HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

S Kost's progression

Old
01-12-2009, 08:09 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
S Kost's progression

Is he progressing as you thought that he would? I know he is young but I thought he would be more consistent. What does he have to work on?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:16 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Is he progressing as you thought that he would? I know he is young but I thought he would be more consistent. What does he have to work on?
Discipline.
NHL timing on his shot.
Shooting frequency.
Not looking to pass to his brother every moment.
Bringing his fiestiness to every game.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Kebekoi

Put a picture of Grabovski among Habs greats in the locker room. Done.

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
Put a picture of Grabovski among Habs greats in the locker room. Done.
Defile a wall to get a player a few extra points? **** that. Put the picure on the floor on the way out of the dressing room in the hallway to the ice.

Now then, he does loose it at times, seems mostly around Grabovski, he'll take an inopportune penalty once in a while. He will work his ass off afterwards though, should be doing it all game long, not saying that he doesn't.
His shot total and PIM's are pretty close to each other just shows that he needs to start shooting more and gets a little reckless at times, seems to be doing more shooting than last year and will definatley have more points than last season, so no sophmore slump for him.
The kid is only 21 so far and is very promising.

PS
He isn't scared of anyone

Last edited by Judge Sauer*: 01-12-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Bumjoo Wang*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Defile a wall to get a player a few extra points? **** that. Put the picure on the floor on the way out of the dressing room in the hallway to the ice.
Just print it on a dart board.

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:38 AM
la25ecoupe

Stick hockey card sticker from Panini of Grabs on his visor.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

I like the way Sergei plays, IMO he just has to be more consistent.

01-12-2009, 09:02 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
He's had some struggles, but to me that's to be expected with a 21 year old that is still in the development stages. He's got a lot of skill but needs to work on some things which should happen as he matures.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:05 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
He's young, so as far as progression, this is his first full year, mind you he had a huge chunk last year. I'm not concerned, doesn't even cross my mind really. I don't know what people expected, but 30-40 points wouldn't be so bad. As long as he improves every year and becomes a consistent player fine by me. That being said I don't think he has andrei's upside. He's still a talented player but I hope in the future people don't throw him under the bus when he's not a PPG.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I want him to try harder. He gives off a lazy vibe.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:17 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I want him to try harder. He gives off a lazy vibe.
I get that vibe more from his brother who at times looks like he lets up on the play.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Put the picure on the floor on the way out of the dressing room in the hallway to the ice.
Tape it to the urinals...

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I get that vibe more from his brother who at times looks like he lets up on the play.
I notice that as well when it comes to A.Kost. But I wonder how much of it is because he seems to show no emotion on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Tape it to the urinals...
lol...who do we volunteer to do that job?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I don't find he has progressed since late last year. He has a good stretch after being put on Koivu's line and then he started to act like he "made it". This year, he's had a couple of stretches where he's played well, but for the most part he's been mediocre.

He needs to bring it a lot more every night, play with a bit of an edge like he has his first 30-40 games in the NHL. He also needs to work on his shot, he doesn't shoot enough, needs to stop passing up shots from good shooting areas.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Corey

Frustrating player who has his good and bad nights. Talented but immature and impulsive. Doesn't always think before he acts. Must learn to put his team first and forget about his blood feud with Grabovski or the next time he's the one who'll be suspended.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I notice that as well when it comes to A.Kost. But I wonder how much of it is because he seems to show no emotion on the ice.

lol...who do we volunteer to do that job?
I saw emotions when he was playing with Koivu, I just think he's not happy the way he's never used on the same line game after game. He looks like the kind of guy who likes consistancy, take for example last year with the ATAK line, that was some emotion.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
I saw emotions when he was playing with Koivu, I just think he's not happy the way he's never used on the same line game after game. He looks like the kind of guy who likes consistancy, take for example last year with the ATAK line, that was some emotion.
It could be, I do remember seeing a smile or two while he was playing with Koivu. But the majority of the time I see no emotion. Which is not a bad thing, but can make it seem like he's not really trying.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:20 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
It could be, I do remember seeing a smile or two while he was playing with Koivu. But the majority of the time I see no emotion. Which is not a bad thing, but can make it seem like he's not really trying.
Another poster said it best that if Andrei were to be caught looking the way he looks while he's playing at a party or something, he'd look pretty well baked.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Another poster said it best that if Andrei were to be caught looking the way he looks while he's playing at a party or something, he'd look pretty well baked.
I was going to say he had a "spaced" out look to him. But that definition fits a lot better.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:41 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
He had a terrible stretch but I do believe consistancy works both ways. Players want consistency in with whom they are playing with and I know there have been injures but now this line he is on with his brother and Lang need to be kept together.
Sergei is also a big game player I expect him to have a much better second half and another good playoffs.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Heske_44

This is almost exactly what I had expected from the younger Kost. Roughly 40pts and lots of maturing and inconsistancy. He's going to be a solid player just once he figures out how to be a solid professional. This is his first full season and now he is starting to turn a curve. Here's to a strong stretch from SK and AK who both have been producing lately.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Quote:
I was going to say he had a "spaced" out look to him. But that definition fits a lot better.
Maybe he just goes to Bob Gainey's weekly poker night and sits opposite #23 each time and he's started to copy the 'face that gives nothing away'?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Joe Cole

I am not one of those who feel in love with him last year.

He shows nice vision, but consistantly looks for the "WOW" play, even when it is the low percentage play. I think it is immature.

His disipline also shows signs of immaturity. Play tough when you have the puck, go into scoring areas. Grind with your stick on the ice.

Anything else is not NHL caliber.

He shows definite signs that he could be a great playmaker... and reminds me of Ribiero at times (with the puck), but the bad decisions and low percentage plays have to work themselves out of his game for me to be a fan.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 02:43 PM

Before this year...Sergei's had alot of success

His two years in the OHL were a breeze for him, last year he played well in Hamilton and in Montreal. This year, things are a bit tougher and I think he's had trouble adjusting...not a big deal IMO, he is 21yrs old and given where he was drafted, he's fairing pretty well for himself.

He's progressing fine

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Form and Substance

I'd say he's doing fine even if I predicted a 60pt explosion for him. I'm just really really happy bigger brother Andrei is producing now.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote