HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/9 New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres 7:30 PM MSG

Old
01-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Kiefer

vCash: 500
Chances that Ottawa would trade both Heatley and Spezza are minimal, unless they would get Backstrom and Ovechkin in return. Then maybe.

Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 12:11 AM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefer View Post
Chances that Ottawa would trade both Heatley and Spezza are minimal, unless they would get Backstrom and Ovechkin in return. Then maybe.
haha, thats not right boss. they will probably trade one of them if they continue to lose. no point of having great players making a lot of money if ur not gonna challenge for a cup.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Kiefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
haha, thats not right boss. they will probably trade one of them if they continue to lose. no point of having great players making a lot of money if ur not gonna challenge for a cup.
Well, I didn't say one, I said both.

Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 12:33 AM
ecemleafs

if one goes they prob both go. but heatley would be moved first.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Will lundqvist start tomorrow? Its weird not seeing him play every damn night.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
if one goes they prob both go. but heatley would be moved first.
i would say spezza gets moved first...by a mile. hes been having a rough go of it...heatley is still an elite player, by a country mile.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 02:24 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i would say spezza gets moved first...by a mile. hes been having a rough go of it...heatley is still an elite player, by a country mile.
Trading either of them would be moronic. BOTH are elite players. Spezza is a 90 point player. Their team is having a miserable season, and he's still on pace for about 70.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
valley play great...he has been better than lundqvist sad to say..if lundy has a stinker tommorrow boy oh boy this board will suck
Yeah, let's just abandon the player who has pretty much gotten the Ranger organization back into the playoffs for 3 straight years. Who said Ranger fans don't eat their young.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:50 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
To be truthful, despite posting a 1-1-1 record the past 3 games, I have found the play somewhat encouraging compared to dismal December

Here are a few reasons:
Redden has looked a lot better in general. May he actually be preparing to step up as we thought and hoped we had paid for? The D including Kalinin have been pretty stable. Rozie was very good and even kalinin seemed to be less of a risk back there.
The Rangers forechecking has looked quite good. We have been aggresively popping the opposition good in their defensive zone - causing lots of turnovers. We still done problems at mid-ice as our counterattacks are too slow and often with too little manpower while opposing teams seem to earn the right to walk through here basically unmolested.
The resurgence of Nigel Dawes + Petr Prucha have been nice to watch. Voros sitting has been a blessing in disguise as he has been dismal for a long time. Maybe he returns(?) later with motivation and poise and goes on a hot streak again when given a chance? Who knows btw.
Drury has shown glimpses of coming about, Zherdev & Dubi (+Korpedo) seem sooo close to putting it together. On the other hand, Gomez is so one dimensional it hurts to watch. And Nazzy is a bit off on his timing causing a lot of chances to disintegrate. I think he can bring it together and score 30 though - which is better than I hoped for. 4th line has been very good, Betts is a beast.Cally hustles and plows and gives his "darndest" every shift.
They could easily have earned 2 more points here (should have decided against Buffalo in regulation + the refs - yes I am damn serious - stole a point with their ridiculous display in Montreal) and I am therefore in a bit of a more optimistic mood now than in December when they played downright lousy basically every game but still managing somehow to pick up a plethora of points.
So I - for one usually very sceptical and critical to this years performance, coaching and composition - do find some positive reasons for a cautiously optimistic future outlook. Only time will tell though...
Oh btw - we have been fortunate enough to basically avoid injuries so far. Which on the surface apppears to be a good thing. But in this case, a few injuries and callups (Potter, AA, PA P maybe and Bobby Sangs) might have been the shakeup that the club has needed to add a bit more desperation (look at Prucha) to the game by having hungry players actually playing for a spot. It gets downright depressing when I say this - as you must understand I am not hoping for injuries. The irony of the matter is however that it is better now than in April/May - right? Best of course is not at all...

Last edited by BBKers: 01-10-2009 at 04:02 AM.
BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quick question. Does anyone else find this team to be incredibly boring to watch?

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:53 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Will lundqvist start tomorrow? Its weird not seeing him play every damn night.
wayyyyyy OT but how did you get a moving avatar o.o

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 05:56 AM
gravytrain6t

I seriously hope this is not one of those years where the Rangers just miss making the playoffs and a late draft pick. IDK how we didn't score at least 5 goals in the second period alone last night. It looked like we were on the power play the whole period.

another thing. Sorry Renney but both Prucha and Dawes and possible Sjostrom are all better shootout guys than Drury. Last night hurt. That was a tough loss to swallow despite the one point.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 06:00 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Quick question. Does anyone else find this team to be incredibly boring to watch?
I'll tell ya. I'm such a big Ranger fan that when they went 6 years without getting into the playoffs I never or hardly ever missed a game. I'm a NY Ranger junkie.

As far as comparing Lundqvist to Valiquette. Valiquette is a very good back up right now. We need him on this team. With saying that, he is no where as good a goal tender as Lundqvist when Lundqvist is on his game. Valiquette might have the edge in handling the puck if anything.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 08:30 AM
polako

Quote:
It's a lot less interesting without the Jagr-Nylander-Straka line, and without Avery and Hollweg, that's for sure. THe hockey seems a lot less skilled than in years past.

But it's the NYR...they could play with five men in Lundqvist's crease all game and I'd still watch every game.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Chris 84

Quote:
No, they're NYR. The hockey might not be all that pretty, but I don't need pretty hockey. I can't be bored watching New York because I care so much, even if nothing happens all match I'm not bored because I'm always aware that something COULD happen and the thought of us winning is so awesome and us losing is so terrible that for me anyway, boredom has never set in.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 10:47 AM
BleedBlue4491

Sjostrom was reallly good in the shootout last night! :

BleedBlue4491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 10:51 AM
bubba5

Can Gomez please start doing something or trade this guy already! This team has no offensive ability, other than zherdev!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote