HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary/Ottawa

Old
01-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Iggy-4-50

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Realistic is not the word that came to my mind. That counter is just horrible. If you don't want Spezza, fine, but he's the best player in the original deal, and your offer is just mindboggingly bad. And I'm not even a Spezza or Sens fan.
Someone has to say it so I will.
Ottawa would have more wins today if you replaced Spezza with Langkow, Not only is he one of the best clutch players he does all the little things in games that get wins...Spezza is not that kind of player.

Iggy-4-50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 10:22 PM
BigCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb_87 View Post
Calgary doesn't make the calls as we are actually winning, not a basement dweller like Ottawa.
Actually, when you are winning, that is when you make the calls to the basement dwellers, and offer to "help them out" and try to fleece them. Dealing from a position of strength is what you always want to do, and trying to make a deal when you are in the basement is just asking for a fleecing.

BigCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 10:34 PM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 283
Enough with this. Calgary doesn't want Spezza because he doesn't fit into our style of system and we have players that are a giveaway machine and the Sens don't want Regehr because they have enough defensive defencemen, even if they aren't even close to Regehr.

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
Someone has to say it so I will.
Ottawa would have more wins today if you replaced Spezza with Langkow, Not only is he one of the best clutch players he does all the little things in games that get wins...Spezza is not that kind of player.
I like Langkow and all, but come on you can't even compare him with Spezza. Spezza is an elite #1 center with 100 points potential, Langkow is a 1b/2a center. Langkow is better defensively and has more grit, but what Spezza brings offensively >>>>> Langkows intangibles.

It's pretty much like a Drury vs. Crosby comparison, who would you rather have?

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 04:07 AM
colonelangus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Spezza has never scored you 35 goals either... and like another poster said... Regehr will prevent more goals than Spezza will create
I hope this thread ends soon b/c it seems like the original poster has no idea of each teams needs.

Calgary probably has enough offensive talent up front.
Ottawa has enough defensive defensemen.

But whatever. Hey listen, instead of heading to Whistler for skiing or chilling out along the ocean front, let's all flame each other senslessly.

colonelangus is offline   Reply With Quote