HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steve Sullivan

Old
01-06-2009, 02:51 PM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
not that it really matters, but does anyone else think this is a ploy to a.) energize the team and b.) sell tickets while giving Sully his one last chance before he calls it quits?

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 02:57 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I wondered that but I have to think that Poile would have done some sort of shaking up, even if it wasnt a recall from Milwaukee, a long time ago unless he thought that Sully was going to come in and make some sort of difference

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 04:12 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
not that it really matters, but does anyone else think this is a ploy to a.) energize the team and b.) sell tickets while giving Sully his one last chance before he calls it quits?
Nope

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Hat's off to Sullivan for sticking through what had to have been an emotional and excrutiatingly frustrating 2 years.

I was listening to Hockey Night in Canada Radio on Sirius earlier and they talked to him for about 30 minutes. It was all very positive, but the one thing that bothered me was the fact that he said something to the effect of "the first real hit I take will be the true test". He mentioned how none of his teammates wanted to hit him very hard and knock him down, therefore, he hadn't felt a good, solid check in a while.

If I were a hardcore Nashville fan (and not just a guy who likes to see them do well), this would worry me. I mean, if he gets hammered by someone, it could be bad. So, should they be throwing some decent bodies at him in practice or should they wait until gametime to figure it out?

At any rate, he sounds like a fantastic guy and I wish him all the best. You gotta admire someone as determined as Sullivan.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:34 PM
nine_inch_fang

He's been knocked around a good bit just hasn't had the big hit that could cause injury to anyone.

That said....how many times does Sully get rocked anyway?? His head is always up and he's so shifty and quick that people don't really get a chance to line him up.

Old
01-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
He's been knocked around a good bit just hasn't had the big hit that could cause injury to anyone.

That said....how many times does Sully get rocked anyway?? His head is always up and he's so shifty and quick that people don't really get a chance to line him up.
Touche, but even the best players and most aware/cautious players get hit hard.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 08:32 AM
jstreet

no contact jersey?

also, has he lost a step in his shiftiness during the prolonged absence?

I was walking past a tv this morning and saw the news clip of Gnash presenting Weber with his all star jersey during a practice and I could have sworn that I saw Sully wearing the no contact jersey.

Take a look at the story on the front page of nashvillepredators.com you will see a lone jersey that is different that everybody elses in the picture. Is it the no contact jersey or just a maroon practice jersey, and if so does it mean anything? Sully is the only one wearing it.

Old
01-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I was walking past a tv this morning and saw the news clip of Gnash presenting Weber with his all star jersey during a practice and I could have sworn that I saw Sully wearing the no contact jersey.

Take a look at the story on the front page of nashvillepredators.com you will see a lone jersey that is different that everybody elses in the picture. Is it the no contact jersey or just a maroon practice jersey, and if so does it mean anything? Sully is the only one wearing it.
It is a maroon jersey he is wearing in that picture and simply means that he is not on a line for that day's practice, but instead is rotating through. Wouldn't doubt if Tootoo (the odd man out yesterday) wasn't wearing the same color, but was hidden in that gaggle of players.

As for the "no-contact" jersey, Sully hasn't worn that in going on two weeks. It is a bright, fire engine red jersey. The maroon jersey is a semi-regular at practices.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 10:29 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
It is a maroon jersey he is wearing in that picture and simply means that he is not on a line for that day's practice, but instead is rotating through. Wouldn't doubt if Tootoo (the odd man out yesterday) wasn't wearing the same color, but was hidden in that gaggle of players.

As for the "no-contact" jersey, Sully hasn't worn that in going on two weeks. It is a bright, fire engine red jersey. The maroon jersey is a semi-regular at practices.
that's what I was hoping to hear

Old
01-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

Woo! Sullivan!

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
His injury never really came from being hit though anyway, correct? I thought it was more of a musle issue that just took it's toll over time, and eventually made it hard for him to even skate. I'm not saying one big hit couldn't do it, but I worry more about him skating hard for a few weeks and the muscle in his back to start causing him problems again...hopefully though, it was a fluke and just took a really, really, really, really, really, really, really long time to get better.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 04:52 PM
nine_inch_fang

That extra year of "rehab" could really be considered more repair than rehab. Surgery was just the first step of repairing his back he then had to get his core muscle (that weren't injured) working properly to support the spine.

"Rehab" started in September when he started working out with the team trainers.

Stiffness won't be a problem....you have to be pretty limber to "shoot the duck" going backwards.

Old
01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Part of the reason this took so long was because he had two separate surgeries. After they determined the first one didn't work, they opened him up again. Essentially, the first surgery was a failure.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 06:49 PM
nine_inch_fang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Part of the reason this took so long was because he had two separate surgeries. After they determined the first one didn't work, they opened him up again. Essentially, the first surgery was a failure.
Or what I said.

Old
01-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Or what I said.
lol, sure man, what you said

Old
01-09-2009, 09:11 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
So who would you guys send down now?

Peverly - who is most definitely the odd man out
Pihlstrom - been in the right places and works out, but has had trouble in the results category
santorelli - looked nothing short of great in his first game. He was releasing the puck quick, his passes were on the persons tape, and he threw pucks at the net.
jones - one of the few who will crash the net and has been playing on our top PP unit

I say Pevs.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:13 AM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
So who would you guys send down now?

Peverly - who is most definitely the odd man out
Pihlstrom - been in the right places and works out, but has had trouble in the results category
santorelli - looked nothing short of great in his first game. He was releasing the puck quick, his passes were on the persons tape, and he threw pucks at the net.
jones - one of the few who will crash the net and has been playing on our top PP unit

I say Pevs.
Or Ward?

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
Or Ward?
Ward was great last night, I think it'd be Pevs.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:44 AM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Ward was great last night, I think it'd be Pevs.
"great" might be a bit overstated, but it's clear he is suited for a 3rd/4th line role at the NHL level and had no business on a scoring line. Peverly, on the other hand, must contribute offensively in order to earn a spot and has not done so to date. Santorelli should be given Peverly's spot, at least on a trial basis for the next several games

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Pihlstrom. He needs to work on his game more before taking the step to the big league. No point in risking losing Peverly to waivers when we can send Pilu down risk free. Although Pilu plays with more energy, they have been playing pretty equally. In fact, Peverly has outscored him since Pilu was brought up.

Old
01-09-2009, 01:12 PM
jstreet

and the winner is....PEVERLY

Old
01-09-2009, 01:13 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
and the winner is....PEVERLY
Shouldn't this be, the winner are the Nashville Predators and the loser is Peverly?

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Sabreality

Sabres fan here...just wanted to stop in and say congrats to Sully for all of his hard work to get back on the ice. always been a big fan of his game. heres hopin its a successful return

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
Sabres fan here...just wanted to stop in and say congrats to Sully for all of his hard work to get back on the ice. always been a big fan of his game. heres hopin its a successful return
I've heard that he really hasn't taken a huge hit in practice, so I don't know how long of a return its going to be, but we're all hoping the same thing

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I'm not really worried about Sully getting hit. Mainly because he is so shifty and small that no one CAN hit him. But also because it wasn't getting hit that made him sit out in the first place. It was pulling his groin trying to stay onsides!