HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

(#42): 1/7/2009 • Montréal Canadiens @ New York Rangers • 7:30pm • MSG (HD)

Old
01-08-2009, 12:42 PM
TomLaidlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I am. Playing first line C has more to do with stats then your winger production. Second line is more defensively inclined. Plus Renney plays them against better opponenet lines, since Betts line without Hollweg's physicallity is no longer a reliable shutdown option. As a result or such use (or misuse depending how you like it) Zherdev also not producing. But they don't get scored on. You cannot say the same about Gomez line, can you? In order for Dubi to score some goals, Renney should let them all play offense, but that could only be possible if defense with Henke are relaible. They are anything, but that so far. As soon as Lundqvist gets back, like he was in Oct., you will see Dubi scoring goals
So Dubi's production is directly related to wheter or not Henrik is playing well? Essentially your saying that Renney goes into the locker room and says " Ok guys, Henrik is in a slump, the first line is the only line allowed to play offense this game and take chances, the rest of you sit back and trap". You can't seriously believe this.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Fletch

tom - I think the notion is if Lundqvist is playing well, then the forwards play with more confidence, as well as are more aggressive and willing to take chances, and that leads to more goals for while not sacraficing goals against because they're not on eggshells trying to save Lundqvist's butt.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 12:58 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
tom - I think the notion is if Lundqvist is playing well, then the forwards play with more confidence, as well as are more aggressive and willing to take chances, and that leads to more goals for while not sacraficing goals against because they're not on eggshells trying to save Lundqvist's butt.
Fletch, that is a terrifying notion if true. If our forwards are thinking to themselves during a game " Henrik doesn't seem to have it tonight, I better not be as aggresive as I normally would be" we are in alot of trouble.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:49 PM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
Anybody see what happened in the stands last night during the 3rd period? It was only a couple sections up from me and I missed it. Pretty sure it was a fight, but I never saw anything.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Are there any posters left who believe that Jagr did not help Dubinsky's stats?

By the way, I still like Dubi and am hopeful that he has a better future than what he is currently displaying.
Dubinsky should be in Hartford...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
No this isnt about Messier, Leetch, or Richter.
Are you really gong to deny the FACT that Kovalev had a lot to do with the cup run?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 02:00 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbourn View Post
Anybody see what happened in the stands last night during the 3rd period? It was only a couple sections up from me and I missed it. Pretty sure it was a fight, but I never saw anything.
I was in 329, and a Habs fan in the section below wouldn't sit down, despite everyone screaming at him. There was an ******* chant and security came over to tell him to sit. Not sure if that's what you're thinking of.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 03:49 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
So Dubi's production is directly related to wheter or not Henrik is playing well? Essentially your saying that Renney goes into the locker room and says " Ok guys, Henrik is in a slump, the first line is the only line allowed to play offense this game and take chances, the rest of you sit back and trap". You can't seriously believe this.
Coaches rarely comment on other guys and never mention the goaltenders in their talk to the team and/or players individually. However it is their prime responsibility to prepare adequately to the game based on current team condition, including individual performances. That is called player management. Particular line assignments dictated by many factors, including defense/goal weaknesses that need to be addressed by it.
Playing defense is not "sitting back" or "trap". Forechecking is a defensive play, FYI, as any other action when puck is possessed by opponent. If you mostly consumed by responsibility to contain the attackers when they have the puck and simply try to keep the puck deep when you have it, the time for creativity is limited and you production will be down. Every hockey player pro or not knows what "Keep it Simple" means. I am sure that what Dubi and his line was told by Renney or his staff. Betts line doesn't need to hear the same the know it by default.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 03:57 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
No this isnt about Messier, Leetch, or Richter.
It's hard to take someone's opinions on Rangers hockey seriously if they don't believe that Kovalev was a MAJOR reason for that banner.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Fletch

a couple points for AK27 against the series-defining game against the Devils says it all, let alone 9 goals and 12 assists for the then just-turned-21 year old. For all the times he played with his head in his arse, the playoffs were never one of them, 1994 especially.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 04:24 PM
dbbourn

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I was in 329, and a Habs fan in the section below wouldn't sit down, despite everyone screaming at him. There was an ******* chant and security came over to tell him to sit. Not sure if that's what you're thinking of.
There were some obnoxious out of town fans there last night. Usually when I am the out of town fan I sit quietly and clap once or twice when my team scores... especially when I'm in Philly or MSG.

You may be talking about the same thing, but I was in section 309 and it was the section below me. Half the crowd was standing up to view this one.... and I saw nothing.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 04:30 PM
simnorm

I know who you're talking about, he was siting in 229 row E seat 1 and he was wearing a white habs jersey. I met the guy earlier before the game.

simnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Rust Heisenberg

lol there was a fight. i was in section 327 and sort of saw it sort of didnt. there was a habs fan who got beer thrown on him after they scored the 4th goal. then he caught the guy who threw it by the jersey. after that i cuoldnt see as ppl were running away or standing up to watch it but im sure a fight ensued as ppl were cheering. if that's what u mean.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:12 PM
trilobyte

Inferno, on your Rangers Review site, I am wondering why you didn't explicitly call out Gomez for the stick holding penalty he took. You wrote:
"I can’t think of a single player I wasnt happy with. Even Scott Gomez, who did not have a great game, didn’t play bad enough for me to want to murder him…though I dont understand why he shoots pucks into the chest of the goalie on odd man rushes…"

You are usually pretty thorough, and I find it hard to believe you would give him a pass on what was the THE worst penalty and biggest blow to the chance of a comeback.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:27 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
They troll ,they get laughed at and they get kicked out.

a pack of montreal fans actually came to a rangers vs LEAFS game at the garden and those ********** were thrown out aswell.
I don't get this one bit.
The Rangers have a waiting list for season tickets and have sold out MSG for a long time.
I can see the Debbies, Piles having some fans at MSG since they are nearby.
Maybe a few Flyer fans.
But I can not see an invasion of Montreal fans.
Pittsburgh sells out every game, and they have maybe some Montreal fans, enough to make noise, but hardly an invasion.

I can see some Montreal fans at MSG, but with the Rangers being sold out nightly, I doubt and would find it unexplainable for it to be an invasion.

I would think since MSG sells out nightly, that Montreal might easily invade the Debbies or the Piles, easily, but they would have FAR less at MSG.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:09 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blades212 View Post
I don't get this one bit.
The Rangers have a waiting list for season tickets and have sold out MSG for a long time.
I can see the Debbies, Piles having some fans at MSG since they are nearby.
Maybe a few Flyer fans.
But I can not see an invasion of Montreal fans.
Pittsburgh sells out every game, and they have maybe some Montreal fans, enough to make noise, but hardly an invasion.

I can see some Montreal fans at MSG, but with the Rangers being sold out nightly, I doubt and would find it unexplainable for it to be an invasion.

I would think since MSG sells out nightly, that Montreal might easily invade the Debbies or the Piles, easily, but they would have FAR less at MSG.
For one, more people are going to take a couple day road trip to NYC than Pittsburgh. Two, Stubhub & Ebay have a whole lot of tickets on sale. They're easy to come by if you're willing to pay a premium.

To tell you the truth, I actually thought there were less Canadiens fans this time than I saw last year when they were #1 pretty much all year.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote