HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stevens Interview anyone???

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2009, 05:10 PM
  #1
Mike Richards 18
Registered User
 
Mike Richards 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 50
Stevens Interview anyone???

So over on Eklunds site Timmy P had some blips from the interview this morning with our Coach and he was really pissed off at what coach Boudreau had to say about our team.

Does anyone happen to have both of the interviews on video or on paper in full?
Thanks in advance for any material from the interviews.

all in all tonite could end up being a very rough and hated game that will feul these teams creating a rivalry if this keeps up which i would love to see.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:12 PM
  #2
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
So over on Eklunds site Timmy P had some blips from the interview this morning with our Coach and he was really pissed off at what coach Boudreau had to say about our team.

Does anyone happen to have both of the interviews on video or on paper in full?
Thanks in advance for any material from the interviews.

all in all tonite could end up being a very rough and hated game that will feul these teams creating a rivalry if this keeps up which i would love to see.
This may be just a fun game to watch. I too would like the see this interview.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
  #3
Mike Richards 18
Registered User
 
Mike Richards 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 50
http://capitals.nhl.tv/team/console....9957&catid=418

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...at_Flyers.html

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
  #4
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Boudreau is a great coach, but a whiny *****.

I don't put too much stock in Stevens' coaching ability, but he handled this well.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:31 PM
  #5
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
I'd rather he didn't even address it. Let that ***** wallow in his adolescent, hasnt-gotten-laid yet bitterness.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:45 PM
  #6
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Go cry some more
&i'm sorry we scored more goals than you, and out shot you.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:51 PM
  #7
frenchie
Registered User
 
frenchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Go cry some more
&i'm sorry we scored more goals than you, and out shot you.
No, they outshot us(26-5 in the 1st period, or something like that).

frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:54 PM
  #8
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
No, they outshot us(26-5 in the 1st period, or something like that).
lol yeah they outshot the **** out of us. I think it was something like 48-20.

No wonder he's so mad. I'm sooorrry I aate your fish! Um, I mean I'm sooorry our goalie stood on his head!

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 06:04 PM
  #9
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular
 
claude boivin lives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
I'd rather he didn't even address it. Let that ***** wallow in his adolescent, hasnt-gotten-laid yet bitterness.
Well, to be fair...he didn't really address it. It may have taken him a lot of words to do so, but for the most part, he addressed it by basically stating that he had no interest in addressing it.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 06:04 PM
  #10
Mike Richards 18
Registered User
 
Mike Richards 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 50
Riley Cote had this to say tonight about Caps' coach Bruce Boudreau's earlier comments:

“We won the last game," he said. "It’s a team game. You get a couple fights, you win some, you lose some. Brashear is a tough guy, no question. I don’t feel bad. I did my job.

“I will be the first to tell you I got my ass kicked. Big deal. I really don’t care. I got right back up and fought him again.

“It’s hockey, not a UFC [Ultimate Fighting Championship] match. I prepare every game the same way. I expect to fight every night. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some.”

As for Boudreau ...

"The fact that he is wasting his time and energy to talk about me and something like that ..
. For him to dig up something like that, I don’t know,” Cote said.

**



WASHINGTON _ Mount Stevens erupted this morning at Verizon Center.

John Stevens did not like our line of questioning about his reaction to some of Bruce Boudreau's comments concerning the Caps' 7-1 embarrassment at the Flyers' hands on Dec. 20.

He didn't like what Boudreau had to say about Riley Cote, either. When we pressed him on Boudreau's comments of this week about "what goes around", Stevens went off.

“You know what? You guys can take this Boudreau stuff and you can take it somewhere else,” Stevens said, clearly angry. “I’m not getting drawn into tit-for-tat stuff. I don’t know where this is going.

“Bruce coaches the Washington Capitals. I don’t care what he says. I got my team to get ready here. This is obviously, an important game, a hard game, I don’t care what he said to be honest with you. He can say what he wants. Our team plays the way we play. We’re a stand-up honest hockey team. He can say that stuff for the media outside of me because I don’t care to hear it.”

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 06:13 PM
  #11
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Well, to be fair...he didn't really address it. It may have taken him a lot of words to do so, but for the most part, he addressed it by basically stating that he had no interest in addressing it.
I guess I should have watched the video. Rock on johnny! thumbsup

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 07:46 PM
  #12
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores
 
Ryanoceros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
Riley Cote had this to say tonight about Caps' coach Bruce Boudreau's earlier comments:

“We won the last game," he said. "It’s a team game. You get a couple fights, you win some, you lose some. Brashear is a tough guy, no question. I don’t feel bad. I did my job.

“I will be the first to tell you I got my ass kicked. Big deal. I really don’t care. I got right back up and fought him again.

“It’s hockey, not a UFC [Ultimate Fighting Championship] match. I prepare every game the same way. I expect to fight every night. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some.”

As for Boudreau ...

"The fact that he is wasting his time and energy to talk about me and something like that ..
. For him to dig up something like that, I don’t know,” Cote said.

**



WASHINGTON _ Mount Stevens erupted this morning at Verizon Center.

John Stevens did not like our line of questioning about his reaction to some of Bruce Boudreau's comments concerning the Caps' 7-1 embarrassment at the Flyers' hands on Dec. 20.

He didn't like what Boudreau had to say about Riley Cote, either. When we pressed him on Boudreau's comments of this week about "what goes around", Stevens went off.

“You know what? You guys can take this Boudreau stuff and you can take it somewhere else,” Stevens said, clearly angry. “I’m not getting drawn into tit-for-tat stuff. I don’t know where this is going.

“Bruce coaches the Washington Capitals. I don’t care what he says. I got my team to get ready here. This is obviously, an important game, a hard game, I don’t care what he said to be honest with you. He can say what he wants. Our team plays the way we play. We’re a stand-up honest hockey team. He can say that stuff for the media outside of me because I don’t care to hear it.”
Kudos to John Stevens. As much as he gets thrown under the bus for the X's and O's on here, he does a tremendous job of handling this kind of crap. You know the media wanted to turn this into a verbal war between coaches and create a rivalry, but he saw what was going on and answered perfectly.

As for Boudreau, it's funny how he forgets his 10-2 rout of the Spoked B's last season...

Ryanoceros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  #13
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
From the same Tim B entry on hockeybuzz:

Quote:
Riley Cote had this to say tonight about Caps' coach Bruce Boudreau's earlier comments:

We won the last game," he said. "Its a team game. You get a couple fights, you win some, you lose some. Brashear is a tough guy, no question. I dont feel bad. I did my job.

I will be the first to tell you I got my ass kicked. Big deal. I really dont care. I got right back up and fought him again.

Its hockey, not a UFC [Ultimate Fighting Championship] match. I prepare every game the same way. I expect to fight every night. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some.

As for Boudreau ...

"The fact that he is wasting his time and energy to talk about me and something like that ..
. For him to dig up something like that, I dont know, Cote said.
Have to love Cote.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.