HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Watcha Listnin To?

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Ive been on a post hardcore kick, listening to bands like Thursday, Underoath, Emery, stuff like that. Anyone here play an instument? Im well schooled in guitar and bass guitar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolinWithCosta View Post
I used to play drums. Also, are you going to Taste of Chaos? Thursday is headlining. They're my favorite band of all-time.
I love Thursday. Them and Saves the Day are way up on the list of my all-times. Underoath is pretty good too, but I'm still stuck on the first album. Newer ones didn't really do much for me. Sadly though, I'm a 60-70's rock child at heart. My dad raised me right.

I haven't seen Thursday in a while, I actually haven't been to a show of any kind since last summer, but I used to go to the holiday show they do up in Sayreville every year. Eventually just stopped going though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
The new Metallica cd was solid in my opinion, but not spectacular....of course anything would have sounded solid after that last piece of garbage.....I got into it for a while when I bought it but not much staying power for me, I havent put it back in since

I am a 30 year old male metalhead whose favorite bands are Iron Maiden/Black Sabbath/Dream Theater/Megadeth and I currently have the following in my car:

Paramore (I am addicted to Riot at the moment)
Kate Voegle
Christina Aguilera

Doubt I can say anything about yours, unless it is like Hanna Montana or the High School Musical soundtrack

I dont think there is anything in there that you could possible rip on....In fact I have most of them in my collection .....I dont particularly enjoy them all, especially 50 cent or JayZ (I dont like rap unless it is from the 80s) and Weezer, but love AC/DC, Queen and Paramore!!!!

I thought she meant the 2nd and 3rd bands on the list....I have heard of GG Alin, but not the other....

As for what I am listening to at the moment:

The aforementioned Paramore, Anberlin, Christina Aguilera, Prince (always in the rotation), Dream Theater (always in the rotation), Queen, the new Extreme and Tesla albums, our own Lauren Hart and a couple others....

I go through phases, for a couple months I will listen to nothing but extreme metal, and then I will go through a pop phase
I'm a chick, and sometimes I feel gay admitting to the **** I own haha. I can't knock on Christina though. That ***** can sing. And I have Paramore's album too, it just got too old, too quickly for me. I definitely appreciate the Prince. Love that crazy, weird noise making *******. My friend was actually gonna get me some book about him for Christmas hahah. But I seriously can put him on anytime and instantly be in a good mood. And to this day, that Dave Chapelle skit about him is still one of my most favortie things.

Old
01-08-2009, 10:33 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I love Thursday. Them and Saves the Day are way up on the list of my all-times. Underoath is pretty good too, but I'm still stuck on the first album. Newer ones didn't really do much for me. Sadly though, I'm a 60-70's rock child at heart. My dad raised me right.

I haven't seen Thursday in a while, I actually haven't been to a show of any kind since last summer, but I used to go to the holiday show they do up in Sayreville every year. Eventually just stopped going though.

I'm a chick, and sometimes I feel gay admitting to the **** I own haha. I can't knock on Christina though. That ***** can sing. And I have Paramore's album too, it just got too old, too quickly for me. I definitely appreciate the Prince. Love that crazy, weird noise making *******. My friend was actually gonna get me some book about him for Christmas hahah. But I seriously can put him on anytime and instantly be in a good mood. And to this day, that Dave Chapelle skit about him is still one of my most favortie things.
Yeah, that Chapelle skit was awesome....I didnt really watch him much, but saw some clips of that. Prince to this day is still the single best concert I have ever seen, and I have been to 300+ shows in the last 10-15 years....

I will admit listening to anyone....music is one thing that no one should be ashamed of, if you enjoy it and it does something for you than be proud of that......I will be the first to admit that I actually saw Nsync and subsequently Justin Timberlake in concert and enjoyed it

As for Paramore, I have just always had an appreciation for very well written, catchy pop music.....A lot of people bash mainstream pop, but to me someone who can write that catchy of a song that will appeal to the masses impresses me a hell of a lot more than some "genius" who has like 3000 fans....Add to that that they are teenagers writing those songs and it is even more impressive....Of course there are exceptions to this....Britney Spears and The Spice Girls being absolute complete garbage.

Old
01-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Kambo

Quote:
Yeah, that Chapelle skit was awesome....I didnt really watch him much, but saw some clips of that. Prince to this day is still the single best concert I have ever seen, and I have been to 300+ shows in the last 10-15 years....

I will admit listening to anyone....music is one thing that no one should be ashamed of, if you enjoy it and it does something for you than be proud of that......I will be the first to admit that I actually saw Nsync and subsequently Justin Timberlake in concert and enjoyed it

As for Paramore, I have just always had an appreciation for very well written, catchy pop music.....A lot of people bash mainstream pop, but to me someone who can write that catchy of a song that will appeal to the masses impresses me a hell of a lot more than some "genius" who has like 3000 fans....Add to that that they are teenagers writing those songs and it is even more impressive....Of course there are exceptions to this....Britney Spears and The Spice Girls being absolute complete garbage.
Oh man, I would love to see Prince in concert. Or New Kids, or Backstreet Boys, or Nsync for that matter . You got me beat in the cool concerts category haha.

As far as embarassing music goes, I'm not too ashamed to admit it. Like you said, if you like it, then appreciate it. As far as Britney goes, don't like her, but her music is catchy as hell. Not gonna run out and buy her album, but I can tolerate her. And that is total blasphemy on the Spice Girls man. Their the shizzle. Another concert I'm really pissed at missing. However, I'm not sure how many people on here are going to agree or disagree, but the biggest joke of an artist to me is Madonna. I don't get it. Never have, never will. She's ugly, can't sing, a total *****, and yet people still love her. I think there's about one song I have ever liked of hers and that's it. Way past her expiration date if you ask me.

Old
01-08-2009, 11:59 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
I can't even listen to R. Kelly's Ignition anymore without totally cracking up after the Dave Chappelle rendition.

Old
01-08-2009, 01:25 PM
ORYX

lately i listen mostly to Nas, Justin Timberlake, Timberland, Kanye etc.

Overall however i listen to that among:

RHCP
metallica
The beatles
Foo Fighters
The Killers
DJ Tiesto
Eminem
A little Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
GNR
The Offspring
Probot
Flobots
Rage Against the Machine
Drop Kick Murphy's
ACDC
The Blood Hound Gang
ETC....

Old
01-08-2009, 01:29 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Oh man, I would love to see Prince in concert. Or New Kids, or Backstreet Boys, or Nsync for that matter . You got me beat in the cool concerts category haha.

As far as embarassing music goes, I'm not too ashamed to admit it. Like you said, if you like it, then appreciate it. As far as Britney goes, don't like her, but her music is catchy as hell. Not gonna run out and buy her album, but I can tolerate her. And that is total blasphemy on the Spice Girls man. Their the shizzle. Another concert I'm really pissed at missing. However, I'm not sure how many people on here are going to agree or disagree, but the biggest joke of an artist to me is Madonna. I don't get it. Never have, never will. She's ugly, can't sing, a total *****, and yet people still love her. I think there's about one song I have ever liked of hers and that's it. Way past her expiration date if you ask me.
Madonna now I agree, but she proved that she was able to sing back in the day when she needed to and has made some of the greatest pop music of all time. I question your sanity of you accuse me of blasphemy on the Spice Girls but then attack Madonna

Anyway, a couple of Britney's songs are catchy, however, she just has absolutely no talent what so ever so it completely ruins it for me........Nsync/Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera actually sing live and contribute a lot more to the music and lyric writing than Britney has ever....She isnt even that great of a dancer....If I had one get out of jail free card it would be used to beat the living hell out of Britney Spears

Old
01-08-2009, 01:36 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

The Last 5...

Metallica-UnforgivenIII
Van Halen-Hot for Teacher
NIN-Only
Ludacris-Wish You Would
Tool-Undertow (Live from Berlin)

Old
01-08-2009, 01:57 PM
CoolinWithCosta

Quote:

Saves the Day just played a show in Vineland in November, which was amazing. I went to the Thursday Sayreville show last year and it was awesome. They played a lot off of Full Collapse which was great. My mom got me into 60's-70's rock when I was growing up too. All we would listen to in the car was 102.9 so I got used to it and now I love it.

Old
01-08-2009, 02:15 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Psh, don't lie. You listen to it because she's a hottie that wears Flyers gear.

Old
01-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Saves the Day just played a show in Vineland in November, which was amazing. I went to the Thursday Sayreville show last year and it was awesome. They played a lot off of Full Collapse which was great. My mom got me into 60's-70's rock when I was growing up too. All we would listen to in the car was 102.9 so I got used to it and now I love it.
I just haven't really been paying much attention to bands or shows for a while, so I don't know whose playing where or when. I've been dying for a good show lately though.
102.9 is just about the only thing I'll listen to on a regualer radio, aside from 104.5. I have Sirius though, and they have a handful of classic rock stations, so I normally listen to those.

Old
01-08-2009, 03:05 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
I was gonna go to that. My friends band opened up for them at that show though. I love STD though.

Old
01-08-2009, 06:25 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
the only metal band to successfully mix folk music into metal

(the verses are in Finnish just fyi)

Try Eluviete or Tyr

Old
01-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Corduroy

LL COOL J -- Bad

Old
01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Silence.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.........

Old
01-08-2009, 06:43 PM
BringBackStevens

Raised Fist - Dedication

sooooooooo good

Old
01-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Corduroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Raised Fist - Dedication

sooooooooo good

Pixies -- Tony's Theme

Old
01-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Corduroy

Wilds feed on Center Ice

Old
01-08-2009, 10:53 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
You've never heard of Led Zeppelin II or Led Zeppelin III? They're absolutely dynamite albums.
No, I meant I never heard the first two on your list. When I bolded Zep, I meant that they were great picks.

Quote:
As for the Van Halen albums, I loved Fair Warning and Diver Down. I always thought that they were underrated albums.
Diver Down is not my favorite, although Cathedral is probably my favorite of all of Eddie's solos and "Little Guitars" is probably in my top 5 favorite VH tunes. As for Fair Warning, excellent, excellent album (yes, I said album) and totally underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
I can't even listen to R. Kelly's Ignition anymore without totally cracking up after the Dave Chappelle rendition.
I hate that type of music, but I positively love that song.

Old
01-09-2009, 12:27 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'm getting into a Beatle stage now..Yeah i love these guys even though their music is?? 40+ years older than me. I grew up listening to these guys thanks to my parents. You gotta stick to the roots of rock!

Old
01-09-2009, 04:05 AM
qwertysac

Currently playing: hyper - we control

Old
01-09-2009, 08:52 AM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I'm getting into a Beatle stage now..Yeah i love these guys even though their music is?? 40+ years older than me. I grew up listening to these guys thanks to my parents. You gotta stick to the roots of rock!
Paul McCartney puts on a great concert, saw him 2 years ago.

Old
01-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Miracle80

Send a message via AIM to Miracle80
Listening to the new Metallica, total redemption from that last POS album. Also, listening to Machinehead, or Machine Head, or whatever they are. This guy at work burned me a disc of their **** and I totally dug it.
I have been returning to my past love of Zeppelin, I'm back into all things Zeppelin. Just timeless IMHO.
My IPOD would flip you all out, more than the "gay" guy.

Old
01-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Ok, not as bad as Britney Spears, but here is some of what I listen to, if not all. Some you will like some you most likely will not.

ACDC
All American Rejects
BB King
Aretha Franklin
John Mayer
Jack Johnson
James Morrison
Michael Buble
Bee Gees
Billy Joel
Black Crowes
Black Tide
Blues Traveler
Beastie Boys
Bob Marley
Clapton
G Love
Jamie Cullum
Luda
Linkin Park
Jay Z
TI
Ne-Yo
Lil Wayne
Paramore
Queen
Simon and Garfunkel
SRV
Weezer
50 Cent
Joe Cocker
Foo Fighters

Thats about it. Start trashing. But I warned you you wouldn't like most of it and call me a homo, so Im just waiting for it.
unfortunately, the bolded artists are favored by folks with "alternative" lifestyles.

Old
01-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Opus

This time around, I'll provide you with the lyrics...

I caught the moon today
Pick it up
And throw it away all right
I got the perfect steal
A cleaner love
With a dirty feel all right
Fallout and take the bait
Eat the fruit
And kiss the snake goodnight
Common ruse dirty face
Pretty noose is pretty hate
And I dont like
What you got me hanging from
Let your motor race
Pick it up
And get this mother gone
Out from and far away
The wooden stake
This thing has got me on
Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I dont like
What you got me hanging from
I dont care what you got
I dont care what you need
I dont want anything
And I dont like what
You got me hanging from

Old
01-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Miracle80

Send a message via AIM to Miracle80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
unfortunately, the bolded artists are favored by folks with "alternative" lifestyles.
Don't lump Queen fans in with "alterantive lifestyles". We all know that Freddy was gay but he sang some great tunes. I'm not gay, my brothers not gay, my parents aren't gay and we all love Queen.

Closed Thread