HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs AHL Team: 6 / Leafs NHL "AHL" team: 2

Old
01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
I can't believe team 990 says that Chip is not NHL ready? He didn't have a great game last night but I thought that the previous three games he was solid. Why is it that one bad game for him is hes not ready and other players can have 5 in row bad games and they are still heros. Time for Chipchura to get the hell out of there befor Carb takes all his skill and confidence out of him. oh and what has dags done in the last 4?
I don't know what they expect from him but IMO he is NHL ready and should never be sent back down,but then again that's just my opinion.He does every little thing right,he's not a goal scorer but in Montreal I guess that's important.

Also I don't think the Italians on the Team 990 have that much of an impact like the french media!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 03:53 PM
sevil

I agree he can pass.. but... dont get me wrong I like him.. think he does have a future in montreal.. I just think...well I think the game right now is quicker than he is.. he looks good and bad... but at this level..heading to the playoffs...we need mostly good!

(I just cant believe how bad breezeby can be.. and still get all the minutes he does!)

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 04:02 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
I can't believe team 990 says that Chip is not NHL ready? He didn't have a great game last night but I thought that the previous three games he was solid. Why is it that one bad game for him is hes not ready and other players can have 5 in row bad games and they are still heros. Time for Chipchura to get the hell out of there befor Carb takes all his skill and confidence out of him. oh and what has dags done in the last 4?
You should say that x said something about Chipchura, saying the Team 990 or CKAC sounds like a group of people united in an opinion rather than 1 game offering his.

I like Chipchura, I think he can have a career in the NHL, but I also suspect that you're never the same after an achilles heel injury. It's a shame but it's true. I can see him being ok with the pace of the game, but I worry about that first step to the puck, he seems to lack that good firm step in space.

I think he playts a smart game, he's better offensively than he gets credit for, but he has a few issues that he has to overcome. As stupid as it sounds, last night, when guys like Bouillon and TK were getting involved in all that stupidity, he should have punched someone in the head. QGD has said that he handles himself well, well as much as I'm ambivalent about this stuff, he should show the staff how badly he wants to be here.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 04:09 PM
sevil

I think he is still timid... once he gets over that... your right.. he might need a good fight.. like latendresse last year!

Old
01-09-2009, 04:10 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
I think he is still timid... once he gets over that... your right.. he might need a good fight.. like latendresse last year!
QGD was saying that he's handled himself well in scraps in Hamilton.I think he might be a bit timid in terms of being assertive on the ice.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 04:12 PM
sevil

I am agreeing.. I think he is NHL timid...in Ahl he is good to go.. but maybe he is a little gun shy with the big boys!!!.. I know he can go... so does he.. I think its time!!

Old
01-09-2009, 06:02 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
I am agreeing.. I think he is NHL timid...in Ahl he is good to go.. but maybe he is a little gun shy with the big boys!!!.. I know he can go... so does he.. I think its time!!
He might be more scared that if he messes up he'll get sent down.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 06:08 PM
guest1467

Guys keep in mind that when you break into the NHL you are playing against men. If you were 20 years old coming into the league would you want to fight experienced 30 year olds? I sure as hell wouldn't. There is alot of strength difference between a young player and a 30 year old player.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:04 PM
sevil

I grew up being a bouncer.. so age is irrelevant.. but I know.. that perhaps the fear of making a mistake is eating at him a bit! he will make it.. its just taking time!

Old
01-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Kirk Muller

Maybe he just needs some time in the NHL like say Lapierre was given. He was absolutely fine last year and was sent down. He was no worse than Lappy was last year.

There is no reason why he can't be a fourth liner here adapting to the NHL. Who better to groom him then Carbs and Muller. Two guys whose his game should mirror.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Guys keep in mind that when you break into the NHL you are playing against men. If you were 20 years old coming into the league would you want to fight experienced 30 year olds? I sure as hell wouldn't. There is alot of strength difference between a young player and a 30 year old player.
Don't tell Lucic that.

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
There is no reason why he can't be a fourth liner here adapting to the NHL. Who better to groom him then Carbs and Muller. Two guys whose his game should mirror.
Muller, Carbs, Jarvis, Gainey...

He'll have more people to help mold his game with the type of player he is in Montreal than he has in Hamilton.

The unfortunate truth is that there is little room for Kyle Chipchura once Saku Koivu and Chris Higgins returns. Next season there will be plenty of room and healthy he could play 82 games. Right now, he is the perfect reserve player due to his defensive capabilities and surprising offence. He makes absolutely zero mistakes out there, he simply could end up doing more.

Chipchura is Mr. Reliability. When it comes to having bottom line players you need to know will do the job they need to and you'll never have to yell at them, Kyle fits that perfectly.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:47 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Muller, Carbs, Jarvis, Gainey...

He'll have more people to help mold his game with the type of player he is in Montreal than he has in Hamilton.

The unfortunate truth is that there is little room for Kyle Chipchura once Saku Koivu and Chris Higgins returns. Next season there will be plenty of room and healthy he could play 82 games. Right now, he is the perfect reserve player due to his defensive capabilities and surprising offence. He makes absolutely zero mistakes out there, he simply could end up doing more.

Chipchura is Mr. Reliability. When it comes to having bottom line players you need to know will do the job they need to and you'll never have to yell at them, Kyle fits that perfectly.
I hope Montreal keeps a few players around and starts to do a rotation of certain players. If we can do some player cahnges to keep everybody fresh going to the playoffs would be great. I'm not sure if it would work sometimes it can mess with the flow of the team but reality is this team started playing better when the young players brought some energy to the team.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote