HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stevens Interview anyone???

Old
01-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 50
Stevens Interview anyone???

So over on Eklunds site Timmy P had some blips from the interview this morning with our Coach and he was really pissed off at what coach Boudreau had to say about our team.

Does anyone happen to have both of the interviews on video or on paper in full?
Thanks in advance for any material from the interviews.

all in all tonite could end up being a very rough and hated game that will feul these teams creating a rivalry if this keeps up which i would love to see.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:12 PM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
So over on Eklunds site Timmy P had some blips from the interview this morning with our Coach and he was really pissed off at what coach Boudreau had to say about our team.

Does anyone happen to have both of the interviews on video or on paper in full?
Thanks in advance for any material from the interviews.

all in all tonite could end up being a very rough and hated game that will feul these teams creating a rivalry if this keeps up which i would love to see.
This may be just a fun game to watch. I too would like the see this interview.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Mike Richards 18

http://capitals.nhl.tv/team/console....9957&catid=418

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...at_Flyers.html

Old
01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Boudreau is a great coach, but a whiny *****.

I don't put too much stock in Stevens' coaching ability, but he handled this well.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:31 PM
BerubeBox*

I'd rather he didn't even address it. Let that ***** wallow in his adolescent, hasnt-gotten-laid yet bitterness.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:45 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Go cry some more
&i'm sorry we scored more goals than you, and out shot you.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:51 PM
frenchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Go cry some more
&i'm sorry we scored more goals than you, and out shot you.
No, they outshot us(26-5 in the 1st period, or something like that).

frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 05:54 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
No, they outshot us(26-5 in the 1st period, or something like that).
lol yeah they outshot the **** out of us. I think it was something like 48-20.

No wonder he's so mad. I'm sooorrry I aate your fish! Um, I mean I'm sooorry our goalie stood on his head!

Old
01-06-2009, 06:04 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
I'd rather he didn't even address it. Let that ***** wallow in his adolescent, hasnt-gotten-laid yet bitterness.
Well, to be fair...he didn't really address it. It may have taken him a lot of words to do so, but for the most part, he addressed it by basically stating that he had no interest in addressing it.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Mike Richards 18

Riley Cote had this to say tonight about Caps' coach Bruce Boudreau's earlier comments:

“We won the last game," he said. "It’s a team game. You get a couple fights, you win some, you lose some. Brashear is a tough guy, no question. I don’t feel bad. I did my job.

“I will be the first to tell you I got my ass kicked. Big deal. I really don’t care. I got right back up and fought him again.

“It’s hockey, not a UFC [Ultimate Fighting Championship] match. I prepare every game the same way. I expect to fight every night. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some.”

As for Boudreau ...

"The fact that he is wasting his time and energy to talk about me and something like that ..
. For him to dig up something like that, I don’t know,” Cote said.

WASHINGTON _ Mount Stevens erupted this morning at Verizon Center.

John Stevens did not like our line of questioning about his reaction to some of Bruce Boudreau's comments concerning the Caps' 7-1 embarrassment at the Flyers' hands on Dec. 20.

He didn't like what Boudreau had to say about Riley Cote, either. When we pressed him on Boudreau's comments of this week about "what goes around", Stevens went off.

“You know what? You guys can take this Boudreau stuff and you can take it somewhere else,” Stevens said, clearly angry. “I’m not getting drawn into tit-for-tat stuff. I don’t know where this is going.

“Bruce coaches the Washington Capitals. I don’t care what he says. I got my team to get ready here. This is obviously, an important game, a hard game, I don’t care what he said to be honest with you. He can say what he wants. Our team plays the way we play. We’re a stand-up honest hockey team. He can say that stuff for the media outside of me because I don’t care to hear it.”

Old
01-06-2009, 06:13 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Well, to be fair...he didn't really address it. It may have taken him a lot of words to do so, but for the most part, he addressed it by basically stating that he had no interest in addressing it.
I guess I should have watched the video. Rock on johnny! thumbsup

Old
01-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
Riley Cote had this to say tonight about Caps' coach Bruce Boudreau's earlier comments:

“We won the last game," he said. "It’s a team game. You get a couple fights, you win some, you lose some. Brashear is a tough guy, no question. I don’t feel bad. I did my job.

“I will be the first to tell you I got my ass kicked. Big deal. I really don’t care. I got right back up and fought him again.

“It’s hockey, not a UFC [Ultimate Fighting Championship] match. I prepare every game the same way. I expect to fight every night. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some.”

As for Boudreau ...

"The fact that he is wasting his time and energy to talk about me and something like that ..
. For him to dig up something like that, I don’t know,” Cote said.

WASHINGTON _ Mount Stevens erupted this morning at Verizon Center.

John Stevens did not like our line of questioning about his reaction to some of Bruce Boudreau's comments concerning the Caps' 7-1 embarrassment at the Flyers' hands on Dec. 20.

He didn't like what Boudreau had to say about Riley Cote, either. When we pressed him on Boudreau's comments of this week about "what goes around", Stevens went off.

“You know what? You guys can take this Boudreau stuff and you can take it somewhere else,” Stevens said, clearly angry. “I’m not getting drawn into tit-for-tat stuff. I don’t know where this is going.

“Bruce coaches the Washington Capitals. I don’t care what he says. I got my team to get ready here. This is obviously, an important game, a hard game, I don’t care what he said to be honest with you. He can say what he wants. Our team plays the way we play. We’re a stand-up honest hockey team. He can say that stuff for the media outside of me because I don’t care to hear it.”
Kudos to John Stevens. As much as he gets thrown under the bus for the X's and O's on here, he does a tremendous job of handling this kind of crap. You know the media wanted to turn this into a verbal war between coaches and create a rivalry, but he saw what was going on and answered perfectly.

As for Boudreau, it's funny how he forgets his 10-2 rout of the Spoked B's last season...

Ryanoceros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

From the same Tim B entry on hockeybuzz:

Quote:

We won the last game," he said. "Its a team game. You get a couple fights, you win some, you lose some. Brashear is a tough guy, no question. I dont feel bad. I did my job.

I will be the first to tell you I got my ass kicked. Big deal. I really dont care. I got right back up and fought him again.

Its hockey, not a UFC [Ultimate Fighting Championship] match. I prepare every game the same way. I expect to fight every night. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some.

As for Boudreau ...

. For him to dig up something like that, I dont know, Cote said.
Have to love Cote.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote