HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Payback for the last game; Habs break Caps hearts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2009, 11:54 AM
  #126
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Between the pipes AND defensively.

The only thing that keeps them on the top of the conference is their division and their first line.
you are not serious right ? here is a list of their d injuries !

Erskine,Poti,Schultz,Pothier..plus what they have on the ice now.. i would say with no injuries their D is stronger than ours !


John Erskine (D) - légère commotion, durée indéterminée; au jour le jour; Brian Pothier (D) - commotion cérébrale, durée indéterminée; Tom Poti (D) - aine, au jour le jour; Jeff Schultz (D) - doigt, au jour le jour;

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 11:58 AM
  #127
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,503
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Between the pipes AND defensively.

The only thing that keeps them on the top of the conference is their division and their first line.
Actually, they're 8-1-2 vs Atlantic teams and 8-2-1 vs North East teams. This compared to 5-3-0 against their own division, so if anything their divisional record brings down their totals.

And as mentioned, they are severely depleted on defense by injuries.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 12:15 PM
  #128
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Many players do better with talened players who assist them rasie their game Laps, Pcs, Lats, AKost, D'ago are all examples of that. If the hbabs had a ubertalened playmaker they would be in the gravy

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 02:39 PM
  #129
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,645
vCash: 500
Hey guys,

For the free wings, can we come back as many times as we want?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 02:46 PM
  #130
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Hey guys,

For the free wings, can we come back as many times as we want?
and in the meantime, can anybody explain to me how that concept works

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 02:52 PM
  #131
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
and in the meantime, can anybody explain to me how that concept works
You go to their website and create an account. Then follow the links and print out a coupon. Bring it to the restaurant and give it to the hot chick when you order the wings.

That's it.

And order a glass of water

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 02:55 PM
  #132
bipolarhabfan
Registered User
 
bipolarhabfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I agree but with what we're seeing from D'Agostini and Pacioretty right now, Tanguay does not need to be re-signed next year.
IMHO, Lang needs to be resigned. He brings a lot more than Tanguay and those two rookies can pick up the slack with Tanguay's absence.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:04 PM
  #133
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
you are not serious right ? here is a list of their d injuries !

Erskine,Poti,Schultz,Pothier..plus what they have on the ice now.. i would say with no injuries their D is stronger than ours !


John Erskine (D) - légère commotion, durée indéterminée; au jour le jour; Brian Pothier (D) - commotion cérébrale, durée indéterminée; Tom Poti (D) - aine, au jour le jour; Jeff Schultz (D) - doigt, au jour le jour;
I wouldn't go as far to say they have a better D than us when healthy.

Markov arguably part of top 2-3 D in the East.
Komi, part of the best in league for hits/blocked shots on top of his leadership skills. He can be very good defensively when he's focused too.
Hamrlik is as reliable a Defensive D can be.
Gorges is slowly becoming a crucial part of our D, finding his niche as 4th D.

We could have better 4th/5th Ds, but there isn't a bunch of them better than Bouillon/Breezer.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:29 PM
  #134
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
IMHO, Lang needs to be resigned. He brings a lot more than Tanguay and those two rookies can pick up the slack with Tanguay's absence.
Sounds quite possible...BTW, who is the gal in your avatar???

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:30 PM
  #135
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
It was a great game to be at yesterday.
The building was on the edge of their seats for the entire third period.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:36 PM
  #136
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I wouldn't go as far to say they have a better D than us when healthy.

Markov arguably part of top 2-3 D in the East.
Komi, part of the best in league for hits/blocked shots on top of his leadership skills. He can be very good defensively when he's focused too.
Hamrlik is as reliable a Defensive D can be.
Gorges is slowly becoming a crucial part of our D, finding his niche as 4th D.

We could have better 4th/5th Ds, but there isn't a bunch of them better than Bouillon/Breezer.
i would take Green before Markov, and i am a huge Markov fan !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:38 PM
  #137
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
MVP
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,298
vCash: 567
Markov > Green defensively.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
  #138
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
i would take Green before Markov, and i am a huge Markov fan !
Markov is more complete.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
  #139
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
you are not serious right ? here is a list of their d injuries !

Erskine,Poti,Schultz,Pothier..plus what they have on the ice now.. i would say with no injuries their D is stronger than ours !


John Erskine (D) - légère commotion, durée indéterminée; au jour le jour; Brian Pothier (D) - commotion cérébrale, durée indéterminée; Tom Poti (D) - aine, au jour le jour; Jeff Schultz (D) - doigt, au jour le jour;
Tell me when they have a better top 3 than us. And a better bottom 3 than us.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM
  #140
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
i would take Green before Markov, and i am a huge Markov fan !
Suit yourself buddy. I wouldn't.

Like some posted already, Markov is better defensively.
They're pretty much the same offensively.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:46 PM
  #141
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Actually, they're 8-1-2 vs Atlantic teams and 8-2-1 vs North East teams. This compared to 5-3-0 against their own division, so if anything their divisional record brings down their totals.

And as mentioned, they are severely depleted on defense by injuries.
how can they have only played 8 games against their own division. That's weird.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:48 PM
  #142
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Suit yourself buddy. I wouldn't.

Like some posted already, Markov is better defensively.
They're pretty much the same offensively.
Green is better offensively, imo.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:55 PM
  #143
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
Green is better offensively, imo.
Green is an exceptional skater with awsome agility which are the key to his game. Markov is just a good skater but 10x smarter.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 04:06 PM
  #144
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Green is an exceptional skater with awsome agility which are the key to his game. Markov is just a good skater but 10x smarter.
and how many games have you watched M Green to use this 10x comparison ? becuase i watch a lot caps games on line and don't see what you are saying about smarter !!

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 04:11 PM
  #145
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
i would take Green before Markov, and i am a huge Markov fan !
wow. i dont even no how to respond to that. markov>green. and i dont even thinks its close. but what do i know

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 04:14 PM
  #146
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,473
vCash: 500
Whats it matter, we have both, we have our own Green in Subban

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 04:15 PM
  #147
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwuc View Post
wow. i dont even no how to respond to that. markov>green. and i dont even thinks its close. but what do i know
oh ok, Green in his 1st year as 21 yo, had 56 pts.
Marky had 59 pts as a 29 yo, hey i must be wrong because, well i must be wrong !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
  #148
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,503
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
how can they have only played 8 games against their own division. That's weird.
They've played the most games against the West in the East, tied with Philly and Florida with 13. That's compared to 7 for us and 6 for New Jersey and Atlanta which are at the lower end of the spectrum.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
  #149
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Whats it matter, we have both, we have our own Green in Subban
thats actually a very good comparison.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 04:53 PM
  #150
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
and how many games have you watched M Green to use this 10x comparison ? becuase i watch a lot caps games on line and don't see what you are saying about smarter !!
Ive watched many of Green's games and i actually picked him as my first D in my pool this year, thats how much i like his game. However, you will see him get beat one on one like last year when AK46 made him look like a fool.

In terms of smarts, Markov is way ahead of Green. Markov will do amazing things that dont even show on the stat sheet. Im not saying that Green is not smart but rather that Markov is a very intellingent player on the ice. Markov is not as explosive as Green but there is not a lot of players in this league smarter than him.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.