HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ver Vas Veber?

Old
01-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Corgidequebec

vCash: 500
Ver Vas Veber?

Breezer needs a break!

Corgidequebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 09:59 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
A permanent one.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:00 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgidequebec View Post
Breezer needs a break!
one till the end of the season

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Fire Brunet*

"Brisebois était fatigué, Pierre"

You Brisebois haters...

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:12 AM
JrHockeyFan

Actually I think a lot of folks like Breezer. It's probably why he is still around. He's not a bad person at all. To be fair he has done some good things for us.

He has good games, okay games and awful games like many players. It just seems his mistakes are more costly playing on D. I think it is time he considers packing it in.

He is presently 4th in defensive TOI, which is mainly because of the Komi injury. As a 3rd pairing guy he gets noticed a lot.

Maybe he is tired. If so maybe he needs to sit every few games

I'm not sure Weber is ready just yet, but I don't see him playing any worse

maybe the other shoe drops for Breezer at the trade deadline?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
The way I look at it, he is just holding a spot until Gainey makes a move for a D-man. Whether it's a physical defenseman or an offensive one, I really think Gainey will make a move.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:16 AM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

He's played well this year but it would be nice to have another option.

Looks like the Habs don't think Weber is ready yet and O'Byrne failed hard this year. Not sure what the Habs are willing to give in return of a defenceman but I have this one guy I like and would be a cheap option, would help the PP since he is a very good PPQ and puck moving defenceman. He is also left handed so the one timer option would be open for Markov.

Ville Koistinen in Nashville is who I'm talking about. Could be a nice cheap option who could turn into a Mark Streit v2 for us.

Sure would'nt mind us adding a Bouwmeester though.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:27 AM
goalchenyuk

Brisebois played 37 games this season , and only 4 time he was in the minus at the end of the night . OMG ! he needs to end his career !

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:38 AM
BLONG7

He hasn't had a bad season, but he has had some rough nights...last night's boob losing the puck to Semin, and bang, in the net. When Briser makes a mstake, it's usually a glaring one...Hopefully BG gets us a deadline rental D man for the playoffs. Briser is security in case of injuries and such...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:44 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
Brisebois played 37 games this season , and only 4 time he was in the minus at the end of the night . OMG ! he needs to end his career !

do your posts ever defened anyone who is non fancophone ? i am francophone but i am not blind to my roots. he is slow and is making lots of mistakes and bonehead ones at that. he would be good 1 game out of 3, thats it !!!

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Magic33

He actually has been ok this year. I havent really had a problem with him. However, he is pretty old and im starting to question his ability to play x number of games in a row. I think he could use a week off or something like that. It wouldn't hurt.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chris96

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
Ville Koistinen in Nashville is who I'm talking about. Could be a nice cheap option who could turn into a Mark Streit v2 for us.
I can only imagine what Brunet and Houde would turn his name into if he were a hab...

chris96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Turboflex*

Breezer will play 16 more games, get his 1000th then hopefully we never see him again. He is too much of a buddy with carbo and gainey that he won't get that milestone, but he has no business still playing in the NHL after that.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:47 AM
mazzinov

I think Breezer is just too old to play every game these days, he needs a break. While Weber is too young to play every day, he can alternate with Breeze. I'd rather have Weber out there making mistakes, and learning instead of having a veteran out there making the same mistakes. Giving Breezer a chance to rest every now, and then, would be beneficial to both him and the team.

mazzinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Peacock

Sure he's made some mistakes (and last night's mistake was the worst) but I think all-around his play surpasses what I expected from him. He really hasn't been THAT bad this year up to date.

That being said having another option would be nice.

Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Habnot

Same haters come out everytime he makes an error. Not that he was critical on the AKost goal, but let's focus on the negative.

What was really hurting was when O'Byrne was playing and Brisebois not playing. Now that was a turnover machine without the benefit of some offense.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Breezer went to pass the puck and the ref was in the way. He tried to stop at the last second, but the puck slipped off his stick. I don't blame him for that.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 11:06 AM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Actually I think a lot of folks like Breezer. It's probably why he is still around. He's not a bad person at all. To be fair he has done some good things for us.

He has good games, okay games and awful games like many players. It just seems his mistakes are more costly playing on D. I think it is time he considers packing it in.

He is presently 4th in defensive TOI, which is mainly because of the Komi injury. As a 3rd pairing guy he gets noticed a lot.

Maybe he is tired. If so maybe he needs to sit every few games

I'm not sure Weber is ready just yet, but I don't see him playing any worse

maybe the other shoe drops for Breezer at the trade deadline?
Are you serious? You don't see an undersized, inexperienced defenseman with half a season of pro hockey under his belt who's main deficiency is defense playing worse than Brisebois?

Brisebois hasn't been that bad this season at all. Some of you need to get past the blind, fashionable Brisebois bashing because statements such as the one above make you look ridiculous.

Weber can play much worse than Brisebois. However I agree with many posters who suggest that we do need an upgrade one way or the other.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Thinkbig

Per rds.ca

"Je ne me rappelle de rien, a lancé Brisebois en s'esclaffant, quand on l'a questionné au sujet du but de Semin. C'était peut-être la seule erreur que j'ai commise dans mes 10 derniers matchs!"

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 11:31 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
And yesterday he was slashed on the hand when nhe cough up the puck that leads to the goal. It should had been a penalty.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Pascal

breezer has played well for us this year, despite what some people like to think...

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Kirk Muller

I think he has been okay but probably over played too which is Carbs fault really.

The one thing is unlike OB frequent turnovers, Breezy's haven't as often ended up in the back of the net. I don't confuse him playing well by getting an assist but turning the puck over 5 times a night and having every point shot blocked, a bad pinch but be fortunate it doesn't end up in your net. Thats just me though.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Lucius

Aside from tradition, there is no reason to hate Brisebois.

He screwed one up last night, but he also helped bring about a goal. That's what offensive defenders do.

Weber is exciting, but again, aside from tradition (Swiss PP saviors) there is no reason to assume he is the answer and rush him along.

He's gaining valuable experience in practice and what time he does get and will be a better player if we really need him due to injury down the stretch.

Brisebois is an ideal 6th defenseman. He's good in the room, he helps the PP and doesn't cost much.

Contrary to popular belief, the team does need the odd player over the age of 25.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 11:43 AM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

I hated Breezy last season.

I like him this season. Yeah he makes mistakes, but he's good leadership and I like seeing him out there.

He's a good leadership guy and I don't mind him slotted in the number 6 position.

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 01:18 PM
la25ecoupe

Breezer thinks he's playing perfect..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote