HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Whats gonna happen when the injured players return???

Old
01-11-2009, 12:12 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
Whats gonna happen when the injured players return???

Now that the team has finally started playing well, what do you thinks going to happen when Koivu, Tanguay, Higgins, Laraque come back....

Is the entire fourth line going to be sent to hamilton?
Are the lines going to stay as is? (not likely)

Gaineys and Carbos job is getting harder with every win...

what do you think should/will happen?

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

vCash: 500
Logjam of the good variety. In all seriousness, the kids (D' Agostini, Chipchura, Pacioretty, Weber) are probably going to be sent down regardless of how well they've been playing.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 12:34 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

My "healthy" lineup:

Tanguay - Koivu - D'Agostini
Kovalev - Plekanec - Higgins
Sergei - Lang - Andrei
Lats - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

scratch: Bégin, Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Gorges
Bouillon - Brisebois/Dandenault

You switch Brisebois and Dandenault...

Price
Halak

---

I could see Higgins leaving in a trade for a good puck moving dman.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Shred

Either someone else will get injured, someone will slump and will play himself out of the lineup, the injured guys won't rush coming back as much, etc. As long as we're winning a surplus of players will never be a problem. Also guys like Bégin, Chipchura, D'Agostini are easy to scratch.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Maxpac

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
Andrei-Lang-Sergei
Latendresse-Lappierre-Kostopoulos/Laraque
Bégin-Laraque

There's no way we split Maxpac and Kovalev with the way that line is playing right now

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 01:18 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Now that the team has finally started playing well, what do you thinks going to happen when Koivu, Tanguay, Higgins, Laraque come back....

Is the entire fourth line going to be sent to hamilton?
Are the lines going to stay as is? (not likely)

Gaineys and Carbos job is getting harder with every win...

what do you think should/will happen?
First cut will be Chipchura without a doub since Koivu is coming back next week and that we dont need another center anymore..

Higgins is expected to come back at worst after the all star break, then it becomes more interesting, 23 players can be around the team, so there will be no reason to send both MaxPac and Dags down.. Tanguay is out for a while, the Laraque situation is becoming pretty ridiculous, Dandy out for a while, so there is room enough on the roster to keep both..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
lets just say... i dont miss maxwell

i didnt even remember he was even on the TEAM till i saw his name on the roster in the paper with 7 GP

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 01:39 AM
NewHabsEra*

MaxPac Pleks Kovy

Higgins Koivu Dago

S.Kost Lang A.Kost

Tender Laps Kosto

scratch: Begin

Im pretty sure our 2 first lines will click as hell.. Dags had incredible chimestry with Koivu before his injury and we all know Higgins click well with Koivu, so like another poster said, Dagostini will bring alot more on this line than what Ryder did in the past.. The third line is a bit risky defensively but Im sure Carbo will use them properly..

I dont think Tanguay will have it easy when he comes back cause Im pretty sure Carbo wont touch the first 2 lines if they play like expected.. Could see S.Kost and Tanguay fighting for ice time on the third line..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:21 AM
kernkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
MaxPac Pleks Kovy

Higgins Koivu Dago

S.Kost Lang A.Kost

Tender Laps Kosto

scratch: Begin

Im pretty sure our 2 first lines will click as hell.. Dags had incredible chimestry with Koivu before his injury and we all know Higgins click well with Koivu, so like another poster said, Dagostini will bring alot more on this line than what Ryder did in the past.. The third line is a bit risky defensively but Im sure Carbo will use them properly..

I dont think Tanguay will have it easy when he comes back cause Im pretty sure Carbo wont touch the first 2 lines if they play like expected.. Could see S.Kost and Tanguay fighting for ice time on the third line..
I agree completely with the lines when Higgs comes back, but I disagree about the Tanguay/Sergei remark. IMO, a less-talented player like Kostopoulos is more likely to pay:

Tanguay-Koivu-D'Agostini
A.Kostitsyn-Lang-S.Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Lapierre-Higgins

Spare: Kostopoulos, Begin, Laraque

I think that Higgins and D'Agostini in those lines are interchangeable. However, D'Agostini is a sniper and would greatly benefit from playing with two skilled passers; Higgins, not so much (yes, I know he got 27 goals last year).

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:24 AM
guest1467

Why break up our best line?

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 05:46 AM
RC51

Gainey has a ton of options at the trade deadline.
But it sure don't look good for Dandy, Begin and you might add Boullion and Brisebois if Gainey can land a good d-man.
It's not that they all are finished players, it's just that the Habs simply have better players then them. They gave their heart to the Habs and all want to stay with the Habs BUT it just can't happen.

RC51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 05:53 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Logjam of the good variety. In all seriousness, the kids (D' Agostini, Chipchura, Pacioretty, Weber) are probably going to be sent down regardless of how well they've been playing.
Unless O'Byrne comes back, we can keep one of the four rookies above.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 05:56 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Unless O'Byrne comes back, we can keep one of the four rookies above.
Please no more O'Burned !!!!

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Tusk

I've said it before and I'll say it again,

Tanguay on waivers!!!!!!

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 07:07 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
I agree completely with the lines when Higgs comes back, but I disagree about the Tanguay/Sergei remark. IMO, a less-talented player like Kostopoulos is more likely to pay:

Tanguay-Koivu-D'Agostini
A.Kostitsyn-Lang-S.Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Lapierre-Higgins

Spare: Kostopoulos, Begin, Laraque

I think that Higgins and D'Agostini in those lines are interchangeable. However, D'Agostini is a sniper and would greatly benefit from playing with two skilled passers; Higgins, not so much (yes, I know he got 27 goals last year).
Higgins on the 4th ? might as well trade him for an 11th rounder... besides, the Kostopoulos, Latendresse, Lapierre line is good enough, it doesnt need any tweaking.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
Andrei-Lang-Sergei
Bégin-Laraque

There's no way we split Maxpac and Kovalev with the way that line is playing right now
People said the same about D'agostini and his game went south and now he is struggling. Plus, he was playing better in the AHL than MaxPac.

I think Pacioretty has good physical skills but he could use another half to full year AHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 07:17 AM
kernkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Higgins on the 4th ? might as well trade him for an 11th rounder... besides, the Kostopoulos, Latendresse, Lapierre line is good enough, it doesnt need any tweaking.
There isn't really a 4th line on this team. If you have to pick two players out of Pacioretty, D'Agostini, Kostopoulos and Begin; who do you pick? Who will give you the best chance to win?

I pick Max and Matt. Plus I think it's really Lapierre's epiphany that is driving that "4th" line. He's really realized his potential as an NHL player and I'm happy for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
People said the same about D'agostini and his game went south and now he is struggling. Plus, he was playing better in the AHL than MaxPac.

I think Pacioretty has good physical skills but he could use another half to full year AHL.
D'Agostini stopped scoring but he's still getting and creating great scoring chances on his own. He's playing with Begin and Chipchura, not much of a chance for him. Why would you return either of them when they're obviously ready for the big leagues?

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-11-2009 at 10:21 PM.
kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 07:26 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
There isn't really a 4th line on this team. If you have to pick two players out of Pacioretty, D'Agostini, Kostopoulos and Begin; who do you pick? Who will give you the best chance to win?

I pick Max and Matt. Plus I think it's really Lapierre's epiphany that is driving that "4th" line. He's really realized his potential as an NHL player and I'm happy for him.

True, but that line as a whole works damn well, no reason whatsoever to change it.

And Higgins is definitely no grinder, he would be useless with Laps/Lats, just like D'agostini is with Chips/Begin...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
D'Agostini stopped scoring but he's still getting and creating great scoring chances on his own. He's playing with Begin and Chipchura, not much of a chance for him. Why would you return either of them when they're obviously ready for the big leagues?
Well Maxpac and D'agostini will end up 13th and 14th on the depth chart, might as well play in the AHL than sit in the NHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 07:49 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again,

Tanguay on waivers!!!!!!
I'd imagine we could pick up something quite good for Tanguay. He is a good secondary scorer. Something many teams are looking for around the league.

Quote:
I think both Chipchura and D'Agostini are good players now. Definitely like the energy rookies have given team lately. Time to put package together for a big scorer and a puck moving defenseman.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-11-2009 at 10:22 PM.
GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 07:52 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
Andrei-Lang-Sergei
Bégin-Laraque

My thoughts exactly.

Anyone saying we keep D'Ago over MaxPac is CRAZY at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
True, but that line as a whole works damn well, no reason whatsoever to change it.

And Higgins is definitely no grinder, he would be useless with Laps/Lats, just like D'agostini is with Chips/Begin...
Personally, I think Higgins could work great with Lats and Laps. But Kostopoulos has to play somewhere...

We definitely are in a position to make a move...

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-11-2009 at 10:22 PM.
hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 07:56 AM
ReVeuF

MaxPac-Pleckanec-Kovalev
AK46-Lang-SK74
Higgins-Koivu-Dago
Kostopoulos-Lapierre-Latendresse

When Koivu and Higgins will come back i see lines like that.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Doc McKenna

Quote:

No way. How long do those guys hold up once all the goons start wiping out our top players because our only guys with heart are sitting in the pressbox. Begin and Tommy K are probably more important than the **** brothers.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 09:16 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Please no more O'Burned !!!!
I thought he was on a conditioning assignment which means he will go back up. Anyone know? Also, I don't understand why they don't let Weber go to the Dogs until they want to use him. His last 5-6 games before call-up he improved his play and was scoring at even strength. He still needs work defensively, if he's mostly sitting in Montreal why not let him play until they will use him?

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Seems to me like Koivu will replace Chipchura, Higgins will replace Begin and Tanguay will replace D'Agostini. Then some of those guys like D'Agostini, Chipchura and even Weber become eventual traid bait for a deadline deal to get a solid d-man.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote