HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

The Biggest Goal of Your Career

Old
12-24-2008, 10:37 AM
mazzinov

vCash: 500
I've got a few:

- scored 4 goals in the 3rd period, we were down 4-2 before my scoring binge. We ended up winning 6-4.

- down 3-1 in a tourney game. I scored on a backhand from the blueline to tie the game up. Then scored on another backhand in OT, and then did my best Theo Fleury OT celebration.

- 25 seconds left in the game, faceoff in our end. I lose the draw, and the puck goes right back to their D. I lose the centre and go straight to the d-man. I steal the puck from him, and have a breakaway. I deke the goalie out, slide the puck in with 15 second left to tie the game up. Funny part was after the game, my coach was upset because I didn't score on a previous breakaway from earlier in the game, LOL.

mazzinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 01:41 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Just curious, do you know why the goalie was going to the bench?

Awesome goal none the less. SNIPER!
Perhaps it was a tournament game and the other team needed to win to advance to the next stage (a tie not being enough), so they pulled the goalie. When I was 10 or 11 my team had to do that in a tournament, when were were up something like 6-1 in the game, because every period you won got you a point, and we needed to win the game plus win all three periods to advance, and we that particular third period was tied 1-1.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 07:49 PM
BabaSundin

my team was down 3-2 and i was one on one with a guy i deked him hardcore threw his stick and den i faked the goalie and backhanded it top corner, we ending up winning the game=D

BabaSundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

Not biggest but my favourite,

Team was down 7-2 with 5 minutes left, I win the puck forward skate through the defense and scored. I ended up getting 4 goals in 2 minutes before the ref gave me a penalty because when I deked a kid he fell over. The ref literally said "Sorry, no comeback for your team" With a big grin on his face.

Plebeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:17 PM
devsfan4life

I scored 4 goals for my high school team in the 1st round of the state tournament as a senior in high school. I got a hat trick in a 4 minute sequence in the 2nd period.

a deflection, a slapper, and a breakaway, then a power play goal in the 3rd.

We won 5-4

devsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 11:30 PM
glasgow26

i don't know if i have a biggest goal, but i definitely have a biggest game in which i scored several goals. it was 3 years ago so i was only 15, and it was the championship game of my house league. my team was stacked that year with a bunch of my friends who were my age, and the age group was 13-15 so we were at the upper end of the age limit. needless to say, we dominated the game with a team full of experienced 15 year olds against a team with mostly 13-14 year old kids (some of which were rookies). i scored 6 goals that game, my favorite of which was a give-and-go with my center (i play left wing) that i roofed top shelf, glove side. we ended up winning the championship game 8-3. there was also the game winner i scored in a shoot out the game before the championship, i did the triple deke from The Mighty Ducks (it works!) and scored 5-hole.

glasgow26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Tied 3-3 in the 3rd period, :30 seconds left. Semi finals, game 7 shorthanded. No goal's in playoffs. Dump the puck from blue line, take's funny bounce. Back of the net, I cele by doing the robot. We head to finals. Sadly to lose in 4 games.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 01:19 AM
wcb231*

Today.

I'm new to the game. I know the fundamental principles but I'm still learning to skate and play etc. My local rink has stick and puck Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I went to the Tuesday session a couple days ago and it was 4-on-4 empty nets, so those don't count. It's gotta be with a goalie. Well I was told by a dude who works there that the Friday sessions are a tad more competitive.

I show up this afternoon and there's 20 of us, including 2 goalies. It's go time. I get a couple of shifts in feeling out the competition. Me and another kid are forechecking behind the opponents goal and he forces the turnover along the half-wall. I set up shop in front of the net to the goalie's left. He fires the puck towards me and I'm like "oh please don't **** this up". I deflect it right past the goalie. My team won something like 8-3, and I had 3 goals and I was by far the newest/worst player there

wcb231* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 12:46 PM
nopan
we're here

Send a message via Skype™ to nopan
Pretty much the same thing as Letang58.

It was in the playoffs game 7. Overtime with around a minute left.
I was the leading scorer of my team and my coach wanted me on the ice for the final minute.
So I come on the ice, receive a tape-to-tape pass from my defenseman, went on a breakaway, got tripped by the oppposing team's defenseman. Ref gave the defenseman a penalty.

So it's a powerplay for us, I play right wing with a left shot. Around 10 seconds left, coach puts us on the ice, went in, shot it, BAM! Top shelf!

We won 5-4 and went on to the next round!

nopan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Red Dragon

A big under 20 tournament, it was the semi finals, we're down 5-4 in the dying minutes I scored to tie it at 5.4 seconds and on top of that I scored in the shootout and we won!!!!

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 10:20 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
A big under 20 tournament, it was the semi finals, we're down 5-4 in the dying minutes I scored to tie it at 5.4 seconds and on top of that I scored in the shootout and we won!!!!
What about that seems so pertinent?

I can't put my finger on it.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers

Two instances come to mind:

1) We were a small town team playing in a tournament full of teams from much larger towns/cities. We only entered the tournament to play higher competition and gear up for the provincial championships for towns population <1000. Through a combination of a hot goalie and playing a physical style that many "big city" kids were not used to we won all 5 games to make the finals and then reached overtime against the hometown favorites. A few minutes into the extra frame I deflected a point shot and jammed in the rebound to win the tournament and seal the big upset.

2) A few years later when I was in my final year of high school, I scored a natural hat trick in the 3rd period to cap a comeback from 2-4 to 5-4 and defeat our rivals in the regional championships. I was the hero of my town for that week, which lives and breathes hockey.

Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 04:42 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourettesGuy View Post
Tied 3-3 in the 3rd period, :30 seconds left. Semi finals, game 7 shorthanded. No goal's in playoffs. Dump the puck from blue line, take's funny bounce. Back of the net, I cele by doing the robot. We head to finals. Sadly to lose in 4 games.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
My first year playing roller hockey, I had an unbelievable day.

We played two games (eliminated after the 2nd). First game we won, 8-6. I had 1 goal, 2 assists. My favorite assist:

I'm center, taking the faceoff to the left of the goaltender. I win the draw back to my point man. He fires, goalie makes a routine glove save. Other pointman says to us, "Win it back to him again. He'll shoot low and score this time." So I do, and he scores. "I guess, if he's gonna give it to us, we're gonna take it."

Second game, I went Natty-Hatty, only for us to lose by one goal.

Fast forward to two years later - first game of the season:

I'm blowing down the left wing. Got a guy trying to defend me. Doing a pretty good job, until he falls over the blue line. I look over my shoulder and say, "You're ****ed"; then go forehand-backhand-forehand for a sweet goal.

Burgmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 02:39 AM
howley

I scored my favorite goal of my life TONIGHT! I was standing at the top of the crease and the puck was saucered to me out of the corner just above my knee's. It was behind me so I spun and batted it out of the hair on my backhand between my legs and into the net.

I couldn't believe it. Either could the ref...so he said no goal because of a kicking motion........................? What? Everyone on the ice was already lined up at centre and the linesman blew the whistle at the offside dot....mass confusion from everyone.

The goal ended up not counting but still, by far the nicest non goal I have ever scored.

howley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Knights11

my best came when i was playing for a midget A team and we played the local AAA team and we hung with them till the end with two minutes left i pulled a michigan (mike legg style) from behind the net to tie the game and win a lot of respect from alot of people.

Knights11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:18 PM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
College tournament....

Sergei Zubov from the point unstoppable - NHL '93

Won a case of beer.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:41 PM
The Face Pincher*

I only scored about 15 goals in the few seasons I played but the best goal I scored was from behind the net. Not the puck on stick move, I scored when I lost my edge some what behind the net and I passed the puck to the front of the net. It got caught in the feet of the defense and went into the net. I was so excited since I was a house player and I was playing summer hockey with mostly travel kids.

The Face Pincher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:55 PM
PrimeTimePlummer*

Send a message via AIM to PrimeTimePlummer*
The one that hit me in the junk and went in during intermural floor hockey.

PrimeTimePlummer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Ten

In the semi-final game of a tournament, team was making a come-back late. 3-2 when I took a high-sticking penalty, said I would score when I got out of the box. Stepped out, got a pass right away and walked in to the blue-line, let a slapshot go top shelf a la Yzerman to tie the game.

I scored the next one to win the game (eventually won the tournament), but that goal was by far the most "I can't believe that just happened" in my life.

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 02:30 PM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Just curious, do you know why the goalie was going to the bench?

Awesome goal none the less. SNIPER!
The coach wanted 6th skaters on ice apparently. Makes sense too. They outshot my team all day that day.

By the way, I was a goalie.

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote