HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Murphy's Law January 12: Habs and Pens talking trade?

Old
01-12-2009, 08:56 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
OT: Murphy's Law January 12: Habs and Pens talking trade?

One interesting rumor, which has been confirmed to Murphy’s Law from at least one side, is that the Penguins and Habs are talking about a possible trade. All we know at this point is this:

Alex Kovalev has been a constant name brought up in discussions and that the Penguins love Max Pacioretty. That being said, who doesn’t! This kid has stud written all over him and he is already seeing regular time on the first line. While we won’t rule out Montreal GM Bob Gainey moving the impending UFA Kovalev, the Penguins aren’t getting Pacioretty unless at least Ryan Whitney or probably even Evengi Malkin was in the mix.

http://insidehockey.com/blog/bruins_hit_speed_bump

Slainte,

Murph

hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyscribe22 View Post
One interesting rumor, which has been confirmed to Murphy’s Law from at least one side, is that the Penguins and Habs are talking about a possible trade. All we know at this point is this:

Alex Kovalev has been a constant name brought up in discussions and that the Penguins love Max Pacioretty. That being said, who doesn’t! This kid has stud written all over him and he is already seeing regular time on the first line. While we won’t rule out Montreal GM Bob Gainey moving the impending UFA Kovalev, the Penguins aren’t getting Pacioretty unless at least Ryan Whitney or probably even Evengi Malkin was in the mix.

Slainte,

Murph

I like it, a lot

except for the MaxPac part

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Maliki2

Well from all the rumors flying around, we will have a completely different team by the end of the season.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
TJ Kemp says hello.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:10 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
**** you Pittsburgh, die in peace.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
I like it, a lot

except for the MaxPac part

MaxPac can go fly a kite if it means we are getting Malkin!!!!

I would gladly take Malkin off the Penguins hands at almost any cost. Malkin can play center or he can play the wing too and either way, he will put up points. He is a skilled player and probably the best player in the league right now.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:23 AM
emb24*

give me a break murph. these two conference rivals and potential playoff opponents are going to talk trade? kovalev? the habs captain at the moment? pacioretty? get real. i'm actually starting to believe all these rumors are created by habs rivals or rival media to stir the shiite in montreal to get the team distracted. sincerely

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Pacioretty is as close as an untouchable player as we can have.......unless there's a package involving Crosby or Malkin. Staal would NOT fetch MaxPac, at least not for me.

For once that we have that kind of player, we would trade him?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:27 AM
knuck
On and off fan

was this posted on the pens board as well ? Because I bet there would be a lot of "LOL" and"HAHAHAHAHA" and "THAT'S BS"

no way malkin would be moved at this time, no way

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I think anybody on the Pens is available outside of Crosby Malkin and maybe Fleury(since they have nother #1 calibre goalie).

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

So for the end of the season at center it should look like this

1-Malkin
2-Lecavalier
3-Koivu
4-Lang

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Dark4ng3l

If Pittsburgh want good wingers they will trade Staal way before even thinking about Malkin.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:38 AM
jdmef8vtec*

I do think it is getting to a point where they'll need to make a decision between the two to help the depth chart a little.

jdmef8vtec* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:43 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
So for the end of the season at center it should look like this

1-Malkin
2-Lecavalier
3-Koivu
4-Lang

6.75+9.0+4.75+4.0
The Centers alone would be a 24.5million dollar cap hit.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Judge Sauer*

No way is Malkin being traded any time soon.
A package of Pacioretty, Subban and a pick will get us something of value for sure, what that value is, not sure.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:46 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

You're right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
give me a break murph. these two conference rivals and potential playoff opponents are going to talk trade? kovalev? the habs captain at the moment? pacioretty? get real. i'm actually starting to believe all these rumors are created by habs rivals or rival media to stir the shiite in montreal to get the team distracted. sincerely
It's all one big conspiracy! In fact, I'm going to cash my check from Chiarelli right now!

A.) I never said they were going to trade, just that they are tossing names around and I know for a fact scouting each other heavlily.

b.) Who says any deal happens this season. Lots of talks leading into the deadline don't amount to a trade then, but can can lay the foundation for something at the draft and in the summer. Based on what I'm hearing, the Pens are listening to offers but not shopping Malkin. But they are still shopping Staal.

The Habs are in listening mode for Kovalev but not even listening t Pacioretty talk! They laugh that off every time! UNLESS, you start talking a Malkin or if it's Tampa, Vinny!

Old
01-12-2009, 09:50 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
It's all one big conspiracy! In fact, I'm going to cash my check from Chiarelli right now!

A.) I never said they were going to trade, just that they are tossing names around and I know for a fact scouting each other heavlily.

b.) Who says any deal happens this season. Lots of talks leading into the deadline don't amount to a trade then, but can can lay the foundation for something at the draft and in the summer. Based on what I'm hearing, the Pens are listening to offers but not shopping Malkin. But they are still shopping Staal.

The Habs are in listening mode for Kovalev but not even listening t Pacioretty talk! They laugh that off every time! UNLESS, you start talking a Malkin or if it's Tampa, Vinny!
Obviously you listen when those two have their names mentioned. But if I'm Gainey, I say he's an untouchable when it comes to a trade. We've all been WAITING for a player like this forever, and while we've been waiting for Vinny or a Malkin too, having them both would prove much more fruitful.

Old
01-12-2009, 09:52 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

Agreed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Obviously you listen when those two have their names mentioned. But if I'm Gainey, I say he's an untouchable when it comes to a trade. We've all been WAITING for a player like this forever, and while we've been waiting for Vinny or a Malkin too, having them both would prove much more fruitful.
Exactly. But you won't have both, trust me.

Old
01-12-2009, 09:53 AM
AH

A trade involving huge names will only happen in the summer. I dont see it happening mid-season.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:54 AM
GoHabs20

you mean brisebois will have to give up his famous #71?

don't do it bob.

this is BS.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:

Slainte,

Murph
Murph, do you go by the name eklund too?

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:02 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

No he works for Flyers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone View Post
Murph, do you go by the name eklund too?
I think the Bruins write Randy Burridge on my pay check.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:02 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Exactly. But you won't have both, trust me.
Maybe, I'm mad, but I'd keep Pacioretty and surrounding ingredients than have that one superstar. Pittsburgh had three superstars, Malkin, Crosby and Hossa. But it didn't do them any good.

I agree with the way Bob Gainey is moulding this team, he's got, well, right now, the ingredients for 5 contributing lines, if everyone was healthy. I prefer depth throughout the entire line-up than just three players that need to be keyed in on. In a grueling play-off battle, the deeper you go, the more you rely on depth. Having all four lines contributing and rolling, rather than one, maybe two lines, sharing the bulk of the minutes, you keep your players fresher for longer which is an underrated trait come play-off time.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:10 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

My bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Maybe, I'm mad, but I'd keep Pacioretty and surrounding ingredients than have that one superstar. Pittsburgh had three superstars, Malkin, Crosby and Hossa. But it didn't do them any good.

I agree with the way Bob Gainey is moulding this team, he's got, well, right now, the ingredients for 5 contributing lines, if everyone was healthy. I prefer depth throughout the entire line-up than just three players that need to be keyed in on. In a grueling play-off battle, the deeper you go, the more you rely on depth. Having all four lines contributing and rolling, rather than one, maybe two lines, sharing the bulk of the minutes, you keep your players fresher for longer which is an underrated trait come play-off time.
I thought you meant both Malkin and Vinny.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:11 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I think the Bruins write Randy Burridge on my pay check.
I hated that guy. Seemed like he only scored against Mtl. You ruined my morning. Thanks. Now I'm waiting for the Ted Donato reference. Bastidge.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote