HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Price`s Injury- not looking good (UPDATE: Price could return to practice Monday)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2009, 08:10 AM
  #1
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 500
Price`s Injury- not looking good (UPDATE: Price could return to practice Monday)

I dont know if any of you caught sportsnet last night during the game, but they speculated Price had a high ankle injury sprain. Now in Hickey`s morning column in the Gazette (link please-) he says that Price has an ankle injury and could hardly skate yesterday.

Looks like Halak will be holding the torch for awhile....

sigh

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:13 AM
  #2
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
we're injury-riddled this year. hopefully it all stops near the playoffs.

btw does that mean he'll miss the All-star game?

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:20 AM
  #3
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
I dont know if any of you caught sportsnet last night during the game, but they speculated Price had a high ankle injury sprain. Now in Hickey`s morning column in the Gazette (link please-) he says that Price has an ankle injury and could hardly skate yesterday.

Looks like Halak will be holding the torch for awhile....

sigh
yep and RDS speculates it's his groin. i believe RDS way before Sportsleafsnet. they don't follow our team they follow the 5th liners in TO.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:24 AM
  #4
Thinkaboutthat
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
We're not that injury-riddled this year. In La Presse this morning, there is a table about game lost for injuries. The Canadiens are 20th in NHL with 94, way behind theIslanders (260), Blues (233), Capitals (206) and Flyers (202).
JF Begin column on the same topic
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...-blessures.php

Thinkaboutthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:26 AM
  #5
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
yep and RDS speculates it's his groin. i believe RDS way before Sportsleafsnet. they don't follow our team they follow the 5th liners in TO.
read pat hickey`s column who travels with the habs and is at every practice

i would post it, but im at work and cant access the site

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:30 AM
  #6
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
read pat hickey`s column who travels with the habs and is at every practice

i would post it, but im at work and cant access the site
strange, this is the injury list in the GAZETTE. look at Price ! updated TODAY !

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.as...es/injury.aspx

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:32 AM
  #7
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,354
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
That almost definately counts him out for the All Star game.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:34 AM
  #8
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkaboutthat View Post
We're not that injury-riddled this year. In La Presse this morning, there is a table about game lost for injuries. The Canadiens are 20th in NHL with 94, way behind theIslanders (260), Blues (233), Capitals (206) and Flyers (202).
JF Begin column on the same topic
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...-blessures.php
i love how the author's picture is the biggest thing on the whole page, and it even has a "make bigger" function. talk about acting like a star.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:41 AM
  #9
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,935
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
i love how the author's picture is the biggest thing on the whole page, and it even has a "make bigger" function. talk about acting like a star.
Looks like Artukhin hitting Tanguay to me

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:44 AM
  #10
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 500
"Halak was struggling a week ago, but goaltending coach Rollie Melanson said the netminder has tweaked a few things in his technique and that has made the difference.

That's good news, because the Canadiens need Halak as Carey Price has been slow recovering from an ankle injury. He tried skating Wednesday with little success and Melanson said there was no sense rushing him."


http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sport...524/story.html

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:45 AM
  #11
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Looks like Artukhin hitting Tanguay to me
Mis à jour à 09h38

he noticed it too. he reads HF!

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:47 AM
  #12
SAKS AVENUE
Registered User
 
SAKS AVENUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
strange, this is the injury list in the GAZETTE. look at Price ! updated TODAY !

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.as...es/injury.aspx

That seems to be a mistake because Koivu is the one who is returning soon ....either Washington game or Boston. Last I heard Carey is 2wks away for whatever that means.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:48 AM
  #13
Treal
Registered User
 
Treal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
That almost definately counts him out for the All Star game.
It's ok, 'cause someone "deserving" will take his place, like Semin or Elias.

That's bad news though. Here's hoping that Price returns sooner than later.

Treal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:52 AM
  #14
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,875
vCash: 500
If it's a high ankle sprain, it's more of the mild kind and not the Crosby / Higgins kind.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:55 AM
  #15
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,935
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Mis à jour à 09h38

he noticed it too. he reads HF!
Haha weiiiird

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:00 AM
  #16
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treal View Post
It's ok, 'cause someone "deserving" will take his place, like Semin or Elias.

That's bad news though. Here's hoping that Price returns sooner than later.
Semin in net? Nice

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:01 AM
  #17
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,039
vCash: 597
On Price's injury, reports about what he has at this point seem to be guesses, nothing more. Pat Hickey is definitely not an insider who would know. No one has said anything about what he has, be it ankle or groin or whatever. We're on a roll, just let him heal up and come back 100%...

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:09 AM
  #18
tollb2
Registered User
 
tollb2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Ahhhhh crap ! .. this sucks nuts

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:12 AM
  #19
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,326
vCash: 500
The dreaded high ankle sprain...

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:13 AM
  #20
marioroberge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
those high ankle sprains are tricky...

marioroberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:14 AM
  #21
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
On Price's injury, reports about what he has at this point seem to be guesses, nothing more. Pat Hickey is definitely not an insider who would know. No one has said anything about what he has, be it ankle or groin or whatever. We're on a roll, just let him heal up and come back 100%...
ok. so a guy who travels alot with the team isnt an insider. Then please tell me who is?

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:21 AM
  #22
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,039
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
ok. so a guy who travels alot with the team isnt an insider. Then please tell me who is?
No journalist covering the Habs is. The Habs say nothing about injuries unless it's obvious, like a shoulder. We still don't even know what Koivu really has (or had since he was skating yesterday and should return shortly).

Why is everyone even talking with certainty about a high ankle sprain anyway? All the report in the paper says is that it's an ankle injury, nothing more.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:27 AM
  #23
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkaboutthat View Post
We're not that injury-riddled this year. In La Presse this morning, there is a table about game lost for injuries. The Canadiens are 20th in NHL with 94, way behind theIslanders (260), Blues (233), Capitals (206) and Flyers (202).
JF Begin column on the same topic
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...-blessures.php
Games missed means nothing... We could lose Dandy, Begin and O'Byrne all season-long and it wouldn't change a thing (actually it would improve our team)...

It's the quality of player injured and the timing... at the beginning of the season it was one important player lost for a couple of game at a time... than Komisarek happened, but that was still ok... but with 4 extremely important players missing, at the same time, for a long period of time, that hurts...

The good news is that now the players seems to understand that they have to play in order to win, I hope that when the team is going to be healthy, they won't come back to thinking that they can win based on talent alone and no effort.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:28 AM
  #24
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkaboutthat View Post
We're not that injury-riddled this year. In La Presse this morning, there is a table about game lost for injuries. The Canadiens are 20th in NHL with 94, way behind theIslanders (260), Blues (233), Capitals (206) and Flyers (202).
JF Begin column on the same topic
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...-blessures.php
Yeah but does that table take into account the impact of the individual thats injured? The likes of Komisarek, Koivu, Higgins, Tanguay, Price. Those are among our best players. How many other teams have had 5 of their best players out for extended periods of time?

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:32 AM
  #25
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
No journalist covering the Habs is. The Habs say nothing about injuries unless it's obvious, like a shoulder. We still don't even know what Koivu really has (or had since he was skating yesterday and should return shortly).

Why is everyone even talking with certainty about a high ankle sprain anyway? All the report in the paper says is that it's an ankle injury, nothing more.
you are absolutely right, injuries are not leaked in the new NHL and Hickey doesn't know any more than R Lavoie or any other beat reporter that follows the team, even though Hickey thinks he is king **** with the Habs !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.