HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA, European & Juniors discussion (no AHL) (con't...)

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2009, 09:40 PM
dank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Grachev returned tonight to the OHL.

Had 1G/2A in a 6-2 win, he was also a +4 and named 2nd star.

Nice return.

He also moved into 1st in rookie scoring (well tied with one, but that guy has played 8 more games then Grachev).
a day in the life...

3 pt night, pfft, no biggie.

i like this kid.

Old
01-08-2009, 10:04 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Any idea where Antoine Lafleur has been? Rouyn-Noranda has had two brand new goalies for the past couple of games.

It's just pain.
Old
01-08-2009, 10:24 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Any idea where Antoine Lafleur has been? Rouyn-Noranda has had two brand new goalies for the past couple of games.
Probably got dumped somewhere. What a horrible pick that was...all well, it happens.

Old
01-08-2009, 10:55 PM
squishy

Quote:
He's out with an undisclosed injury.

Old
01-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Probably got dumped somewhere. What a horrible pick that was...all well, it happens.
haha i'll be the first one to get to this one..

unfortunately more frequently for us

Old
01-09-2009, 08:03 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Update on Gaulton

He should rejoin the lineup in about a week, although he will not be 100%.

Quote:
In other news, Bassin said defenseman Mitch Gaulton isn't considered 100 percent healthy. But he still expects to be in the lineup next weekend, when the Otters face Niagara and Sarnia at Tullio Arena. Gaulton traveled with the team to Owen Sound this weekend.
http://www.goerie.thinkhost.com/mt/a...ing_obsta.html

Old
01-09-2009, 08:06 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Admitting of course that my opinions are based entirely on what I read on the internet, I have to say that I thought our 2007 draft was TERRIBLE (outside of Cherry and Hagelin). 2008, on the other hand, I think could be one of our best ever.

Old
01-09-2009, 08:16 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Admitting of course that my opinions are based entirely on what I read on the internet, I have to say that I thought our 2007 draft was TERRIBLE (outside of Cherry and Hagelin). 2008, on the other hand, I think could be one of our best ever.
Well, I think Max Campbell could turn into a nice player. He has good upside. If he and Hagelin pan out, then it's safe to say we would have been batting .500 in the 2007 draft (3 of 6 picks panning out, if you include Chere). That's not bad at all. Really, even if Campbell flames out, 2 out of 6 picks becoming legitimate NHLers is a good draft, IMO.

Old
01-09-2009, 10:05 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Well, I think Max Campbell could turn into a nice player. He has good upside. If he and Hagelin pan out, then it's safe to say we would have been batting .500 in the 2007 draft (3 of 6 picks panning out, if you include Chere). That's not bad at all. Really, even if Campbell flames out, 2 out of 6 picks becoming legitimate NHLers is a good draft, IMO.
Well, that is of course assuming that Hagelin does become an NHL player. As for Cherry, it was a pretty safe bet, but he passed on so, unfortunately, you have to count that as a "didn't make it", regardless of the tragic reason. Anyway, from my perspective that draft (2007) had only 2 of 6 who were "likely to make it" - meaning only that I even considered them to have a better than 50% chance - right from the get-go. Sadly, it is now at 1 of 6.

Whereas for the 2008 draft I honestly put 7 of 8 in the "likely to make it" category. Which would be pretty freakin' incredible. Now, it's not at all probable that all 7 will make it, and in fact they could all bust. But as of right now my feeling is that the 2008 draft is looking like it could be one of the best in the history of the organization. Here's hoping!

Old
01-09-2009, 10:32 PM
ThirdEye

Looks like Del Zotto picked up 2 assists in his debut for the Knights. Bet there's plenty more to come

Old
01-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Habs fan here,

Just wanted to drop by to say that I was watching a Q game tonight, and I have to say that I've rarely seen Antoine Lafleur play with such poise and be so aggressive and looking so dominant. They were playing the Quebec Remparts tonight and while the number of shots are not incredibly high, I thought that the scoring chances were really great for them and he looked really confortable out there. Stopped a couple of breakways and just gave a clinic in the shootout. I didn't want the Habs to pick Lafleur at the draft year 'cause he was way too inconsistent, I didn't follow him too much this year, but I did happen to see him a lot and tonight's game has to be ranked amongst one of his most impressive to date.

Old
01-10-2009, 10:47 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Habs fan here,

Just wanted to drop by to say that I was watching a Q game tonight, and I have to say that I've rarely seen Antoine Lafleur play with such poise and be so aggressive and looking so dominant. They were playing the Quebec Remparts tonight and while the number of shots are not incredibly high, I thought that the scoring chances were really great for them and he looked really confortable out there. Stopped a couple of breakways and just gave a clinic in the shootout. I didn't want the Habs to pick Lafleur at the draft year 'cause he was way too inconsistent, I didn't follow him too much this year, but I did happen to see him a lot and tonight's game has to be ranked amongst one of his most impressive to date.
very good to hear, thank you very much for keeping us informed.

Old
01-10-2009, 12:58 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Lafleur is currently 10-6, 3.30 GAA and .872 SV%.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 01-10-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Okay, not THAT bad...
Old
01-10-2009, 01:55 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Tomas Zaborsky had 2G and 1A last night. He now has 3G-2A-5P in 4GP with Dayton.

Old
01-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Lafleur is currently 10-6, 3.30 GAA and 8.72 SV%.
I think you misplaced a decimal point there. He's only saving 10% of shots?

Old
01-10-2009, 02:01 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Weren't those his numbers from last year?

Old
01-10-2009, 02:03 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Hahah yeah, he's just that bad.

Old
01-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Hahah yeah, he's just that bad.
Haha, so I've heard.

Old
01-11-2009, 07:59 AM
NorthlandPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Habs fan here,

Until he solves his consistancy issues he will not be considered a legit prospect. Nice talent, but he has to play at a consistantly high level. He has improved and the hope os that he will be signed and once in the organization and getting the chance to work with Benny on a consistant basis he will gradually improve his game. Goalies like Dmen sometimes take a little longer. He has not played on great Jr teams so that is a valid explanation as any goalie would be up and down in his game. But, once sign he has to show he has what it takes to correct the consistancy flaws in his game.

Old
01-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Ola

The LaFleur situation bothers me a bit.

Goalies can gain consistency 1-way and 1-way only. By playing and playing a ton.

Still we have left LaFleur in a situation where he does not get that. I know many others team who never would let that happend. We could have pulled him to the ECHL. Forced a trade et c by pulling strings.

We need to take good care of our prospects...

Old
01-11-2009, 09:48 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
The LaFleur situation bothers me a bit.

Goalies can gain consistency 1-way and 1-way only. By playing and playing a ton.

Still we have left LaFleur in a situation where he does not get that. I know many others team who never would let that happend. We could have pulled him to the ECHL. Forced a trade et c by pulling strings.

We need to take good care of our prospects...
You do the organization a disservice on this one, Ola. He can't go to the ECHL (or any other professional men's league) until next year - at his age, the options were either for him to crack the NHL or go back to juniors. So sending him to the Checkers was not possible. As for a trade, he DID get traded - and then proceeded to stink again, so his NEW team demoted him just like PEI did last year.

In any event, hopefully this is a sign that he has re-found his game and will therefore be playing a lot more this winter/spring. Unfortunately, I never expected a lot from him and he's never done much to alter that expectation - I thought he was a reach at the time we picked him and I still do. Hope the kid proves me wrong.

EDIT: As if on cue...

Quote:
Antoine Lafleur (2007 2nd) and his Rouyn-Noranda Huskies paid a heavy price for ending the Quebec Rempart's 9 game winning streak on Friday as they got blown out 9-0 on Saturday. Lafleur got very little support before getting pulled after giving up 5 goals on 23 shots in about half a game's worth of action (34:31).
http://theprospectpark.blogspot.com/

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 01-11-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old
01-11-2009, 10:17 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

More news from ProspectPark

Good: Stepan with two assists, Hagelin with a goal and Kundratek with an assist last night.

Bad:

Quote:
And while we hate to end this on a downer but Chris Doyle's (2008 5th) pinched nerve in the back is now being called an injured disc and his absence from the PEI lineup is now being viewed in terms of weeks.

Doyle who was having a great season scoring (21-30-51) as the Ranger Prospect Scoring Leader had been playing hurt for a couple of weeks but finally injured himself to the point where he could no longer play.

Old
01-11-2009, 10:30 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Good: Stepan with two assists, Hagelin with a goal and Kundratek with an assist last night.
I wasn't keen on the pick at the time, but, if the Rangers are patient with this kid, I can see this kid being worth the wait. Playing as a top six forward at a quality college program, and coming from a hockey factory like MSM...let the kid just develop the next few years.

Old
01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Evgeny Grachev-GWG in OT

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...?game_id=15629

2-1 Brampton

MDZ

Goal,+2

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...?game_id=15632

1 goal,2 assists and +3 in two games with London

Old
01-11-2009, 03:50 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Amazing what being on a decent team will do for your +/-.

Closed Thread