HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Staal/Dubi on Young Stars Roster

Old
01-09-2009, 12:07 PM
rangerjoe

vCash: 500
Staal/Dubi on Young Stars Roster

The 3-on-3 is nuts, but good to see them recognized...

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:09 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

How on earth is Dubi on there?

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:10 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
How on earth is Dubi on there?
Probably has something to do with his play in the Young Stars Game last year...

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
link ?

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:16 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=4...id=DL|NHL|home

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:21 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
and to quote:
Quote:
Less than a year ago, Milan Lucic, Brandon Dubinsky, Nicklas Backstrom, Marc Staal, and Kris Letang were the rookies, the wide-eyed, first-year skaters heading to the NHL All-Star Game simply to savor a taste of the experience.

Only a year later, and my how things have changed! The peach fuzz may still remain, but the wide-eyed stare has been replaced with the seen-it-all glare of an NHL veteran.

Five of the boys are back in town for their second All-Star Game (six, along with Patrick Kane, named to the Western Conference starting line), in the hockey-mad city of Montreal.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I wish Staal could've been in the real all-star game.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:25 PM
NYROrtsFan

It's good that Dubinsky is in the game.

Hopefully he can have a good game because he's the type of guy that will take the confidence into the rest of the season.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Probably has something to do with his play in the Young Stars Game last year...
I would venture to say thats the ONLY reason hes a part of this year's game. Its certainly not due to his performance over the past 30 games or so this season.

Look, I know most fans are going to continue reserving their venom for Sather, the coaching staff, and the overpaid vets (and thats understandable), but when is Dubinsky going to receive some harsh treatment around here? 1 goal in his last 31 games and 0 in his last 18 is not only unacceptable, its downright brutal.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:05 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I would venture to say thats the ONLY reason hes a part of this year's game. Its certainly not due to his performance over the past 30 games or so this season.

Look, I know most fans are going to continue reserving their venom for Sather, the coaching staff, and the overpaid vets (and thats understandable), but when is Dubinsky going to receive some harsh treatment around here? 1 goal in his last 31 games and 0 in his last 18 is not only unacceptable, its downright brutal.
I was going to make the same post... The Rangers have a great record right now (best start since 95-96?) and yet its evident we all feel they are under-achieving. There is plenty of blame to spread around. I am looking for that time when this time clicks and plays up to the level they can. I'm praying for that day to come..........

Dubinsky will get back on track! LGR!

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:14 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
If dubinsky dosen't score in there im going to assume whatever confidence he has left will be crushed

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:16 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
If dubinsky dosen't score in there im going to assume whatever confidence he has left will be crushed
This I disagree with. I think it is a Win-Win. If he doesn't score, it's because he is playing with other all-stars. If he scores, then he did it against some of the best players in the game.

I think this is nothing but good news.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Prospalous

he'll be fine, those players dont take it seriously

nice to see the two of them get recognized, but what could have prevented staal from making the real all-star team? do you have to be over a certain # of years played in the NHL?

Prospalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:25 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
This I disagree with. I think it is a Win-Win. If he doesn't score, it's because he is playing with other all-stars. If he scores, then he did it against some of the best players in the game.

I think this is nothing but good news.
all-stars? other than kane i don't see any of them being "all-stars"

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWESGOTPAWES View Post

nice to see the two of them get recognized, but what could have prevented staal from making the real all-star team? do you have to be over a certain # of years played in the NHL?
He needs to add a bit more offense to his game to be a legitimate all-star.

That will come in the next few years.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:33 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I wish Staal could've been in the real all-star game.
I wish Staal can be signed to a multi year deal like his brother just did. With the Rangers of course. Priority number one.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Fletch

Bleed...

why would Dubi be deserved of harsh venom? Why are the expectations so high? Because he rode shotgun with Jagr last season and had some success which he was able to carry into the first week of the season? Perhaps he was playing over his head? Perhaps he never developed into an offensive player in the AHL and it's now catching up to him. Perhaps defenses are keying on him more because he doesn't have protection from the lines ahead of him? Perhaps his linemates have gone stale? Perhaps it's a sophomore slump.

Bottom line is he's a kid who's going out and playing hard every shift. Every shift. He's making the plays he was making when he was doing well and as long as he continues to work hard and make the plays, the goals will come. I'm not too worried about that. But again, he's a 23(?) year old kid whose play early in the season is a key reason why this team isn't in 10th place. And he's a kid whose offense hasn't yet developed in the pros but we got spoiled with his freshman performance and his early season performance. Give him time to work through his first real NHL slump. We all (or at least most of us) thought he'd be a 35-40 point guy this season - he's on track for exactly that - if he gets a couple little scoring streaks going, and I'm confident he will.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:36 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWESGOTPAWES View Post

Yeah right! I remember in the YoungStars game last year Dubi was backchecking his ass off and yelling for the coach to put defensive guys on the ice to preserve the lead... Winning is ALWAYS in a hockey players blood...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
link ?
Honest question here... are you sure you're not a Ranger fan? It's one thing to see "cross-pollination" in important threads involving these teams, but I see you in literally every inane thread on this board. What's the matter, those guys not keeping you busy enough over there?

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 02:43 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
why would Dubi be deserved of harsh venom? Why are the expectations so high? Because he rode shotgun with Jagr last season and had some success which he was able to carry into the first week of the season? Perhaps he was playing over his head? Perhaps he never developed into an offensive player in the AHL and it's now catching up to him. Perhaps defenses are keying on him more because he doesn't have protection from the lines ahead of him? Perhaps his linemates have gone stale? Perhaps it's a sophomore slump.

Bottom line is he's a kid who's going out and playing hard every shift. Every shift. He's making the plays he was making when he was doing well and as long as he continues to work hard and make the plays, the goals will come. I'm not too worried about that. But again, he's a 23(?) year old kid whose play early in the season is a key reason why this team isn't in 10th place. And he's a kid whose offense hasn't yet developed in the pros but we got spoiled with his freshman performance and his early season performance. Give him time to work through his first real NHL slump. We all (or at least most of us) thought he'd be a 35-40 point guy this season - he's on track for exactly that - if he gets a couple little scoring streaks going, and I'm confident he will.
They said the same things about Pruca

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 02:58 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
They said the same things about Pruca

and what will be funny is when people start bashing Dubinsky soon as they did with Prucha.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 03:01 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Turning point in his career. Confidence boost.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 03:36 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
and what will be funny is when people start bashing Dubinsky soon as they did with Prucha.
that is exactly my point.... if Dubinsky continues like this he is the next whipping boy for all the fair weather fans.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 05:52 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
It's good that Dubinsky is in the game.

Hopefully he can have a good game because he's the type of guy that will take the confidence into the rest of the season.
Thinking the same thing...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 06:00 PM
GoNikolaiZherdevGo

I think the Rangers should get Tebow on dubi's wing.

Tebow-Dubi-Zherdev

GoNikolaiZherdevGo is offline   Reply With Quote