HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nassau Coliseum Visitor FAQ

Old
10-16-2008, 02:18 PM
broth518

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to broth518
Can this be a sticky thread?

It took me a while to find this information

broth518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:09 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Hey guys, I'm gonna be going to watch the Islanders and Penguins on November 26th and was wondering if anyone that frequents Nassau Coliseum knows what entrance the players use.

I'm coming out from Winnipeg and as an avid autograph collector, I would love to catch a glimpse of some of the players from both the Islanders and the Penguins with the possibility of hitting them up for an autograph or to even pose for a photograph.

What time do they usually begin to arrive at the Coliseum when game time is 7 PM.

From an out of town fan, any information you can give me will be a great help. Hoping to make my NY trip a memorable one.

Thanks in advance. (I will be cheering for the Islanders just because)http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/nod.gif

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:10 PM
crisb

Hey guys. How is Section 322 row L? No obstruction right? Not the farthest up right? Anybody have a pic of this view?

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:31 PM
AHpsycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFan View Post
Hey guys. How is Section 322 row L? No obstruction right? Not the farthest up right? Anybody have a pic of this view?
No seat at the coliseum has obstruction of the ice. Some of the higher seats have scoreboard obstruction but make up for it with flat screen TVs. And i know there's a row S i don't know if it goes further than that though. Can't remember.

http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/new_york_...sec=322&row=L&

If that doesn't work for some reason go to newyorkislanders.com and scroll down and you'll see a spot on the right to put in your section and row.

AHpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 03:39 PM
nyrmetros

Are there any plans for legit rail access to this place???

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Jokerit Wasp

Quick seating question?

Hi guys,

Im in gonna be in NY in March and hoping to catch the Isles vs Wild. Im after a cheap ticket, as the trip is costing enough to start with.

Anyway, theres seats in 325 for $30 and in 329 for $19. Both say they are "limited view" seats. Any further info on this? are they gonna be real bad, or just a bit of leaning to the side involved?

Any other advice on tickets, will i get better deals nearer the time? Is there a good ticket exchange? and will it be sold out?

Thanks!

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 04:36 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerit Wasp View Post
Hi guys,

Im in gonna be in NY in March and hoping to catch the Isles vs Wild. Im after a cheap ticket, as the trip is costing enough to start with.

Anyway, theres seats in 325 for $30 and in 329 for $19. Both say they are "limited view" seats. Any further info on this? are they gonna be real bad, or just a bit of leaning to the side involved?

Any other advice on tickets, will i get better deals nearer the time? Is there a good ticket exchange? and will it be sold out?

Thanks!
329 is more in the corner. Limited view just means you cant see the scorebaord. You can see the game and the ice just fine.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 04:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to 385
This should really be in the Visitors FAQ sticky

385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Islanders1932

There are no bad seats in the coliseum...the limited view like it has been said means you can't see the scoreboard, you can still see the entire ice, and there are screens up there to see whatever else you need

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 05:29 PM
West Coast Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerit Wasp View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks!
The one good thing about the Islanders right now is that there are always plenty of seats available.

West Coast Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Jokerit Wasp

Thanks guys! Great help, as long as i can see every inch of the ice its all good.

I've just seen the FAQ...

Old
01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Bones45

honestly? Buy the cheapest seat you can---tip an usher $10 after the first period to sit in a better seat.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:25 PM
RafterRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
honestly? Buy the cheapest seat you can---tip an usher $10 after the first period to sit in a better seat.
And we wonder why Wang loses $20mil/year!!!!

RafterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 10:54 PM
applecore9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafterRat View Post
And we wonder why Wang loses $20mil/year!!!!
No matter what the Coliseum will be empty allowing you to move down to better seats.

applecore9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 01:56 AM
Jokerit Wasp

Thanks for the replies, and now i just have to get to the arena. Also some good instructions on the front post.

Old
01-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Islander102

JW- If you havent already, dont buy a ticket. JUst get one from a scalper outside, or wait on line until the event nears. There will be plenty of good seats well below 50% off face (as in lower level, or upper center ice). No need to rush now, ive gotten 95 dollar seats for 30 outside and youll be looking at deals just as good considering its a weeknight vs a nonrival and the isles BLOW. But really, all the seats at the NVMC are great, the place is really tiny.

Islander102 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 07:15 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
JW- If you havent already, dont buy a ticket. JUst get one from a scalper outside, or wait on line until the event nears. There will be plenty of good seats well below 50% off face (as in lower level, or upper center ice). No need to rush now, ive gotten 95 dollar seats for 30 outside and youll be looking at deals just as good considering its a weeknight vs a nonrival and the isles BLOW. But really, all the seats at the NVMC are great, the place is really tiny.
Im hoping to catch the 4th April game against the Lightning, will that be the same, or being a saturday and one of the last games of the season busier?

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Killer Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Im hoping to catch the 4th April game against the Lightning, will that be the same, or being a saturday and one of the last games of the season busier?
I wouldn't worry one bit about getting tickets to that game. Hell, if we purge at the deadline and you show up with skates, the Isles might ask you to play!

01-13-2009, 11:42 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carlson View Post
I wouldn't worry one bit about getting tickets to that game. Hell, if we purge at the deadline and you show up with skates, the Isles might ask you to play!
So if I just turn up on the day I should be able to get some cheap tickets? And would they be pretty decent tickets available? Or is it normally the crappier tickets that are up for grabs?

And yep I will bring my skates just in case

Old
01-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Hunter07

Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
So if I just turn up on the day I should be able to get some cheap tickets? And would they be pretty decent tickets available? Or is it normally the crappier tickets that are up for grabs?

And yep I will bring my skates just in case
You can get great tix any day by showing up, but Rags games. That is pretty much how it works now-a-days. If you are a student you can get great seats for cheap. We also had a thread with ticketmaster discount codes. So look at that and you may just use one of those. There was a buy one get one free and there was one where you get around 40% off.

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 04:14 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
You can get great tix any day by showing up, but Rags games. That is pretty much how it works now-a-days. If you are a student you can get great seats for cheap. We also had a thread with ticketmaster discount codes. So look at that and you may just use one of those. There was a buy one get one free and there was one where you get around 40% off.
Ah, thanks very much for your help.

Old
01-15-2009, 02:12 PM
DevilBesideYou

Does the shop at the Coliseum sell Richard Park player t shirts? If so, for how much? I have been looking online for them but haven't found any.

DevilBesideYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:47 PM
JD SabreFan

Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
Taking a trip to the Island.

For the Isles/Sabres game with a few friends..

Should I bring a knife for protection? How rowdy do you fans get with opposing teams? Because I have seen the intense YouTube video from the four drunk 17 year olds yelling profanities near a 7 year old

Any pointers? What are some good watering holes before the game?

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:50 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD SabreFan View Post
For the Isles/Sabres game with a few friends..

Should I bring a knife for protection? How rowdy do you fans get with opposing teams? Because I have seen the intense YouTube video from the four drunk 17 year olds yelling profanities near a 7 year old

Any pointers? What are some good watering holes before the game?
Just act the total opposite of Rag$ fans and you will be perfectly fine, Have fun.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:04 AM
JD SabreFan

Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
I hate the Rangers almost as much as the Flyers, I think we'll be good.

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote