HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nassau Coliseum Visitor FAQ

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2008, 02:18 PM
  #51
broth518
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to broth518
Can this be a sticky thread?

It took me a while to find this information

broth518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:09 PM
  #52
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Hey guys, I'm gonna be going to watch the Islanders and Penguins on November 26th and was wondering if anyone that frequents Nassau Coliseum knows what entrance the players use.

I'm coming out from Winnipeg and as an avid autograph collector, I would love to catch a glimpse of some of the players from both the Islanders and the Penguins with the possibility of hitting them up for an autograph or to even pose for a photograph.

What time do they usually begin to arrive at the Coliseum when game time is 7 PM.

From an out of town fan, any information you can give me will be a great help. Hoping to make my NY trip a memorable one.

Thanks in advance. (I will be cheering for the Islanders just because)http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/nod.gif

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:10 PM
  #53
crisb
Registered User
 
crisb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 941
vCash: 500
Hey guys. How is Section 322 row L? No obstruction right? Not the farthest up right? Anybody have a pic of this view?

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:31 PM
  #54
AHpsycho
Registered User
 
AHpsycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFan View Post
Hey guys. How is Section 322 row L? No obstruction right? Not the farthest up right? Anybody have a pic of this view?
No seat at the coliseum has obstruction of the ice. Some of the higher seats have scoreboard obstruction but make up for it with flat screen TVs. And i know there's a row S i don't know if it goes further than that though. Can't remember.

http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/new_york_...sec=322&row=L&

If that doesn't work for some reason go to newyorkislanders.com and scroll down and you'll see a spot on the right to put in your section and row.

AHpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 03:39 PM
  #55
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Are there any plans for legit rail access to this place???

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 04:29 PM
  #56
Jokerit Wasp
Registered User
 
Jokerit Wasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Quick seating question?

Hi guys,

Im in gonna be in NY in March and hoping to catch the Isles vs Wild. Im after a cheap ticket, as the trip is costing enough to start with.

Anyway, theres seats in 325 for $30 and in 329 for $19. Both say they are "limited view" seats. Any further info on this? are they gonna be real bad, or just a bit of leaning to the side involved?

Any other advice on tickets, will i get better deals nearer the time? Is there a good ticket exchange? and will it be sold out?

Thanks!

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 04:36 PM
  #57
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang
 
IslesFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerit Wasp View Post
Hi guys,

Im in gonna be in NY in March and hoping to catch the Isles vs Wild. Im after a cheap ticket, as the trip is costing enough to start with.

Anyway, theres seats in 325 for $30 and in 329 for $19. Both say they are "limited view" seats. Any further info on this? are they gonna be real bad, or just a bit of leaning to the side involved?

Any other advice on tickets, will i get better deals nearer the time? Is there a good ticket exchange? and will it be sold out?

Thanks!
329 is more in the corner. Limited view just means you cant see the scorebaord. You can see the game and the ice just fine.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 04:58 PM
  #58
385
Registered User
 
385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,662
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 385
This should really be in the Visitors FAQ sticky

385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 05:20 PM
  #59
Islanders1932
Registered User
 
Islanders1932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,422
vCash: 500
There are no bad seats in the coliseum...the limited view like it has been said means you can't see the scoreboard, you can still see the entire ice, and there are screens up there to see whatever else you need

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 05:29 PM
  #60
West Coast Isles Fan
Registered User
 
West Coast Isles Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerit Wasp View Post
Hi guys,

Im in gonna be in NY in March and hoping to catch the Isles vs Wild. Im after a cheap ticket, as the trip is costing enough to start with.

Anyway, theres seats in 325 for $30 and in 329 for $19. Both say they are "limited view" seats. Any further info on this? are they gonna be real bad, or just a bit of leaning to the side involved?

Any other advice on tickets, will i get better deals nearer the time? Is there a good ticket exchange? and will it be sold out?

Thanks!
The one good thing about the Islanders right now is that there are always plenty of seats available.

West Coast Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 05:46 PM
  #61
Jokerit Wasp
Registered User
 
Jokerit Wasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Thanks guys! Great help, as long as i can see every inch of the ice its all good.

I've just seen the FAQ...

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
  #62
Bones45
Registered User
 
Bones45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Low Taxville
Posts: 5,064
vCash: 500
honestly? Buy the cheapest seat you can---tip an usher $10 after the first period to sit in a better seat.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:25 PM
  #63
RafterRat
Registered User
 
RafterRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Wales
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
honestly? Buy the cheapest seat you can---tip an usher $10 after the first period to sit in a better seat.
And we wonder why Wang loses $20mil/year!!!!

RafterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 10:54 PM
  #64
applecore9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafterRat View Post
And we wonder why Wang loses $20mil/year!!!!
No matter what the Coliseum will be empty allowing you to move down to better seats.

applecore9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 01:56 AM
  #65
Jokerit Wasp
Registered User
 
Jokerit Wasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Thanks for the replies, and now i just have to get to the arena. Also some good instructions on the front post.

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 05:02 PM
  #66
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
JW- If you havent already, dont buy a ticket. JUst get one from a scalper outside, or wait on line until the event nears. There will be plenty of good seats well below 50% off face (as in lower level, or upper center ice). No need to rush now, ive gotten 95 dollar seats for 30 outside and youll be looking at deals just as good considering its a weeknight vs a nonrival and the isles BLOW. But really, all the seats at the NVMC are great, the place is really tiny.

Islander102 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 07:15 AM
  #67
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
JW- If you havent already, dont buy a ticket. JUst get one from a scalper outside, or wait on line until the event nears. There will be plenty of good seats well below 50% off face (as in lower level, or upper center ice). No need to rush now, ive gotten 95 dollar seats for 30 outside and youll be looking at deals just as good considering its a weeknight vs a nonrival and the isles BLOW. But really, all the seats at the NVMC are great, the place is really tiny.
Im hoping to catch the 4th April game against the Lightning, will that be the same, or being a saturday and one of the last games of the season busier?

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 07:26 AM
  #68
Killer Carlson
Registered User
 
Killer Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Country: United States
Posts: 12,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Im hoping to catch the 4th April game against the Lightning, will that be the same, or being a saturday and one of the last games of the season busier?
I wouldn't worry one bit about getting tickets to that game. Hell, if we purge at the deadline and you show up with skates, the Isles might ask you to play!

__________________
No more running. I aim to misbehave.
Killer Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:42 AM
  #69
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carlson View Post
I wouldn't worry one bit about getting tickets to that game. Hell, if we purge at the deadline and you show up with skates, the Isles might ask you to play!
So if I just turn up on the day I should be able to get some cheap tickets? And would they be pretty decent tickets available? Or is it normally the crappier tickets that are up for grabs?

And yep I will bring my skates just in case

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:56 AM
  #70
Hunter07
Registered User
 
Hunter07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 7,787
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
So if I just turn up on the day I should be able to get some cheap tickets? And would they be pretty decent tickets available? Or is it normally the crappier tickets that are up for grabs?

And yep I will bring my skates just in case
You can get great tix any day by showing up, but Rags games. That is pretty much how it works now-a-days. If you are a student you can get great seats for cheap. We also had a thread with ticketmaster discount codes. So look at that and you may just use one of those. There was a buy one get one free and there was one where you get around 40% off.

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 04:14 PM
  #71
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
You can get great tix any day by showing up, but Rags games. That is pretty much how it works now-a-days. If you are a student you can get great seats for cheap. We also had a thread with ticketmaster discount codes. So look at that and you may just use one of those. There was a buy one get one free and there was one where you get around 40% off.
Ah, thanks very much for your help.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 02:12 PM
  #72
DevilBesideYou
Registered User
 
DevilBesideYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Route 206 S
Country: United States
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
Does the shop at the Coliseum sell Richard Park player t shirts? If so, for how much? I have been looking online for them but haven't found any.

DevilBesideYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:47 PM
  #73
JD SabreFan
Registered User
 
JD SabreFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
Taking a trip to the Island.

For the Isles/Sabres game with a few friends..

Should I bring a knife for protection? How rowdy do you fans get with opposing teams? Because I have seen the intense YouTube video from the four drunk 17 year olds yelling profanities near a 7 year old

Any pointers? What are some good watering holes before the game?

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:50 PM
  #74
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang
 
IslesFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD SabreFan View Post
For the Isles/Sabres game with a few friends..

Should I bring a knife for protection? How rowdy do you fans get with opposing teams? Because I have seen the intense YouTube video from the four drunk 17 year olds yelling profanities near a 7 year old

Any pointers? What are some good watering holes before the game?
Just act the total opposite of Rag$ fans and you will be perfectly fine, Have fun.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:04 AM
  #75
JD SabreFan
Registered User
 
JD SabreFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
I hate the Rangers almost as much as the Flyers, I think we'll be good.

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.