HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Maxim Trunev webcast

Old
01-07-2009, 05:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Maxim Trunev webcast

To anyone interested, I found this game from the other day, but it's playing really choppy for me, perhaps you will have better luck.

http://video.sportbox.ru/VidySporta/...amominsk/basic

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 05:56 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
To anyone interested, I found this game from the other day, but it's playing really choppy for me, perhaps you will have better luck.

http://video.sportbox.ru/VidySporta/...amominsk/basic
how has he been, Montreal? I know you're the guy to ask when it comes to prospects.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 08:07 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Well, he scored his 4th of the season.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
how has he been, Montreal? I know you're the guy to ask when it comes to prospects.
Just watched him....as I'm watching the Habs, kinda fast forward to get all of his shifts so I might have missed a few. But things that strikes me:

1- Impressive feet, sharp turns, skate pretty fast, so an overall great skater
2- Impressive stick handling and puck release. Wrist shot is good.
3- Not so impressive defensive work, 1 shift there which he didn't put much effort there and looked a little lost and not that dynamic.....so work to do on the defensive side of the game....and probably a lot
4- But pretty dynamic in the offensive zone, not really in love with the traffic, but not necessarily afraid of it, but clearly if you had to choose between perimeter or not, you would have the tendancy to say more of a perimeter player....but again, that might be too harsh.
5- Looked tiny out there. Some bulking to do, but compared to most KHL guys...he's young.....and guess what.....he actually is. So that's not a problem, it will come with time but you do notice it.

So I guess it's an overall fine performance for a guy of his age. Great scoring chance in the 1st, pretty average 2nd, much better 3rd period where he was pretty dynamic in the offensive zone. But then realize that the kid seems to be playing on the 4th line and doesn't have any (or that's what I think I saw...) powerplays and penalty killings to play on. Even in the 3rd, his team winning 3-2, I don't think I saw a shift from him in the last 10 minutes, if so maybe just 1 shift.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 11:32 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just watched him....as I'm watching the Habs, kinda fast forward to get all of his shifts so I might have missed a few. But things that strikes me:

1- Impressive feet, sharp turns, skate pretty fast, so an overall great skater
2- Impressive stick handling and puck release. Wrist shot is good.
3- Not so impressive defensive work, 1 shift there which he didn't put much effort there and looked a little lost and not that dynamic.....so work to do on the defensive side of the game....and probably a lot
4- But pretty dynamic in the offensive zone, not really in love with the traffic, but not necessarily afraid of it, but clearly if you had to choose between perimeter or not, you would have the tendancy to say more of a perimeter player....but again, that might be too harsh.
5- Looked tiny out there. Some bulking to do, but compared to most KHL guys...he's young.....and guess what.....he actually is. So that's not a problem, it will come with time but you do notice it.

So I guess it's an overall fine performance for a guy of his age. Great scoring chance in the 1st, pretty average 2nd, much better 3rd period where he was pretty dynamic in the offensive zone. But then realize that the kid seems to be playing on the 4th line and doesn't have any (or that's what I think I saw...) powerplays and penalty killings to play on. Even in the 3rd, his team winning 3-2, I don't think I saw a shift from him in the last 10 minutes, if so maybe just 1 shift.
Thx for the report..

Is he eligible for the next WJC?

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 11:40 PM
EurOConnEcton

yea hes eligible for next years WGT
hopefully he will crack the roster

EurOConnEcton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 07:18 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I don't know that was the first full game I've seen from him and I didn't finish watching it since the Habs were on. He's the only prospect of ours I hadn't seen play a game yet. Looks to be a very good skater though with nice speed.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote