HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BAC Pool Rules: No Diving! Panthers Vs. Canes!!!

View Poll Results: Who will win tonight's Game?
Florida Panthers 17 62.96%
Carolina Hurricanes 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2009, 06:05 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Nnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaatttttthhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaannnnnnn! !!!!!!!!!!!
You watch all the games during the week? Do you work? Do you goto bed earlier and wakeup to watch the games or how you compensate the sleep/work ratio

Old
01-09-2009, 07:58 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
You watch all the games during the week? Do you work? Do you goto bed earlier and wakeup to watch the games or how you compensate the sleep/work ratio
Ive had the week off, but most of the time, I just get up early to watch them. We sleep here in the afternoon, so it really isnt that bad. I know ESPN360 archives the games, but I cant wait the 18 hour period. Im sick, I know.

Old
01-09-2009, 09:31 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

A few thoughts:

1. Horton is playing better and better hockey each time I see him. I was worried about which way he would break on his return from injury. Looks like he is buying into the system and his on ice effort is producing stat sheet results. Good to see.

2. I like the energy Stewart brings during his shifts. He's a guy who needs a breakout game to help his confidence.

3. No penalties in a game against Carolina? With Koharski officiating??? Maybe he wanted to get out and watch the second half - hope he had money on the Sooners.

4. They have played 24 of their 41 road games already and are one point out of a playoff spot. The next 41 games - 24 home & 17 road games. That puts the team in a pretty good position right now...

5. ...which means they will lose the next game against Atlanta. I don't have the warm & fuzzies about that one either.

6. Vokoun was shaky. I'm guessing Anderson in net on Saturday.

7. No mention of Bouwmeester making the All Star game last night as far as I could tell. They could have mentioned it when he was at center ice to win his meaningless defensive player of the month award. Sad.

Old
01-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
HAHA! I stumbled across this today:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ott%20Burnside
Great Find!!!!

Old
01-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesnecu View Post
Only the canes fans that insist on posting in the oppositions game day thread all day long.

Its their thread and they should be allowed to have fun with it. If they came to our board it would be different. Just like on our board we should be able to make fun of them. Isnt that the point of each team having their own forum?
Smartest comment so far.

Old
01-09-2009, 09:53 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Great Find!!!!
Agreed. That made my day.

Personally, I think that there are several posters on this forum who are better writers than Burnside, have a better fund of hockey knowledge than Burnside and produce more words per week than Burnside - and they do it for free. So the question is - why does Burnside still have a job?

Old
01-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Is this team going with a beard thing? Cause I see Soup has the beard going on, and now Andy as well. I know some of the guys are still to young to grow one lol, but I just wonder...
They're growing it for the playoffs!

Old
01-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth10 View Post
cant remember a game where we didnt have a single penalty.
And to do it against Carolina of all teams!!! Wow!!!

Old
01-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Haj

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Agreed. That made my day.

Personally, I think that there are several posters on this forum who are better writers than Burnside, have a better fund of hockey knowledge than Burnside and produce more words per week than Burnside - and they do it for free. So the question is - why does Burnside still have a job?
I'm guessing Burnside already has the connections and relationships in place so that he can do his job.

This year's team definitely has more jam then last years team. Frolik adds a dimension..he can create scoring chances for himself and others. Its been a while since the Panthers had a player at his talent level. If we can keep Bouwmester, I think the future looks good.

Old
01-09-2009, 10:29 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
I'm guessing Burnside already has the connections and relationships in place so that he can do his job.
Does it take connections and relationships to produce poorly written and researched articles?

Old
01-09-2009, 10:42 AM
RainingRats

nice win, these four point games are huge!

Old
01-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Does it take connections and relationships to produce poorly written and researched articles?
No it does't. Just look at Eklund for that!

Old
01-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
No, it just takes connections and personal relationships to get them published

01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
A few thoughts:
7. No mention of Bouwmeester making the All Star game last night as far as I could tell. They could have mentioned it when he was at center ice to win his meaningless defensive player of the month award. Sad.
Maybe they're waiting until the next game and a bigger crowd, more noise.

Old
01-09-2009, 04:12 PM
zeroG

haven't commented but i thought it was a pretty good effort for a big game like that in an empty arena. i'd agree with jay's post game comment - that we didn't see carolina's best game - however, they WERE completely healthy going into the game and were on a roll so there's no excuse. both teams had the adverse environment to deal with.

i was interested to see if anyone picked up on/commented on an interesting tidbit from tripp last night. he said that in his conversation with jay that morning, jay said the biggest thing he's picked up over the last couple of years is learning when he can take a shift off. that's the way jay put it. and of course, he's right - it's absolutely necessary and all great players do it.

Old
01-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
A few thoughts:

1. Horton is playing better and better hockey each time I see him. I was worried about which way he would break on his return from injury. Looks like he is buying into the system and his on ice effort is producing stat sheet results. Good to see.

2. I like the energy Stewart brings during his shifts. He's a guy who needs a breakout game to help his confidence.

3. No penalties in a game against Carolina? With Koharski officiating??? Maybe he wanted to get out and watch the second half - hope he had money on the Sooners.

4. They have played 24 of their 41 road games already and are one point out of a playoff spot. The next 41 games - 24 home & 17 road games. That puts the team in a pretty good position right now...

5. ...which means they will lose the next game against Atlanta. I don't have the warm & fuzzies about that one either.

6. Vokoun was shaky. I'm guessing Anderson in net on Saturday.

I gotta disagree with this one. Vokoun was great.

Old
01-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
haven't commented but i thought it was a pretty good effort for a big game like that in an empty arena. i'd agree with jay's post game comment - that we didn't see carolina's best game - however, they WERE completely healthy going into the game and were on a roll so there's no excuse. both teams had the adverse environment to deal with.

i was interested to see if anyone picked up on/commented on an interesting tidbit from tripp last night. he said that in his conversation with jay that morning, jay said the biggest thing he's picked up over the last couple of years is learning when he can take a shift off. that's the way jay put it. and of course, he's right - it's absolutely necessary and all great players do it.
Great players do take "shifts Off," my problem is when players admit to taking nights/games off.

01-09-2009, 05:30 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I gotta disagree with this one. Vokoun was great.
I dont think so. I thought he played well, but not great. He was at times shaky, playing the pass on a few shots, and gave up some big rebounds, we just happened to get sticks on them. He was good enough for us to win. I would probably stick with him on Saturday though.

Old
01-09-2009, 05:45 PM
sinDer

Quote:
I dont think so. I thought he played well, but not great. He was at times shaky, playing the pass on a few shots, and gave up some big rebounds, we just happened to get sticks on them. He was good enough for us to win. I would probably stick with him on Saturday though.
Yeah, I also thought he had serious troubles with his rebounds

But that's the way it is, even when Vokoun plays well, he makes me feel nervous all game long.

Old
01-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
GR says Vokoun in net on Saturday.

Old
01-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
Yeah, I also thought he had serious troubles with his rebounds

But that's the way it is, even when Vokoun plays well, he makes me feel nervous all game long.
His rebound control was definitely iffy, but he had a great read on the puck all night long, and his anticipation was as good as you can ask for. Other than his problems with rebounds last night, I didn't think he was shaky at all. He was in the zone, extremely confident and quick.

Closed Thread