HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter to the Wing

Old
01-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
One thing I'd like to see from Carter is a little more discipline regarding line changes, especially on the PK. I understand he's a horse, but he has a tendency to stay on the ice after he gets it dumped in and ends up getting pinned in his own zone because he's tired. Watch Richards, it's usually one dump and change.
He does that and what I am wishing for and Frank J. Selke Trophy is between him and Pavel for next 8-10 years.

Of course takeaways is on Datsyuks side right now, Carter is not even close. Incredible how good Pavel is in that area.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 12:14 AM
billandsebastian

I'm alright with this as a temporary move while Lupul is out. Otherwise I see no reason to break up a great line once he's healthy

billandsebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 12:17 AM
ELab2

You don't move someone who is having a season like this. Put Briere on the wing if you want to stick Richards, Carter, and him on 2 lines.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 06:44 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
Carter has played on the wing before. They tried to put him at wing when Forsberg was here. Dont think it lasted though.
thanks for clearing that up. i could have sworn i remembered him playing wing for a bit. i'm way too young for alzheimers

but yeah, considering that richards's line is cold right now, breaking up our best scoring line is probably a bad idea.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote