HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-Car

Old
01-08-2009, 10:01 PM
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight

vCash: 93
Van-Car

i realize that carolina is in a position to get more forwards not trade them but lets assume they are out of it

Car trades: Williams and Wallin

Van trades: Bieksa and a 2nd or 3rd

i do not know what Car fans would think of it (i know very little about them).

LightningBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 10:08 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Wallin has been very good this year, but he is getting up there in age.
Williams is a very good player, but he's coming back from almost a complete season's worth of missed hockey.

Thing is though, our defense is actually quite good this year, and we have quite a few good prospects waiting for when Wallin retires and contracts we don't want (Kaberle) run out.

Basically what I'm saying is that while it's pretty even overall, It doesn't address any of the Hurricanes needs, which are not too many right now. A good enforcer who can actually win a fight and a backup goalie who can actually get really hot and win games when Ward is out.

But Williams won't be traded anytime soon. The Hurricanes have invested too much in him to not wait it out and see how he recovers from his injury.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 10:10 PM
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Williams is a very good player, but he's coming back from almost a complete season's worth of missed hockey.

Thing is though, our defense is actually quite good this year, and we have quite a few good prospects waiting for when Wallin retires and contracts we don't want (Kaberle) run out.

Basically what I'm saying is that while it's pretty even overall, It doesn't address any of the Hurricanes needs, which are not too many right now. A good enforcer who can actually win a fight and a backup goalie who can actually get really hot and win games when Ward is out.

But Williams won't be traded anytime soon. The Hurricanes have invested too much in him to not wait it out and see how he recovers from his injury.
what i switched Wallin with Kaberle

Old
01-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Todds Chiropractory

vCash: 50
Quote:

Counter proposal

Van trades: Hordichuk and Sanford

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 10:15 PM
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight

Quote:

the only defense prospect i see joining carolina is McBain

Old
01-08-2009, 10:16 PM
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
Counter proposal

Van trades: Hordichuk and Sanford

well from what he says it meets Car needs

Old
01-08-2009, 10:19 PM
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight

Quote:

Bieksa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_gwzg2OjzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfjrHD0Dgfg

Old
01-08-2009, 10:32 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertoIginla View Post
well from what he says it meets Car needs
Yes, but we don't need them that much. Kaberle for both?

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 10:33 PM
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight

Quote:
Yes, but we don't need them that much. Kaberle for both?
ask Gillies

Old
01-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Ched Brosky

vCash: 500
As much as I would love for the Nucks to acquire Williams, if the price is Bieksa, I would say no deal. Right now Bieksa is our #1 dman, and is the only oe capable of carrying the puck and starting plays. Without him, we would see a hell of alot more of the dmen turning back into their own zone looking for outlet passes when he isn't on the ice. Even with him, the Nucks do it way too much.

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Yeah, Vancouver's depth on defence is not good enough to deal Bieksa.

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:07 PM
KeanuReeves

I thought this was the discussion over the summer....

now that Bieksa has progressed to show his good season was not a fluke and is arguably the top "overall" dman (offensively, and defensively he has Mitchell there to look after him), I dont think the Canucks would consider losing him for Williams, who will be just another injury prone player on the Canucks IR (although a very good, young one)

I think Vancouver looks at upgrading their D before rounding out their offense, but hopefully they get both done by the deadline

KeanuReeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Canucks5551

No to trading Bieksa unless it's a clearcut advantageous deal for Vancouver. Replacing his physicality and skill on the back end would be very difficult.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 12:43 AM
The Big Foot

Bieksa's pretty valuable at this point, given his icetime he doesnt make a lot of noticeable mistakes. Not to mention the hope he's given me that Edler could return to his breakout season form. Also the chemistry on the team is better than its been in a long time and he seems to be a pretty big personality in the dressing room.
Our forward lines arent exactly hurting right now, dont need to give up our number one dman for a guy with a pretty terrible recent injury history and an easily replaceble vet with no connection to Van. Not to mention our second and third rounders are actually looking to hold some value to us lately.
What about Sanford/Labarbera, Raymond, and Mike Brown for Williams?

The Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:14 AM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

no thanks from canucks side we love bieksallent i would never even trade bieksa for lidstrom

doglover8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 04:18 AM
John Belushi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsrules View Post
no thanks from canucks side we love bieksallent i would never even trade bieksa for lidstrom
Excuse me?

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 09:51 AM
GIN ANTONIC

Williams isn't going anywhere. Doesn't sound like Bieksa is either. For the people who metnioned Hordichuk. He turned down the opportunity to play with carolina this offseason so i don't think we'd want a player who has shown disinterest in the team. I could see a minor trade to get one of your back ups though. We wouldn't give up much in this market though.

Also to the person who said McBain is the only prospect on d that will make the club. Borer, Rodney and Carson have all played well in their call-ups so, we actually have a pretty good pipeline of young players waiting for their shot.

GIN ANTONIC is online now   Reply With Quote