Notices

Antti Laaksonen?

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2004, 06:54 AM
Jonathon

vCash: 500
Antti Laaksonen?

May i ask what role Laaksonen played in Minnesota last season and what are his strengths and weaknesses?

thank you

Old
07-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Bookman

vCash: 728
Antti played with Wes Walz on the checking line for most of his stay here in Minnesota, although he spent some time in Lemaire's doghouse last season - he has nice speed, plays with a bit of grit, though not a lot, and he can chip in 10-15 goals over the course of the season. He's a classic 3rd line winger, nothing special, but he was a pretty solid member of the Wild over their first 4 seasons.

Old
07-30-2004, 12:22 PM
ceber

I'm eager to see how he does on a different team. I think his best offense came from counter-attacks. Two-on-ones, breakaways. Also the occasional penalty shot. He looked like a pretty decent scorer in those situations, I thought. To be effective I think he'll need at least one linemate with speed. Just my opinion based only on what I saw with the Wild (another reason I want to see how he does... figure out just how wrong I am).

Old
07-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Wild Bill

Yeah, it should be pretty interesting to see how he does...maybe he actually gets a look with some scorers around him...prolly not though.

I wonder if he'll know how to skate without Wes attatched at the hip... :lol

I wish "Antti-offense" all the best wishes...

Old
07-31-2004, 09:01 AM
StateofHockey

Send a message via MSN to StateofHockey Send a message via Yahoo to StateofHockey
Averagely skilled player who has moments of glitz and glam, likely to play a full season if given the chance by the coach, speedy, and has a good work ethic.

However most people see his type of player as a dime a dozen due to his "average" skills.

He did record the first hat trick for the Minnesota Wild in franchise history so you know the kid can put pucks in the net.

Closed Thread