HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs prospects on NHL Network this weekend

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
  #1
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Habs prospects on NHL Network this weekend

Canada and US (though the 7:30PM Saturday game in the US will be presented Sunday at Noon)

FRIDAY

8:00PM: Minnesota-Duluth (Scott Kishel) against St.Cloud State: Though Kishel don't play, and haven't played a game since November 15. So don't expect him in the lineup ( I would also mentioned don't expect him as a real Habs prospect but that would be too harsh....)

SATURDAY

7:30PM: Miami vs Michigan (Greg Pateryn)

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:40 PM
  #2
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Kishel is not playing again. Just e-mailed Scott Sandelin about it, UMD coach and ex-habs player, hoping to have some input as far as Kishel is concerned.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:59 PM
  #3
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
How's Pateryn so far?

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:07 PM
  #4
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
How's Pateryn so far?
Pateryn's game is tomorrow.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:08 PM
  #5
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Pateryn's game is tomorrow.
So far, this season...

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:20 PM
  #6
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
So far, this season...
Missed that....Well I was surprised 'cause I was expecting solely a defensive d-man but they use him on the powerplay and he does a good job. Has a booming shot so that's great to see. And he's pretty reliable for a freshman for my liking. I don't see a lot of our prospects but Pateryn is certainly the #2 guy I've seen the most (after Emelin, before McDonagh) and I don't remember a single bad game so far.

Surely, he keeps things simple and he's not a Subban far from it. But he does a good job. I just don't believe that the guy, if he makes it, will ever turn out as an offensive dynamo, or if he does, only as a shooter on the point 'cause of his really hard shot. But he should turn out as a good defensive d-man with some nice first passes. I would like to see him more physical and I know he's capable of doing it but I guess it will come with time.

Overall, I'm really please with him. A big solid guy with some real potential.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:22 PM
  #7
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Missed that....Well I was surprised 'cause I was expecting solely a defensive d-man but they use him on the powerplay and he does a good job. Has a booming shot so that's great to see. And he's pretty reliable for a freshman for my liking. I don't see a lot of our prospects but Pateryn is certainly the #2 guy I've seen the most (after Emelin, before McDonagh) and I don't remember a single bad game so far.

Surely, he keeps things simple and he's not a Subban far from it. But he does a good job. I just don't believe that the guy, if he makes it, will ever turn out as an offensive dynamo, or if he does, only as a shooter on the point 'cause of his really hard shot. But he should turn out as a good defensive d-man with some nice first passes. I would like to see him more physical and I know he's capable of doing it but I guess it will come with time.

Overall, I'm really please with him. A big solid guy with some real potential.
Thanks, and was is skating overhyped in the pre-season?

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:23 PM
  #8
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
i liked the trade even more after i looked up some info on pateryn. I believe he was drafted right before one of our picks (might have been trunev) so i always thought that TT must have really wanted him to begin with.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:29 PM
  #9
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Thanks, and was is skating overhyped in the pre-season?
Well....I might have partipated in that "hype" 'cause I was one of the few that kept the report coming from the dev. camp but I still think that for a big guy, he skates pretty well. Okay so he's no PK, but I really believe that he's a pretty good skater for a guy his size. Honestly, this guy to me look like he has a NHL body already, and I've seen him pretty close.

Only thing, like most d-men, I would like him to work is his pivots. Needs work there but is often the first on the puck, and he's not a slow skater by any means. Not a dynamo but he already has a fine base to work with. So in the end a nice skater that could work on his pivots and on his quickness.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:41 PM
  #10
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
I think I've been the first to hype Peteryn here and yeah he skates very well!

Hum, is tomorrow's game broadcasted sometime on sunday as i wont be home tomorrow and i doubt they let me watch this game over habs game where I'll be lol.

I havent seen him play a real game yet as i always miss prospect games. It's nice to see him on the PP as he was the #7 defencemen or so to start the season. I have no idea why this guy got drafted in 5th round honestly. Woulda been a sick pick for the leafs if they didnt trade him right away.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:55 PM
  #11
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well....I might have partipated in that "hype" 'cause I was one of the few that kept the report coming from the dev. camp but I still think that for a big guy, he skates pretty well. Okay so he's no PK, but I really believe that he's a pretty good skater for a guy his size. Honestly, this guy to me look like he has a NHL body already, and I've seen him pretty close.

Only thing, like most d-men, I would like him to work is his pivots. Needs work there but is often the first on the puck, and he's not a slow skater by any means. Not a dynamo but he already has a fine base to work with. So in the end a nice skater that could work on his pivots and on his quickness.
Thanks, i was realy looking to have more info on him, since the report on him this summer were so great. He looks like a realy good prospect.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
  #12
NWT Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I think I've been the first to hype Peteryn here and yeah he skates very well!

Hum, is tomorrow's game broadcasted sometime on sunday as i wont be home tomorrow and i doubt they let me watch this game over habs game where I'll be lol.

I havent seen him play a real game yet as i always miss prospect games. It's nice to see him on the PP as he was the #7 defencemen or so to start the season. I have no idea why this guy got drafted in 5th round honestly. Woulda been a sick pick for the leafs if they didnt trade him right away.
It is being replayed in Canada at noon eastern on the NHL Network.

NWT Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:10 PM
  #13
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I think I've been the first to hype Peteryn here and yeah he skates very well!

Hum, is tomorrow's game broadcasted sometime on sunday as i wont be home tomorrow and i doubt they let me watch this game over habs game where I'll be lol.

I havent seen him play a real game yet as i always miss prospect games. It's nice to see him on the PP as he was the #7 defencemen or so to start the season. I have no idea why this guy got drafted in 5th round honestly. Woulda been a sick pick for the leafs if they didnt trade him right away.
Yes it will on Sunday at Noon like it is usually. He was pick in the 5th round 'cause it's possible that some don't see the potential he could be having. Add to that the fact that he might have already be categorized as solely a defensive d-man, and the fact that he needs to improve his quickness despite being a good skater.

Other things that could have been a question mark is his pure hockey sense. Honestly, from what I've seen, he's not exactly the guy who will be the greatest at the positional game YET, and who will predict where every opponent will be and so on, but yet, he doesn't strike me as the stupidest player on the ice either. I thought that he was particularly good positionaly from the games I saw and that the overall hockey sense was OK. Again, he is the 2nd prospect I've seen the most, but we're talking about 5 or 6 games here.

So being picked so late could be 'cause most scouts weren't able to see how great his ceiling could be. In the end, they could be right. Greg could end up as a good defensive and punishing d-man that can't elevate his game to an NHL level......It's obviously too soon to tell, and I definately would not agree to it right now.

I might not be the greatest d-men judge....I did rave A LOT about Korpikari....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:15 PM
  #14
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Kishel is not playing again. Just e-mailed Scott Sandelin about it, UMD coach and ex-habs player, hoping to have some input as far as Kishel is concerned.
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=846

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:26 PM
  #15
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Yes it will on Sunday at Noon like it is usually. He was pick in the 5th round 'cause it's possible that some don't see the potential he could be having. Add to that the fact that he might have already be categorized as solely a defensive d-man, and the fact that he needs to improve his quickness despite being a good skater.

Other things that could have been a question mark is his pure hockey sense. Honestly, from what I've seen, he's not exactly the guy who will be the greatest at the positional game YET, and who will predict where every opponent will be and so on, but yet, he doesn't strike me as the stupidest player on the ice either. I thought that he was particularly good positionaly from the games I saw and that the overall hockey sense was OK. Again, he is the 2nd prospect I've seen the most, but we're talking about 5 or 6 games here.

So being picked so late could be 'cause most scouts weren't able to see how great his ceiling could be. In the end, they could be right. Greg could end up as a good defensive and punishing d-man that can't elevate his game to an NHL level......It's obviously too soon to tell, and I definately would not agree to it right now.

I might not be the greatest d-men judge....I did rave A LOT about Korpikari....
Yeah I understand, still from what i saw he's got some pretty good tools already. I tend to see defencemen better then they really are and rank them higher then forwards. What I like is he's got lots of tools you cant teach, speed, size and a good shot. He looked like a NHLer at time at the dev camp with his size and skating. No doubt he still needs time, but he was much better then mcdonagh at the dev camp and they both bring similar things.

Also i just noticed by looking back at my reports, i said on the last day of dev camp that Danny Kristo would make team USA for the WJC! Not that it means anything.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 11:33 PM
  #16
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Thanks. Missed the memo. Will see if there's anything new....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Also i just noticed by looking back at my reports, i said on the last day of dev camp that Danny Kristo would make team USA for the WJC! Not that it means anything.
Looking back on what I said on the subject, I also said that.......he was never going to make it.....See win some, lose some....

But the US camp didn't really go with how their camp went....Colin Long who had a great camp from what everybody said wasn't invited....and some others as well...


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-10-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 08:59 AM
  #17
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Looking back on what I said on the subject, I also said that.......he was never going to make it.....See win some, lose some....

But the US camp didn't really go with how their camp went....Colin Long who had a great camp from what everybody said wasn't invited....and some others as well...
Yeah true, his performance at the WJAC was the difference maker. And in the end he might have been the best forward on his team. I think he's my favorite forward prospect since Akost. I just love his game, He sure has the wrist shot to have an oimpact offensively in the NHL, but he brings alot more then onlt that. Also, I hope we give Tyler Johnson a tryout this summer. Not the biggest, but he's one of the best defensive forward I've seen in junior.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.