HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Proposal: PHI-PHO Trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2009, 02:33 PM
  #1
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 500
Proposal: PHI-PHO Trade

PHI - lupul, jones, & metro (@ $6MM total salary)

PHO - sauer & reinprecht (@ $3.75MM total salary)

PHI gets 27 y/o dman that is probably a wash w/ jones but brings more size (6'4" @ 220lbs), and a 32 y/o center that is having a better season then metro but isn't a significant upgrade. Most importantly, flyers get close to $3MM in salary cap relief). Maybe leaves room to sign shanny or trade for someone like recchi for the 3rd line.

gags - richards - knuble
hartnell - carter - upshall
giroux - briere - asham/recchi
cote - reinprecht - asham/gratton

coburn - kimo
sauer/ossi - carle
sauer/ossi - parent
kuks/alberts

PHO gets 27 y/o dman that would help there PP which is brutal, a center w/ similar skill set to replace reinprecht, and, most importantly, a young winger that can play on top two lines. I don't see why he wouldn't have the same success w/ jokinen & doan as he does w/ carter and hartnell. He would also help there PP.

Fire AWAY!

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 02:45 PM
  #2
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
I edited the title. To prevent heart attacks and whatnot.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 02:46 PM
  #3
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
You're pretty much giving Lupul away. I understand we're in a tough cap situation but he has to be worth more than that.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 02:48 PM
  #4
Pierrot
Registered User
 
Pierrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: France
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
we shouldn't trade metro, he has been doing a pretty nice job for us i think but still true that we are in troubles with the salary cap and lups will get 4.25$ next year so... can't we just trade jones for a 2nd/3rd pick, we don't need more defensman and lups... let him stay in phila

Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 02:50 PM
  #5
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Definitely an interesting proposal, I'd love to have Reinprecht centering the 3rd line, but like Storm says, we aren't getting enough for Lupul there.

Sauer is also redundant because we already have Vaananen and Parent.

EDIT: Sorry, like Dig says.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 02:52 PM
  #6
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers
 
six sigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
I wish we weren't so tight to the cap, I like the team the way it is.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 02:52 PM
  #7
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Definitely an interesting proposal, I'd love to have Reinprecht centering the 3rd line, but like Storm says, we aren't getting enough for Lupul there.

Sauer is also redundant because we already have Vaananen and Parent.

EDIT: Sorry, like Dig says.
Haha, don't worry about calling me by the new name.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
  #8
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
I wish we weren't so tight to the cap, I like the team the way it is.
Totally agreed.

I want too keep Lupul for this whole year, hope he has an Umberger like playoffs, then m,ove him for a higher return

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 02:58 PM
  #9
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Haha, don't worry about calling me by the new name.
Yeah, Storm is a good one. Why'd you change anyways?

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:02 PM
  #10
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
You're pretty much giving Lupul away. I understand we're in a tough cap situation but he has to be worth more than that.
i may be over estimating sauer...while i don't think we have to give lupul away i definitely think we may have to take the short end of the stick in a deal...upshall has stepped in on that line w/o it missing a beat it seems...i would prefer making minor deals (jones for a pick?).

sauer is signed for several more years at a reasonable price (@ $1.75) so it would help us out down the line as well...flyers would be able to waive alberts w/o missing his size in the line up...

the key is, "what's your opinion of sauer?"

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:10 PM
  #11
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Yeah, Storm is a good one. Why'd you change anyways?
I just get bored with things. Hence the constant avatar changes.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:16 PM
  #12
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I just get bored with things. Hence the constant avatar changes.
Boooo I hate your new name Storm ftw....

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:20 PM
  #13
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
The Yotes can't take on more salary.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:27 PM
  #14
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I just get bored with things. Hence the constant avatar changes.
Yeah understandable. I've just had the same handle for 4 years, it's part of my HF Identity now I guess.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:36 PM
  #15
Raffl House
Registered User
 
Raffl House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: South Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,849
vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Yeah understandable. I've just had the same handle for 4 years, it's part of my HF Identity now I guess.
Getting off topic...I had to change from joethunder...its something I used as a kid, I don't know, I thought I was awesome because I was joethunder, I guess.

The proposal helps us salary wise but I'd rather make smaller deals like other said, and while I don't think Lupul has the skills to be a complete NHL player, he is a nice offensive player and should garner more in a trade regardless of our cap situation.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:38 PM
  #16
rshnk29
 
rshnk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Banker View Post
PHI - lupul, jones, & metro (@ $6MM total salary)

PHO - sauer & reinprecht (@ $3.75MM total salary)

PHI gets 27 y/o dman that is probably a wash w/ jones but brings more size (6'4" @ 220lbs), and a 32 y/o center that is having a better season then metro but isn't a significant upgrade. Most importantly, flyers get close to $3MM in salary cap relief). Maybe leaves room to sign shanny or trade for someone like recchi for the 3rd line.

gags - richards - knuble
hartnell - carter - upshall
giroux - briere - asham/recchi
cote - reinprecht - asham/gratton

coburn - kimo
sauer/ossi - carle
sauer/ossi - parent
kuks/alberts

PHO gets 27 y/o dman that would help there PP which is brutal, a center w/ similar skill set to replace reinprecht, and, most importantly, a young winger that can play on top two lines. I don't see why he wouldn't have the same success w/ jokinen & doan as he does w/ carter and hartnell. He would also help there PP.

Fire AWAY!
If it works cap wise, its not a bad deal. It gives them a possibility of allowing Ossi to walk at the end of the season if it comes down to him being a cap casualty. I only wonder what happens to Sbisa in your set-up/

rshnk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 04:14 PM
  #17
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshnk29 View Post
If it works cap wise, its not a bad deal. It gives them a possibility of allowing Ossi to walk at the end of the season if it comes down to him being a cap casualty. I only wonder what happens to Sbisa in your set-up/
I am guessing he goes back to juniors

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 04:25 PM
  #18
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshnk29 View Post
If it works cap wise, its not a bad deal. It gives them a possibility of allowing Ossi to walk at the end of the season if it comes down to him being a cap casualty. I only wonder what happens to Sbisa in your set-up/
yeah, sbisa goes back which allows parent to come up.

also depends on the yotes financial situation...can they take on salary? they are like $9MM under the cap but rumors are the org is strapped for cash.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 05:24 PM
  #19
scottie doesnt know
Registered User
 
scottie doesnt know's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
I think Parent is going to be this year's Gauthier.

scottie doesnt know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 05:27 PM
  #20
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,821
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie doesnt know View Post
I think Parent is going to be this year's Gauthier.

Why? Parent doesn't make that much money.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 05:30 PM
  #21
scottie doesnt know
Registered User
 
scottie doesnt know's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Why? Parent doesn't make that much money.
I know that. He still hasn't hit our cap yet either which means then have to lose that off our cap to fit Briere in the lineup.

scottie doesnt know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 06:00 PM
  #22
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie doesnt know View Post
I know that. He still hasn't hit our cap yet either which means then have to lose that off our cap to fit Briere in the lineup.
No we don't. He's just going to stay in the AHL. He's the easy decision because he has a 2 way contract.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 06:07 PM
  #23
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie doesnt know View Post
I know that. He still hasn't hit our cap yet either which means then have to lose that off our cap to fit Briere in the lineup.
what are you talking about??

We can leave him in teh AHL and he does not affect our cap situation at all.....

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 06:08 PM
  #24
scottie doesnt know
Registered User
 
scottie doesnt know's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
No we don't. He's just going to stay in the AHL. He's the easy decision because he has a 2 way contract.
Thats why I said he's going to be this year's Gauthier.

scottie doesnt know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 06:14 PM
  #25
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie doesnt know View Post
Thats why I said he's going to be this year's Gauthier.
Except he could easily be called up for a game or two or ten if the situation presents itself.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.