HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pascal Leclaire

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2009, 09:51 PM
  #1
BlackTuuk
 
BlackTuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Pascal Leclaire

Pascal Leclaire for Jones and Lupul (when everyone is healthy): overpayment?

Young, talented, and the BJs have a guy called Mason. But as both are cheap, it may make little sense to move the solid backup.
Maybe Leclaire was the product of Hitch's system (too much credit to Hitch?)?


Before you laugh, remember that my crystal ball has predicted the return of Jim Vandy (bust, but still) and Ossi Vannanen.

BlackTuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:00 PM
  #2
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTuuk View Post
Pascal Leclaire for Jones and Lupul (when everyone is healthy): overpayment?

Young, talented, and the BJs have a guy called Mason. But as both are cheap, it may make little sense to move the solid backup.
Maybe Leclaire was the product of Hitch's system (too much credit to Hitch?)?


Before you laugh, remember that my crystal ball has predicted the return of Jim Vandy (bust, but still) and Ossi Vannanen.
you would have to include Niitty in that trade. It certainly dumps more than enough salary for us. Id hate to see Lupul go, but I kinda like that deal as it looks.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:04 PM
  #3
BlackTuuk
 
BlackTuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
you would have to include Niitty in that trade. It certainly dumps more than enough salary for us. Id hate to see Lupul go, but I kinda like that deal as it looks.
Sign Nitty (Biron if you are a Marty fan and can work a deal south of 3.8M) for cheap, get Leclaire in the trade and problems solved!

BlackTuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:07 PM
  #4
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,348
vCash: 500
Not sold at ALL on Leclaire being more than a tiny bit better than Biron or Nitty.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:08 PM
  #5
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTuuk View Post
Sign Nitty (Biron if you are a Marty fan and can work a deal south of 3.8M) for cheap, get Leclaire in the trade and problems solved!
I mean right now we would have 3 goalies. Marty I beleive has a NTC, unless he agrees to go, throw him in. Im not opposed to the original deal though, its just gonna be hard to manage 3 NHL goalies lol.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:11 PM
  #6
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular
 
claude boivin lives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Not sold at ALL on Leclaire being more than a tiny bit better than Biron or Nitty.
Yep, but the grass is alwaaays greener.

So much greener in fact, that it is apparently in this case worth dealing Lupul, Jones, and Biron or Niitty. Hilarious.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:14 PM
  #7
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Not sold at ALL on Leclaire being more than a tiny bit better than Biron or Nitty.
Me neither. In fact I'd take Biron in a heartbeat and laugh at all the leclaire cheerleaders.

Not only has leclaire not proven that he can win in the playoffs (like biron has), has hasn't even proven he can win, period.

He's just another Lehtonen.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:14 PM
  #8
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTuuk View Post
Pascal Leclaire for Jones and Lupul (when everyone is healthy): overpayment?

Young, talented, and the BJs have a guy called Mason. But as both are cheap, it may make little sense to move the solid backup.
Maybe Leclaire was the product of Hitch's system (too much credit to Hitch?)?


Before you laugh, remember that my crystal ball has predicted the return of Jim Vandy (bust, but still) and Ossi Vannanen.
Heh.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
  #9
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Yep, but the grass is alwaaays greener.

So much greener in fact, that it is apparently in this case worth dealing Lupul, Jones, and Biron or Niitty. Hilarious.
I just want to get rid of Jones. Id take a bag of air back for him. i dont think the goalies here are terrible, but id take the gamble on LeClaire, as a backup to start with.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
  #10
BlackTuuk
 
BlackTuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
Me neither. In fact I'd take Biron in a heartbeat and laugh at all the leclaire cheerleaders.

Not only has leclaire not proven that he can win in the playoffs (like biron has), has hasn't even proven he can win, period.

He's just another Lehtonen.
Woah. That bad? You have that low an opinion of him? The scouts really goofed, then. Dissent, if you must, but this is a decent line.
GP GA GAA W L
NHL 54 2 2 2986 112 3 9 2.25 24 17 6 1267 0.919 <SP

BlackTuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:33 PM
  #11
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTuuk View Post
Woah. That bad? You have that low an opinion of him? The scouts really goofed, then.
The scouts have been wrong trillions of times. I could be wrong too, but goalies are weird. They're so weird that trading for an unproven one is almost always a disasterous idea. How many goalies were the **** for a year or three and then faded into oblivion?

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:34 PM
  #12
BlackTuuk
 
BlackTuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
I just want to get rid of Jones. Id take a bag of air back for him. i dont think the goalies here are terrible, but id take the gamble on LeClaire, as a backup to start with.
My sentiments mirror this. I don't know how valuable LeClaire is in the eyes of the BJs (insert Bevis laugh).

BlackTuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:39 PM
  #13
BlackTuuk
 
BlackTuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
The scouts have been wrong trillions of times. I could be wrong too, but goalies are weird. They're so weird that trading for an unproven one is almost always a disasterous idea. How many goalies were the **** for a year or three and then faded into oblivion?
That is the thing. Goalies drafted extremely high is somewhat a rarity (less so in the modern NHL, but they aren't a group drafted in the fashion the scorers are drafted). The first goalie drafted 1 overall was RD, if my memory is correct.

BlackTuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:43 PM
  #14
mja
Negative Creep
 
mja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
Why exactly are people so intent on dumping Lupul for next to nothing?

The guy's been a PPG player for the last month.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:45 PM
  #15
mja
Negative Creep
 
mja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTuuk View Post
Woah. That bad? You have that low an opinion of him? The scouts really goofed, then. Dissent, if you must, but this is a decent line.
GP GA GAA W L
NHL 54 2 2 2986 112 3 9 2.25 24 17 6 1267 0.919 <SP
For a Hitchcock team.

Leclaire isn't even clearly on the same level as Biron or Niittymaki. He might be, he might not be. He might be better, he might not be. He's not sure thing, and defintely nothing to trade 3 roster players for.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:52 PM
  #16
BlackTuuk
 
BlackTuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Why exactly are people so intent on dumping Lupul for next to nothing?

The guy's been a PPG player for the last month.
We have a gaggle of capable forwards and the cap looks like it is going to be a problem. With Briere's outrageous K, a rookie max K for a good player is better than paying 4 mil for an Umberger.

BlackTuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:52 PM
  #17
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTuuk View Post
We have a gaggle of capable forwards and the cap looks like it is going to be a problem. With Briere's outrageous K, a rookie max K for a good player is better than paying 4 mil for an Umberger.
That doesn't mean you move him as if he has no value.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:53 PM
  #18
BlackTuuk
 
BlackTuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
For a Hitchcock team.

Leclaire isn't even clearly on the same level as Biron or Niittymaki. He might be, he might not be. He might be better, he might not be. He's not sure thing, and defintely nothing to trade 3 roster players for.
Yeah, but freeing up that money could be a good thing. As I understand it, the Flyers have no idea how they are going to hold on to Nitty, Biron, and Knuble.

BlackTuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:54 PM
  #19
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Why exactly are people so intent on dumping Lupul for next to nothing?

The guy's been a PPG player for the last month.
Because his salary's due to skyrocket next year and we have other players like him coming up.

For the record though, I'd hate to see him go. If we lose him I'll really ramp up my rage against the commie salary cap.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:56 PM
  #20
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Why exactly are people so intent on dumping Lupul for next to nothing?

The guy's been a PPG player for the last month.
Exactly, then when he returns he wont do anything for a month, then he will be hot for a month, then he will be cold, and continue that pattern.... He the most likely casualty for we have players that can fill in for him.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:03 PM
  #21
mja
Negative Creep
 
mja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
Because his salary's due to skyrocket next year and we have other players like him coming up.

For the record though, I'd hate to see him go. If we lose him I'll really ramp up my rage against the commie salary cap.
If we need to deal him for cap reasons for next season, we can do that AFTER the season.

No need to have him be part of a PACKAGE for Pascal freaking Leclaire.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
  #22
mja
Negative Creep
 
mja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Exactly, then when he returns he wont do anything for a month, then he will be hot for a month, then he will be cold, and continue that pattern.... He the most likely casualty for we have players that can fill in for him.
All he's done since being put with Carter is put up a PPG, something he was able to do last season when given steady minutes with Richards.

All snipers are streaky, that's just part of it. He can be an extremely valuable player, he has real trade value, and there's no rush to move him. His raise doesn't go into effect until next season.

I just don't get people wanting to move a guy who should be able to score 25-30 goals a season for years for next to nothing. I just don't get it. It's the same thing with Briere.

I understand we have cap issues, but we don't deal with that by getting rid of PPG players for mediocre goalies.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 12:43 AM
  #23
Richyrich
Registered User
 
Richyrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTuuk View Post
Woah. That bad? You have that low an opinion of him? The scouts really goofed, then. Dissent, if you must, but this is a decent line.
GP GA GAA W L
NHL 54 2 2 2986 112 3 9 2.25 24 17 6 1267 0.919 <SP
Just to play devils advocate (and mind you, I've been in support of a trade to get leclaire since he's started getting replaced by Mason). But Martin Biron had very very similar stats last year


http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/stats?playerId=72

proof

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 12:48 AM
  #24
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,017
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Not sold at ALL on Leclaire being more than a tiny bit better than Biron or Nitty.
and he always seems to have injury issues.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 12:51 AM
  #25
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Not sold at ALL on Leclaire being more than a tiny bit better than Biron or Nitty.
I completely agree. I think we should look for someone who would be a definite upgrade.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.