HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Normal quality vs High quality (YouTube question)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2009, 11:10 AM
  #1
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,197
vCash: 500
Normal quality vs High quality (YouTube question)

Help needed here. Is there any freakin reason why most of the You Tube videos you guys are posting, I just can't see it at work unless there's a possibility to see it in "high quality"? Then I can see them all....but normal quality, I just can't....it keeps searching for it and then the infamous "The video does not exist anymore" or something like that appears...

But then I know that the videos still exist 'cause it's the ones you guys are posting. And again, if they have a "high quality" feature (just below the video, some videos have it, some don't...), I see the videos all the time....

Any idea?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 11:12 AM
  #2
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Help needed here. Is there any freakin reason why most of the You Tube videos you guys are posting, I just can't see it at work unless there's a possibility to see it in "high quality"? Then I can see them all....but normal quality, I just can't....it keeps searching for it and then the infamous "The video does not exist anymore" or something like that appears...

But then I know that the videos still exist 'cause it's the ones you guys are posting. And again, if they have a "high quality" feature (just below the video, some videos have it, some don't...), I see the videos all the time....

Any idea?
Your job server is blocking video frim youtube, High Quality is a fairly new option and the coding might be differant and your job server haven't been updated to block it.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 11:16 AM
  #3
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Your job server is blocking video frim youtube, High Quality is a fairly new option and the coding might be differant and your job server haven't been updated to block it.
Thing is....some videos, definately a minority of them, go through even in normal. Anyway, I understand what you're saying and it looks definately like it's something like that. Thanks.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 11:48 AM
  #4
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thing is....some videos, definately a minority of them, go through even in normal. Anyway, I understand what you're saying and it looks definately like it's something like that. Thanks.
It's only an idea, i might be wrong, but i couldn't see any other explanation, if you can see some vids it means you have the right flash version, so it must be somekind of firewall.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.