HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Montreal - Nashville

Old
01-11-2009, 05:25 PM
JAVO16

vCash: 500
I like this trade because:

1st- I think we're getting good value for Higgins
2nd- Hamhuis is young and more than good enough to play as the 4th-5th Dman on the team considering he's used to getting No.3 icetime
3rd- Hamhuis would probably get PP time with the CH and could break out on the offensive side with a guy like Markov feeding him
4th- Like someone else said, he'd probably mesh well with Price and Gorges
5th- Higgins wouldn't come back and bite us in the ass playing for Nashville ( contrarily to Toronto)
6th- D'Agostini and Patches are ready to take Higgins' place

I like it.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Weber is ALWAYS on the first unit power play. It's a commandment of Predators hockey (or anti-Preds hockey, depending on who you ask).

Hammer sees second unit power play time and will see a lot of PK time, typically on the second unit or even on the first unit with Suter. He's the #3 this season, having been pushed aside by the rise of the Weber-Suter pairing but led the team in TOI last year and was our best all-around defenseman.

Hamhuis is, like you said, a good skater and is generally very smart with the puck. He has a decent shot and would probably be better served with more power play time, even if it is just on the second unit. He has a tendency to be a like the old Grab Bag on "What Would You Do?" - you never know what you're going to get. He can make a brilliant diving poke check to stop a breakaway, and then turn right around and leave Martin Havlat undefended in the low slot. He has a great hip check that he's only used once all season, but he's become more physical as of late (which is great to see, because he's probably the softest defenseman we've got back there right now).

I would hesitate to trade Hamhuis just because I'm not sure anyone else can handle his minutes quite yet, but like I said in my earlier post, it's a fair offer.
Thank You for the reply. In PG , Hammy wasn't very physical but like you said he has a great hip check. I believe him to be a great team guy who just loves to play hockey. He has a good contract in trade terms. You guys have a couple other WHL dmen coming along quickly in Franson and Blum. So I could really see the Preds and Habs making a deal for Hammy or Koistinen

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafYourLife View Post
Then again, Kovalev wears the "C" for you when Koivu is injured...

Anyway, the proposal makes a lot of sense for both teams.
What's your point? I hate Kovalev with a passion but there's no denying that he's a leader.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
I like this trade because:

1st- I think we're getting good value for Higgins
2nd- Hamhuis is young and more than good enough to play as the 4th-5th Dman on the team considering he's used to getting No.3 icetime
3rd- Hamhuis would probably get PP time with the CH and could break out on the offensive side with a guy like Markov feeding him
4th- Like someone else said, he'd probably mesh well with Price and Gorges
5th- Higgins wouldn't come back and bite us in the ass playing for Nashville ( contrarily to Toronto)
6th- D'Agostini and Patches are ready to take Higgins' place

I like it.
I have mentioned Hamhuis many times as someone who would fit in perfectly with the Habs.
He has a great contract at only $2M this year and next.
He is as good or better than Gorges who we all love ( I watched both develop in the WHL)
He is a great skater who handles the puck with ease.
He can play both PP and PK
Is getting more physical ( kinda like Gorges he can handle the tough stuff)
He just had his 26th birthday
He would fit in with Price and Gorges being from BC

So I feel a better option than a Kubina or Kaberle or Leopold or Kuba or Schneider etc.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote