wish they were abit better simply because it would hinder their chances at getting Hedman, Tavares, Ellis. Those 3 Players scare me when they play. They are so dynamic, i could just see Toronto drafting one of them and it biting us in the ass over and over and over again.

Old
01-06-2009, 03:12 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
For better competition, yes

To be cruel to the GTA that never let up about being a Habs fan, no

Old
01-06-2009, 04:41 AM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

Tough call..I live just outside of Toronto and although they're humbled this year by their teams play don't let that fool you. I think we play them on the 8th and if we lose you will see the "True Leaf fan" come out, maybe not as abrasive as it once was but it's like they just can't help themselves. Honestly I never hated the Leafs I just hated there fans , and it's actually a nice thing to have them see that there are "Other" teams in the NHL and that the Leafs are NOT the end all be all of the hockey world.
So I guess to answer the question no I do not wish they were any better I think they need to know what humility is for a change. IMO

<<< See avatar that's how I feel

Old
01-06-2009, 08:35 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post

The Leafs always find a way to bring their A game vs the Habs, it doesn't seem to matter that they are behind the Habs in the standings or not. This years Leaf edition team is short on talent, but really seem to play hard most nights, and when they get good goaltending from Toskala, they always seem to be in the game. This will continue to be a long season for them, but I have been surprised they have won as many games as they have already...

Old
01-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Tuggy

The Leafs haven't made the playoffs since the 03-04 season. I haven't seen them as competition (for a playoff spot) for a long time.

Old
01-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Lone Rogue

If the Leafs had the worst team in the NHL, their players would still step up to the challenge every time against the Habs. That's just a painful truth.

I'd rather see the Leafs in last every single season, misdrafting players like the New York Islanders and losing the good ones they draft before they can see them develop.

Old
01-06-2009, 09:12 AM
zzoo

I used to hate them with passion, but I'm now indifferent.

Old
01-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I used to hate them with passion, but I'm now indifferent.
Before it was a crappy Boston team with a neck and neck Toronto, now its Montreal and Boston as powerhouse teams with Toronto being crappy.

That said, as them being the teams I hate, I'd much more prefer to see Boston and Toronto failing miserably with sad, depressed fans still pining for the days of Lanny and Cam, over either team being a success and meeting us in the playoffs. I would actually rather trample teams where half of their arena is filled by Hab fans to win the Cup than rival teams who get better due to who they are playing and the meaning behind the games.

I like the route with the least friction

Old
01-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Guy Caballero

I live in Toronto, and there's no mercy here when the habs are **** and the leafs are good, so no. Now everyone's all nice, like we're all Canadian hockey brothers or something.

Old
01-06-2009, 09:42 AM
kovalost27

I hope that they have their worst season this year (which won't happen) so that they can be able to draft Tavares or Hedman. I miss watching Canadians games where the Leafs were actually challenging, and the Canadians would beat them bad.

Old
01-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Mustafa*

I want them to finish 9th, and no, i dont want a division rival to become better, thank you very much.

Old
01-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Etienne

No. I hate the Leafs. I hate Hollweg. I hate Brian Burke. 10th in the East please.

Old
01-06-2009, 10:00 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

This isn't going to end well and reaks of bad karma.

Closed Thread