HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Vincent Lecavalier Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Its funny that all the quebecers are going crazy and willing to give half of our prospect to get Lecavalier.

They dont mind that we lose Koivu, Kovalev, Tanguay and Lang this summer and ready to give the Kostitsyns, Pacioretty, PK Subban and Gorges in a trade for Vinny.

Took 5 years for the Habs to be one of the best team in the East mostly because of our depths now, while Tampa Bay has one or almost 2 superstars but its struggling to make the playoffs for the last 5 years.

Look at the Sens with Alfie, Spezza and Heatley, Pittsburgh with Crosby Malkin, Tampa Bay with Lecavalier and St. Louis, they have the best forwards in the East but no depth. So i rather keep our team intact with all the our youngster than tank half of your prospect to bring one supertar.

Old
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Eklund says that a trade won't happen this year:

N

Well that does mean we will have him soon, i'm not realy happy about it! his contract is too long!

Old
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
aaaaannnnnnd 50 goals vs 60 assists means the goal scorer lost vs the assist guy

the goal scorer, LOST, to the assist guy, remember that
lol, you can't get technical like that based on points alone. I don't see how he lost. Because 60 goals were scored, or he participated in 60 goals? Doesn't mean **** really. You're twice as likely to get an assist. Between 3 players 50 goals makes 100 assists. 30 goals makes 60 assists for linemates. Up to a max 100 and 60 of course.

Old
Iwishihadacup

So... again, why is this different than last year's "Vinny wants out of Tampa" thread?

Old
01-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
So... again, why is this different than last year's "Vinny wants out of Tampa" thread?
This time i'm drunk.

Old
01-12-2009, 09:36 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
What happens if we get Vincent and he fights Lucic and Vincent hurts shoulder We lose our depth and the Bruins go on to win the cup.
Why would lecavalier fight Lucic? If Iginla fought lucic he could hrut his shoulder too, what's your point?

Old
01-12-2009, 09:38 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
This time i'm drunk.

Old
01-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Roulin

For what it's worth:

I looked for some comparables for Vinny, based on production by age, and size. Keeping in mind that VL's contract expires when he is 39 years old, here are the closest comps, listed with their ages when they stopped being productive offensive players:

Bobby Smith - 31, slow decline
John LeClair - 31, slow decline, but was still moderately productive until age 36
Ken Hodge - 33, sudden decline
Lanny McDonald - 33, medium/slow decline
Mats Sundin - 38, still going strong
Mike Modano - 36, slow decline (still a very good two-way player)
Pete Mahovlich - 33, sudden decline
Peter McNab - 31, slow decline

Old
01-12-2009, 09:39 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Why would lecavalier fight Lucic? If Iginla fought lucic he could hrut his shoulder too, what's your point?
It's a joke.

Old
01-12-2009, 09:40 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
For what it's worth:

I looked for some comparables for Vinny, based on production by age, and size. Keeping in mind that VL's contract expires when he is 39 years old, here are the closest comps, listed with their ages when they stopped being productive offensive players:

John LeClair - 31, slow decline, but was still moderately productive until age 36
where did this come from and for what reason did you do all this research ?

Old
01-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
For what it's worth:

Be real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post

Old
01-12-2009, 09:41 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
It's a joke.
I should've known when you said bruins will win the cup, my bad.

Old
01-12-2009, 09:42 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
How am I losing the argument? The fight is a win for Iggy. At worst it's a tie, you said Vinny won. Iginla is also the much better fighter, everyone knows this.

And you gave me no evidence that Vinny is a better player whereas I gave you stats from this year and last that proves Iggy is better.

I hate arguing with people that don't argue anything but "well he's better". Prove it, which you did not and cannot do.
vinny totals
NHL Totals 751 289 349 638

Iggy totals 901 392 417 809

This is proof they are pretty well the same other than the toughness part. I side with Iggy for that, but vinny is available so he's better! LOL

Old
01-12-2009, 09:45 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
vinny totals
NHL Totals 751 289 349 638

Iggy totals 901 392 417 809

This is proof they are pretty well the same other than the toughness part. I side with Iggy for that, but vinny is available so he's better! LOL

thanks for the work, but i think Vinny has the advantage because he has played with the lesser players during his career.

Old
01-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Eklund says that a trade won't happen this year:

N

Yo, that means it WILL happens this year.

LECAVALIER

Old
01-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
Yo, that means it WILL happens this year.

LECAVALIER
That's why i'm worried!

Old
01-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Shred

Anyone did the stats since he came back from that injury last year? I remember he was on fire then slowed down a lot afterwards, and he's having a so-so year but it's difficult to tell if it's because Tampa is crap or because of his shoulder...

Old
01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Schooner Guy

The assets that we are rumoured to be giving up are ludicrous given our current situation. For a 29 year old with a bum shoulder who would rather play in a losing environment if the weather is good, we trade a boatload of effective roster players signed beyond this season and still relatively cheap (Higgins, Pleks, Gorges), a prospect with extreme dedication and the heart of a lion who is salivating to play in Montreal and who has had amazing progression in his game since we drafted him (Subban), and a boatload of high draft picks. Not only that, but we have 11 UFA's after this season who will be more difficult to sign because of Vinny's salary. Also, the salary cap is expected to decrease in the next year or two. People who have longed for a French Canadian superstar center are thinking with their hearts rather than their heads.

I can't wait until a couple of years when we're a replica of the current Tampa Bay Lightning. We'll have Vinny, Price, and a bunch of low cost turds. Bye-Bye Max Pac in 3 years because we can't afford you due to lack of cap space. We also won't be able to replace you because we traded all our 1st round picks away. Can't wait to have Jason Ward on Vinny's line.

Unbelievable!

Old
01-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
That's why i'm worried!
can you hand me some beers please?

sir, I need to drink too.

Old
01-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
can you hand me some beers please?

sir, I need to drink too.
*Mustafa* hands a beer

There you go good sir, enjoy.

Old
01-12-2009, 09:57 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
thanks for the work, but i think Vinny has the advantage because he has played with the lesser players during his career.
hahahahahahahaahaha. Iggy has played with better players? OMG now I really can't take you seriously, sorry.

Old
01-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Its funny that all the quebecers are going crazy and willing to give half of our prospect to get Lecavalier.

They dont mind that we lose Koivu, Kovalev, Tanguay and Lang this summer and ready to give the Kostitsyns, Pacioretty, PK Subban and Gorges in a trade for Vinny.

Took 5 years for the Habs to be one of the best team in the East mostly because of our depths now, while Tampa Bay has one or almost 2 superstars but its struggling to make the playoffs for the last 5 years.

Look at the Sens with Alfie, Spezza and Heatley, Pittsburgh with Crosby Malkin, Tampa Bay with Lecavalier and St. Louis, they have the best forwards in the East but no depth. So i rather keep our team intact with all the our youngster than tank half of your prospect to bring one supertar.
Plekanec , Higgins , Subban , Gorges and a few 1st round picks is hardly half of our prospects. If anything , most people here including many Quebecquers don't want to gut the team to get Vinny. It's the fans of other teams who put most ridiculous proposals on the trade board.

And , assuming that we pull the trigger on that deal , we would hardly become a Tampa or Ottawa II. We would still have Koivu , Markov , Tanguay , Lang , Komisarek , Kovalev , Max Pac , the Kost Bros , Price , Hammer , Weber , Lats , Chipper , Dago , McDo , Carle , Lang ect and that's still a lot of depth. Yes some decisions would have to be made this summer as we wouldn't be able to keep everyone but we're still going to have to make some anyway , Lecavalier or not.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
2 people get assists on a goal, so it means less to me personally. Rather have a guy with 50 goals 0 assists than a guy with 0 goals 60 assists.
i rather have the guy on the ice a part of 60 goals than the one on the ice for only 50.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Toro

I don't want vinny for the so far proposed deal of pleks, higgins, gorges, p.k. subban and 2 first rounders.

Vinny's contract length and average of 7.7 i believe, is not acceptable.

The cost of getting him if the above deal is accurate, is not acceptable.

He would be a great addition no doubt. but sorry i want bouwmeester if were going out for a big addition.

Although Vinny may want to come to Montreal now that we area a top team. When in the past he said he didn't want to play in montreal and deal with the pressure, i believe it was cause he would have been a great player on a bad team in a town that is very hard on the players when the team sucks. Now that the team is doing really good and has a solid foundation and future he could fit right in and really have some success in front of his extended family,friends and home province.

But on the other hand, the above cost kind of kills my argument of a team with a solid foundation and future. We would end up becoming tampa north. Maybe with a cup for our trouble and maybe not.

No thanks.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Ghostki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
The assets that we are rumoured to be giving up are ludicrous given our current situation. For a 29 year old with a bum shoulder who would rather play in a losing environment if the weather is good, we trade a boatload of effective roster players signed beyond this season and still relatively cheap (Higgins, Pleks, Gorges), a prospect with extreme dedication and the heart of a lion who is salivating to play in Montreal and who has had amazing progression in his game since we drafted him (Subban), and a boatload of high draft picks. Not only that, but we have 11 UFA's after this season who will be more difficult to sign because of Vinny's salary. Also, the salary cap is expected to decrease in the next year or two. People who have longed for a French Canadian superstar center are thinking with their hearts rather than their heads.

I can't wait until a couple of years when we're a replica of the current Tampa Bay Lightning. We'll have Vinny, Price, and a bunch of low cost turds. Bye-Bye Max Pac in 3 years because we can't afford you due to lack of cap space. We also won't be able to replace you because we traded all our 1st round picks away. Can't wait to have Jason Ward on Vinny's line.

Unbelievable!
Gotta say i agree. And come to think of it, i think i'd rather solidify the defense a bit more and see this bunch succeed together. I'd kinda be bummed to any of them go when we've never seen a team so united in a long time. Vinny is alluring and enticing, but also possibly a bit crippling too.

Closed Thread