HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone watched l'Anti Chambre tonight?

Old
01-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

vCash: 500
Anyone watched l'Anti Chambre tonight?

There was a pretty akward moment tonight!

They (Dave, Alain, Normand and Bertrand Raymond) were telling that Kovalev's goal wasn't good, because Kovalev wasn't supposed to be on the ice while Halak had not reach the bench. They had this discussion because they heard Pierre Houde saying that Kovalev was the extra attacker on the ice, but Pierre was wrong there was only five players on the ice when the Habs scored. So they did this "debate" on a false information.

It's pretty stupid to see that nobody in the station counted the number of players that were on the ice, just to make sure that they weren't loosing their time. Actually, Alain tried to count it but he was to lazy...Would have been funny if he had realized the mistake of "Pierre et Yvon"

http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse....tegory=&video=
Category "L'anti-chambre"
Des rebonsd favorables

Last edited by Booba: 01-09-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 03:08 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Par for the course really for these idiots. Can't say i'm surprised. RDS is becoming a joke more and more these days.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 06:04 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Par for the course really for these idiots. Can't say i'm surprised. RDS is becoming a joke more and more these days.
I loved the way they began the show with "the Leafs-Habs rivalry doesn't exist in Quebec only in English Canada". This juicy observation from Bert Raymond. Stopped watching then.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 06:57 AM
la25ecoupe

I watched L'anti once and stopped forever..

And those same guys are on CKAC also..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
I watched L'anti once and stopped forever..

And those same guys are on CKAC also..
Exactly.No more shows about the Habs on tv or radio,watch the games even if it's hard to do so on RDS but after that I watch something else non sports related!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:58 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post

They (Dave, Alain, Normand and Bertrand Raymond) were telling that Kovalev's goal wasn't good, because Kovalev wasn't supposed to be on the ice while Halak had not reach the bench. They had this discussion because they heard Pierre Houde saying that Kovalev was the extra attacker on the ice, but Pierre was wrong there was only five players on the ice when the Habs scored. So they did this "debate" on a false information.

It's pretty stupid to see that nobody in the station counted the number of players that were on the ice, just to make sure that they weren't loosing their time. Actually, Alain tried to count it but he was to lazy...Would have been funny if he had realized the mistake of "Pierre et Yvon"

Des rebonsd favorables
who are these guys ?

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:46 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post

Des rebonds favorables

I saw the same thing and was screaming at the TV last night. Everyone in the house wanted to know who I was talking to since I was the only one in the room at the time!

What happened is that Kovy came on for Sergei. The Lang-Kost-Kost shift was coming to an end, but Andrei had the puck and was still on the ice. If you look closely at the view from the goalline shooting all the way up the ice, while Halak is skating to the bench, there is one player with one foot over the boards waiting to jump on once Halak got there. HE would have been the sixth attacker.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
I loved the way they began the show with "the Leafs-Habs rivalry doesn't exist in Quebec only in English Canada". This juicy observation from Bert Raymond. Stopped watching then.
Well, I wouldn't agree much with Bertrand Raymond, but he's probably right about that. Toronto stopped being a serious rival for Montréal about 40 years ago.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I saw the same thing and was screaming at the TV last night. Everyone in the house wanted to know who I was talking to since I was the only one in the room at the time!

What happened is that Kovy came on for Sergei. The Lang-Kost-Kost shift was coming to an end, but Andrei had the puck and was still on the ice. If you look closely at the view from the goalline shooting all the way up the ice, while Halak is skating to the bench, there is one player with one foot over the boards waiting to jump on once Halak got there. HE would have been the sixth attacker.

RDS (or Pierre and Benoit) does the same kind of mistakes almost every game. Saying one thing while the replay clearly shows otherwise, it's getting ridiculous. What's worse is that no one from the production crew seems to be looking at the game cause they never correct them (or show the proper angle for that matter...)

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
RDS (or Pierre and Benoit) does the same kind of mistakes almost every game. Saying one thing while the replay clearly shows otherwise, it's getting ridiculous. What's worse is that no one from the production crew seems to be looking at the game cause they never correct them (or show the proper angle for that matter...)
When you are working on a live production you realy dont have time to do anything else than being concentrated like hell on your precise task.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Well, I wouldn't agree much with Bertrand Raymond, but he's probably right about that. Toronto stopped being a serious rival for Montréal about 40 years ago.
I'd have to agree with that. Boston is a hell of a lot more of a rivalry than Toronto is.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Dripper

The rivalry Montreal-Toronto died a long time ago, was replaced by the Montreal-Quebec rivalry in the 80's and at the beginning of the 90's. Then the Bruins established themselves as our biggest rivals since we've played them three times in the playoffs over the last few years. The Toronto-Ottawa rivalry is now bigger than the Montreal-Toronto's one. If it weren't for the Belarussians feud, we wouldn't even have this discussion.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:51 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
I saw this, as the show opened, I was expecting Carbo's press conference. I agree with the premise but heseemed to be of the opinion that Quebec Anglos wanted this to be our big rivalry, and I either misunderstood what he was saying or don't know what the hell he means by that.

The rivavlry seems to be a HNIC promotion as much as anything, the 2 teams never seem to be good at the same time. If anything we whine about national exposure and want to stick it to the media as much as anything it seems. I find that teams that we've faced in the post season are the teams that you really want to beat.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:52 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

it's pretty annoying. I think frankly that whoever runs the "show" (and by show i mean french canadiens stuff) must have some kind of agenda...

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:56 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
When you are working on a live production you realy dont have time to do anything else than being concentrated like hell on your precise task.
That's not exactly true. Bob Cole makes alotta mistakes and then is corrected by someone in the control centre and he corrects himself.

TSN you can see them correcting themselves probably someone on the headset feeding them.

This rarely happens on RDS. And it's not just with Brunet. You were getting thye same mistakes when Pedneault was there.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:00 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
That's not exactly true. Bob Cole makes alotta mistakes and then is corrected by someone in the control centre and he corrects himself.

TSN you can see them correcting themselves probably someone on the headset feeding them.

This rarely happens on RDS. And it's not just with Brunet. You were getting thye same mistakes when Pedneault was there.
I enjoy Miller/McGuire, esp. Miller because he isn't afraid to laugh at himself and draw attention to his or Pierre's mistakes, they happen, it's a fast moving game, have fun with it and move on.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote