HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Mason Injured?

Old
01-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Bobcat110

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
For the 1,281st time, the arena is not on the OP site!
Wow...a little superstitious? Seemed to hit a nerve...I agree that none of the actual arena is on State Pen site. Was just having fun. Although wikipedia says that some of the guard parking would've been where the arena is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
No the Prison was SOUTH of the parking lot and the Arena. It extended from Spring Street one block North. The wall then went east one block and then south one block again.
However, I do believe this is wrong. Some of west parking lot for Nationwide Arena had to be on the State Pen site. I use to park in the lots East of the pen and Nationwide Blvd. deadended at the state pen. It didn't go through to Neil. Maple Street was the back end of the Pen site, but isn't there now, closer to Brodbelt Lane. They extended Nationwide Blvd to Neil, so the area on NE side of Neil/Nationwide Blvd (West parking lot) would've been part of the pen. I'm tired of looking for a pre-98 columbus map. this was the best I could find:

The Nationwide Video department did a cool time lapse video of the arena construction from about the 20th floor of Plaza one...I thought they'd have it somewhere on the arena site, but couldn't locate it.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 11:40 PM
LaCosta Nostra

So judging by this map, the North Market is sitting directly on top of "Old Cemetery". I assume (hope) they moved all of the graves.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 12:05 AM
darrmd

That would make sense as Char Bar was a Morturary

darrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 12:22 AM
oxcamel

If that was Mason playing injured, I hope he is injured all year. Maybe we should have a few other guys hurt this way too.

oxcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 06:08 AM
macserv

Send a message via AIM to macserv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
However, I do believe this is wrong. Some of west parking lot for Nationwide Arena had to be on the State Pen site. I use to park in the lots East of the pen and Nationwide Blvd. deadended at the state pen. It didn't go through to Neil. Maple Street was the back end of the Pen site, but isn't there now, closer to Brodbelt Lane. They extended Nationwide Blvd to Neil, so the area on NE side of Neil/Nationwide Blvd (West parking lot) would've been part of the pen.
Here's a Google satellite image of the same area, rotated and scaled to fit your map. I've left only the penetentiary and cemetery, as well as Goodale Park for reference.

opnat.png

Here's a link to the actual Google map used.

macserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Tomorrow night they should have LaCosta out skating around in warmups and taking a bunch of shots
Well, he definitely will do that, as backups always do

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 07:21 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Nut View Post
So judging by this map, the North Market is sitting directly on top of "Old Cemetery". I assume (hope) they moved all of the graves.
That would explain the Poltergeists.

Nationwide, the new "Cuesta Verde"

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 08:25 AM
gocbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
Can we close this now? Obviously he's fine.

Thanks for the headache AP!
Actually, watch the last 2 minutes of last night - right before we called our timeout. He stopped a shot, and looked hurt. He was on his knees with his head down feeling...something. Then he skated gingerly to the bench for the TO. Something looked wrong for sure. I think he got hit w a 200 mph shot by O. Maybe he was already hurt coming in...???

gocbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 08:56 AM
CBJheadhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
Actually, watch the last 2 minutes of last night - right before we called our timeout. He stopped a shot, and looked hurt. He was on his knees with his head down feeling...something. Then he skated gingerly to the bench for the TO. Something looked wrong for sure. I think he got hit w a 200 mph shot by O. Maybe he was already hurt coming in...???
Noticed that too...worries me about tonight's game a bit

CBJheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 09:37 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
Wow...a little superstitious? Seemed to hit a nerve...I agree that none of the actual arena is on State Pen site. Was just having fun.
Not at all, that's why I tire of the mistake about the location of the Pen. Your map and description are correct, as I recall the area - some parking may overlap, but the Pen, itself, and the Arena do not. Even if they did, the only thing haunting the ice at Nationwide is 8 years of bad hockey...and that's about to be exorcised!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by macserv View Post
Here's a Google satellite image of the same area, rotated and scaled to fit your map. I've left only the penetentiary and cemetery, as well as Goodale Park for reference.
Very cool...thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Not at all, that's why I tire of the mistake about the location of the Pen. Your map and description are correct, as I recall the area - some parking may overlap, but the Pen, itself, and the Arena do not. Even if they did, the only thing haunting the ice at Nationwide is 8 years of bad hockey...and that's about to be exorcised!
The on-ice play has been very scary at times.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 11:09 AM
LaCosta Nostra

So can we purposely make Mason have bad warmups? As he's said, when he has a bad warm-up, he plays well in the game. Guys should bounce them off his head or something to really make his warm-ups a mess.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote