HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kovy's Got His Pacioretty Smile On

Old
01-08-2009, 11:28 PM
GoldenForum

vCash: 500
Kovy's Got His Pacioretty Smile On

Since MaxPac has come up there's been a few quotes by Kovy and Max about their interaction/communication between each other. Pac grew up idolizing the Rangers and really loved Kovy and his skill. Kovy talking it up about Max and how cool it is to be that young...On Kovy's goal yesterday against Rangers, Max mentioned that Kovy had told him earlier where to position himself on clear ins against Lundqvist. Tonight after Max scores, Kovy approaches the pile of celebrating Habs with a great grin directed towards Pac. To see it, go to nhl.com and go to game highlights and watch (it comes towards the end of the clip).

Very cool to watch the two. Kovy looks like he's got the bounce back in his step, including some of that sublime zen artiste confidence that he can exude.

The Habs go as far as the Smiling Kovy takes them.

Go Habs Go!

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:30 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Young kids do this all the time.
They light a fire when the come up.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
Since MaxPac has come up there's been a few quotes by Kovy and Max about their interaction/communication between each other. Pac grew up idolizing the Rangers and really loved Kovy and his skill. Kovy talking it up about Max and how cool it is to be that young...On Kovy's goal yesterday against Rangers, Max mentioned that Kovy had told him earlier where to position himself on clear ins against Lundqvist. Tonight after Max scores, Kovy approaches the pile of celebrating Habs with a great grin directed towards Pac. To see it, go to nhl.com and go to game highlights and watch (it comes towards the end of the clip).

Very cool to watch the two. Kovy looks like he's got the bounce back in his step, including some of that sublime zen artiste confidence that he can exude.

Go Habs Go!
I must admit that Pactioretti is doing surprisingly well with Kovalev, more so than Andrei who is no slouch, but Pacs seems to go to the net more while AK is a perimiter guy that likes to see people in front of him.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Young kids do this all the time.
They light a fire when the come up.
Yea D'agostini did.. Now he's playing a la Higgins lol

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:48 PM
MisterTrep

So far they've been really good. We are lucky to have all these kids coming up for us. Max Pac is so good already.

I don't want to go off topic on this but with the recent success of our young prospect with the big club, I wanna talk about the depth of the team.

people kind of knew about our team depth while preparing for this season. I mean, a competitive training camp and a stacked AHL team is a good sign of depth. But it's nice to see it right under our eyes for the first time.

Kovy's line is clicking, Lapierre's line is red hot and Lang's playing like a young gun with the Kostitsyn brothers.

Keep in mind we have a whole line of injured players. a top goon and a NHL ready offensive winger in Matt D'agostini. Chipchura improved his game alot too.

Dear Mr. Bettman, Can Montreal play 5 lines for their centenial year ? Pleazzze !!!

MisterTrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:04 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

loving him on Kovy's line

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:29 AM
muzion

He's got great hockey sense, is a good passer and wants to play with no 27 so he's a great fit with Kovy. It's funny to me how he's already had a greater amount of good shifts with him than Higgins. It always seemed to me no 21 didn't want to play with Kovalev, you could tell by his demeanour. He didn't try as hard and things didn't mesh.

Kovalev is a very hard player to play with and now we've finally found somebody who's a 100% comfortable to play on his left (I'm a big AK46 fan and I still can't believe it actually worked last year). I was against re-signing Kovalev but now I'd reconsider my position; I wouldn't mind signing him for 2 years.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Quagmier

There has definitely been some noticeable chemistry between Kovalev and Pacioretty, which has rubbed off on Plekanec who seems to be finding a little spark from last year.

Better yet has been the chemistry found between Lang and the Kostitsyn brothers. With those 2 lines, and the suddenly amazing Lapierre-Lats-Kostopolous line firing on all cylinders, its been a real treat to watch what this team can actually do when its offense is operating at (near) capacity.

Can't believe this is being done with Tanguay, Higgins and Koivu out of the lineup...and I would imagine inserting them into the lineup as a "4th line" until they get their legs back will only make us a more dangerous team.

If everybody is healthy come playoff time...having D'Agostini, Chipchura and Begin as the 3 extra forwards will make us a scary deep offensive team...that or we can now afford to make a move for another top 4 dman.

Quagmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:18 AM
totalrecall

what happens if everybody gets healthy?

Somebody has to go down

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:28 AM
curtisl1982

I thought Pacioretty's favorite player was or still is jed ortmeyer

curtisl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 05:11 AM
HellasLEAF
Bring back Killer

the goal he scored today was a confident goal. that looked like the Kovalev of last season.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:43 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
what happens if everybody gets healthy?

Somebody has to go down
Pacioretty will cool off, just like D'Agoustini did, so it will be easy then.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
the goal he scored today was a confident goal. that looked like the Kovalev of last season.
That was one sick shot.Looking at the replay from the angle behind the net you don't even see that opening on the top right corner side.Starting to play at his level and doing it so at a right time,hopefully he took 2 months off cause he knows he's going to be doing this til June this year

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:

Go Habs Go!
Cmon stop the teasing and I'm to f?%$ lazy

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:01 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I love this Kovy Pacio complex. Its like the Master Apprentice. Gets me all choked up. Just imagine what Kovy can teach him.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
I love this Kovy Pacio complex. Its like the Master Apprentice. Gets me all choked up. Just imagine what Kovy can teach him.
How to be petulant

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:06 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:

Go Habs Go!
I can't see crap in the video..

Is it me or he looks like Freddy Kruger?

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-09-2009 at 10:11 AM.
la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:17 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
I can't see crap in the video..
Same here.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Spy
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Is it me or he looks like Freddy Kruger?

So true!

Spy is offline   Reply With Quote