HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#40 -- Flyers at Capitals -- January 6, 2009 -- 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
01-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
But Ovechkin was trying to obliterate Jeff Carter, and it would have been a clean hit had he made contact except for he fact that he launched himself like a rocket.

He just needs to keep his feet on the ice.
Hey Steve downie's hit on Mcammond would of been totally clean if he had not skated the length of the ice and launched himself like a rocket.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 03:45 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I'm actually pleasantly surprised with Sbisa on offense. I know he hasn't done too much, but you can see he has the potential there. He's snakebit right now, but I'm confident the floodgates will open eventually. Not saying he'll be putting up mad goals, just that he'll be a nice offensive touch one day.
Me, too. Good skills, tough kid, good player, nice to have that option when your squad's all beaten up.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Brophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Hey Steve downie's hit on Mcammond would of been totally clean if he had not skated the length of the ice and launched himself like a rocket.

best answear yet.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I'm actually pleasantly surprised with Sbisa on offense. I know he hasn't done too much, but you can see he has the potential there. He's snakebit right now, but I'm confident the floodgates will open eventually. Not saying he'll be putting up mad goals, just that he'll be a nice offensive touch one day.
You don't learn to be a defenseman playing forward. Defense is very very hard...and he should be practicing that if that's what he's going to be (which is what he's going to be).

He also gets absolutely demolished every single night out there...it's only a matter of time before he suffers a significant injury from one of these hits he keeps taking.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
TOCxNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You don't learn to be a defenseman playing forward. Defense is very very hard...and he should be practicing that if that's what he's going to be (which is what he's going to be).

He also gets absolutely demolished every single night out there...it's only a matter of time before he suffers a significant injury from one of these hits he keeps taking.
Totally agree...I'm very surprised he hasn't been injured yet.

Also, I can't help but feeling we are just wasting this kid at forward. I mean, I didn't mind him staying up with the team if he was going to actually be played....IN HIS POSITION. I have to think this is going to hault his growth at defense.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
bgroban

What's all the whining about?

Did Carter get hurt? No.
Did Ovechkin get hurt? No.

Ovy plays an aggressive game... sometimes a little too aggressive. We all know this. Crying about an injury that never happened last night is worthless - do you think Ovy is going to read your "notes" and change his game?

Move on.

bgroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Amateur Hour

Sigh. Ovechkin was looking to lay out the player going for the puck, who just happened to be Carter. I have absolutely no problem with the attempt, I'm just thankful Jeff was able to allude it. If that was a Flyer performing the same act, we would have gone nuts with glee and adulation, and everybody here knows it.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoowa View Post
Is this serious? Ovechkin was trying to destroy Carter, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that considering this is hockey. I'm a little confused as to why Caps fans are on this board...
Because there is a maximum of five on theirs at any given time? I can't blame the regulars for looking around the boards.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 05:47 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgroban View Post
What's all the whining about?

Did Carter get hurt? No.
Did Ovechkin get hurt? No.

Ovy plays an aggressive game... sometimes a little too aggressive. We all know this. Crying about an injury that never happened last night is worthless - do you think Ovy is going to read your "notes" and change his game?

Move on.
I see practically no "crying" whatsoever in this thread.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 05:48 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Sigh. Ovechkin was looking to lay out the player going for the puck, who just happened to be Carter. I have absolutely no problem with the attempt, I'm just thankful Jeff was able to allude it. If that was a Flyer performing the same act, we would have gone nuts with glee and adulation, and everybody here knows it.
Yep.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 06:19 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
Also, I can't help but feeling we are just wasting this kid at forward. I mean, I didn't mind him staying up with the team if he was going to actually be played....IN HIS POSITION. I have to think this is going to hault his growth at defense.
As compared to what? Back at Junior??

I bet he is having the time of his life and loving every second of it.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 07:00 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
As compared to what? Back at Junior??

I bet he is having the time of his life and loving every second of it.
Just think. If he were sent back to juniors, he'd be the richest kid on the Lethbridge Hurricanes..... or at least the most independently wealthy kid on the team.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 07:09 PM
FeedDaPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Dude, you have GOT to be kidding me. You are reaching Jaded Fan/Sidney Crosby level absurdity here.

I love Ovechkin as a player. Most Philly fans do. But Ovechkin was trying to obliterate Jeff Carter, and it would have been a clean hit had he made contact except for he fact that he launched himself like a rocket.

He just needs to keep his feet on the ice.
I actually agree with the Caps fan - Ovie launched himself AFTER he realized that Carter is avoiding the hit. Knee on knee could have actually destroyed Ovie's knee too. Clean hard hit attempt. Headhunting? Hell yea! I am totally OK with it. Ovie better watch out next game - that's all...

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 07:12 PM
FeedDaPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdemz View Post
How long until he gets knocked out!

Thank God Carter ducked that check and was able to finish his dance routine!
Dude, what r u - a Pens fan???? STOP embarrassing the orange and black. Scared - get a dog!

Forget Ovie - I wonder when will Cindy get knocked out? or knocked up...

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

I'm not saying leave him there. Just making the point that for the few games he's played offense, he's done a decent job. That is all.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote