Notices

Backlund might be playing tonight for the Flames

Old
01-08-2009, 10:54 PM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam09 View Post
Ughh, I only watched the third period due to basketball and homework so I missed two periods of Backlund

How was he? Did he get much ice time? I am pretty sure he'll head to Kelowna now, but any chance at all that he stays up for a couple more games.

Backlund was good. He almost scored on his first shot and made a nice defensive play backchecking to get the puck out on his first shift.

He also was good at handling the puck and he can skate really good.

The only reason I can see him staying up is if Bertuzzi is injured till next game.

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:51 PM
cross16

vCash: 500
Backlund was quite good. Created a couple chances offensivly and have a chance or two to try and finish as well.

However, he was also solid allaround which was perhaps the more impressive of the two. He made several very good plays on the backcheck and caused at least two turnovers that i can remember. He was not shy to get in on the cycle either.

Very solid game. If Backlund was drafted by the Islander or Kings or something I think he'd be there full time. I doubt he plays another game for the Flames considering he was scheduled to go to kelowna tommorow.

cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 03:44 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Solid debut for Backlund. Had a few good chances and was solid defensively. Definetly has improved since the preseason. If he can fill out a bit I don't see why he can't make the flames next season. The one area he struggled was at the faceoff dot going 2 for 7 if I remember correctly. That should improve as he gets stronger so not really a huge deal right now.

Probably on his way to Kelowna as the trade deadline is Saturday and I'm pretty sure he would need to be assigned there by then to play for the Rockets. If Bertuzzi can't go on Tuesday I would think Sutter would probably call up someone from Quad Cities.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 05:11 AM
KiwiFlamesFan

Thanks for the report on Backlund guys. I didn't get to watch him but it sounds like he had a positive game.

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote