HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Vincent Lecavalier Thread - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Pr3Va1L

vCash: 500
Why would we want Vinny's contract?

Seriously?

Yeah, he's one of the top players today but his contract is horrible.

Like Tempa Bay realised they ****ed up so they want to deal that bad contract away before it starts...

Thoughts?

Old
01-13-2009, 02:34 AM
Tusk

Because it comes with Vinny.

Old
01-13-2009, 02:46 AM
Bumjoo Wang*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
Thoughts?
I think you should have posted in the All Vinny Lecavalier Rumours thread.

Old
01-13-2009, 04:09 AM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
Seriously?

Yeah, he's one of the top players today but his contract is horrible.

Like Tempa Bay realised they ****ed up so they want to deal that bad contract away before it starts...

Thoughts?
Not gonna happen?

Old
01-13-2009, 06:00 AM
la25ecoupe

Gainey said Higgins could come back from injury and score alot of goals for us. And that PK could join our team someday. And Plek is getting hot again, and we might need scoring from him.

He said it's dangerous when a team can score from alot of different places (players).

Old
01-13-2009, 06:10 AM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Gainey said Higgins could come back from injury and score alot of goals for us. And that PK could join our team someday. And Plek is getting hot again, and we might need scoring from him.

He said it's dangerous when a team can score from a lot of different places (players).
Hmmm, Gainey what are you trying to tell us?

Old
01-13-2009, 06:13 AM
drivefor25

Salary Cap not a problem

Hypothetically speaking - let's say the habs do get Vinnie ($7.7M) and resign Komi for $ 5.5 M - this would equate to $ 13.2 M for these two players.Remember that Tanguay ($5.2m), Lang ($ 4M), Dandelion ($ 1.8 M), Bouillon ($ 1.9 M) are all gone next year = Total of $12.9 M. This translates to Gainey trading Bouillon, Tanguay, Lang and Dandy for Vinnie and Komi - not a bad trade don"t you think?

Old
01-13-2009, 06:15 AM
MaKi

I never really took any of this Vinny to Montreal **** seriously but this morning my girlfriend said she heard an audio clip of Bob Gainey talking about the possibility on CHOM.
Apparently he said something about Gorges and some other players, and he would be weighing the costs.

Is there actually something going on here for once? I mean usually there's no basis to Vinny trade talks, but is Gainey actually talking about it this time?

Old
01-13-2009, 06:18 AM
HabsHockey

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=594568

The thread right above you

Old
01-13-2009, 06:18 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivefor25 View Post
Hypothetically speaking - let's say the habs do get Vinnie ($7.7M) and resign Komi for $ 5.5 M - this would equate to $ 13.2 M for these two players.Remember that Tanguay ($5.2m), Lang ($ 4M), Dandelion ($ 1.8 M), Bouillon ($ 1.9 M) are all gone next year = Total of $12.9 M. This translates to Gainey trading Bouillon, Tanguay, Lang and Dandy for Vinnie and Komi - not a bad trade don"t you think?

Yes, but you've already lost 2-3 core players off the squad just ot get Vinny.

so hypothetically, is not resigning Tanquay, Lang plus potentially losing Pleky, Higgins, Subban, Georges worth Vinny and locking up 10 million for the next 10 years on one player worth it?

Not in my book...

Old
01-13-2009, 06:22 AM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKmtl View Post
I never really took any of this Vinny to Montreal **** seriously but this morning my girlfriend said she heard an audio clip of Bob Gainey talking about the possibility on CHOM.
Apparently he said something about Gorges and some other players, and he would be weighing the costs.

Is there actually something going on here for once? I mean usually there's no basis to Vinny trade talks, but is Gainey actually talking about it this time?
No he's being Gainey. Not really saying anything specifically.

Old
01-13-2009, 06:22 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKmtl View Post

I can't believe that Higgins, Pleky, Georges, Subban + at least one 1st round draft pick is worth Vinny and that horrible contract!

It could ruin team chemistry and would seriously hit our depth which took 10+ years to build!

Don't do it Bob, stay the course and trust the system.

If anything, go get a 4th dman!

Old
01-13-2009, 06:29 AM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
I can't believe that Higgins, Pleky, Georges, Subban + at least one 1st round draft pick is worth Vinny and that horrible contract!

It could ruin team chemistry and would seriously hit our depth which took 10+ years to build!

Don't do it Bob, stay the course and trust the system.

If anything, go get a 4th dman!
Gainey never said this to begin with.

Old
01-13-2009, 06:34 AM
MaKi

Thanks for the info guys.
I trust Gainey will make the right decision either way, he knows alot more than me about the teams situation and what would benefit them more.
I'm guessing if he thinks our young players like D'ago and MaxPac can stay up in the big leagues without hurting their development he might do the trade.
Or maybe he knows he will be able to get something better at the trade deadline, or in the offseason.
All I know is the decision is his, so I'm not going to stress over it.

Old
01-13-2009, 06:35 AM
Thinkaboutthat

La Presse has talked to Lecavalier after yesterday's game. He says he's very interested to play for the Habs. Lightning GM Brian Lawton added that no player on his team is untouchable.
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...r-montreal.php

Mathias Brunet ont the trade talks:
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...en-discute.php

I don't see anything on the Journal website (canoe.qc.ca) yet.

Old
01-13-2009, 06:36 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Also you still would need to replace one winger and two defenseman.

Old
01-13-2009, 06:42 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Some comments from Vinny suggest he wants nothing to do with us, others suggest he wants to play here...

Very confusing!

If he indeed doesn't want to play in a pressure cooker, eff him. He's not a true competitor if that's the case. If he'd rather play with Steve Downie as his star winger then let him.

waffledave
Old
01-13-2009, 06:42 AM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkaboutthat View Post
La Presse has talked to Lecavalier after yesterday's game. He says he's very interested to play for the Habs. Lightning GM Brian Lawton added that no player on his team is untouchable.
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...r-montreal.php

Mathias Brunet ont the trade talks:
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...en-discute.php

I don't see anything on the Journal website (canoe.qc.ca) yet.
Your misquoting Lecavalier

Old
01-13-2009, 06:43 AM
strutsboa

Links about The Vincent Lecavalier Saga!

The Vincent Lecavalier-thread is quite massive and it's really heavy to go through. Could we have this thread to just post links about the saga without posting any own opinions?

It might be an easy way to stay updated without spending hours of searching for the links. If it's a bad idea - delete it!

Old
01-13-2009, 06:46 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

That package is a lot but, worth it.

Lecav replaces Plekanec
Pacioretty replaces Higgins
Goerges has been good for you guys, but no irreplaceable within your system or through a deadline deal.
Subban, he is not a roster player. Good but expendable. Again, not a deal breaker. His value is really high right now. May not be a bad idea to capitalize.
1st rounder + may have to bite the bullet here.

It's worth it. Lecavalier will be your first line centre for years and you do not re-sign Koivu to help ease the contract burden.

Old
01-13-2009, 06:50 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Your misquoting Lecavalier
S'il avait à faire une courte liste des villes où il aimerait jouer, Montréal serait-elle en bonne position? «C'est sûr» a-t-il répondu.

Old
01-13-2009, 06:51 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
That package is a lot but, worth it.

Lecav replaces Plekanec
Pacioretty replaces Higgins
Goerges has been good for you guys, but no irreplaceable within your system or through a deadline deal.
Subban, he is not a roster player. Good but expendable. Again, not a deal breaker. His value is really high right now. May not be a bad idea to capitalize.
1st rounder + may have to bite the bullet here.

It's worth it. Lecavalier will be your first line centre for years and you do not re-sign Koivu to help ease the contract burden.
I know Gorges isn't a "deal-breaker" but for me, he is. There has to be a D-man coming back. I'm not going into the play-offs with Markov-Komisarek, Hamrlik-Brisebois, Bouillon-O'Byrne.

We'd get slaughtered.

Old
01-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Thinkaboutthat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
S'il avait à faire une courte liste des villes où il aimerait jouer, Montréal serait-elle en bonne position? «C'est sûr» a-t-il répondu.
You beat me!

Old
01-13-2009, 06:54 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Doesn't = "I'm VERY interested to play for the Habs!"

All he did there was not say "F U" to the journalist, basically.

Old
01-13-2009, 06:54 AM
sandman08

as mentioned its not simply as easy as "lang, dandenault, bouilion and tanguay make x number of dollars" when it comes to acquiring lecavalier as opposed to who replaces those guys spots in the lineup and how much do they make PLUS whoever we have to replace from the lineup of guys who are dealt for lecavalier, ie. if the supposedly proposed trade of plek, higgins, gorges/o'byrne + prospects (subban?) then who takes the spots of those guys (unless someones coming back with lecavalier like paul ranger as mentioned somewhere).. in that case ranger would replace gorges (if he is included even) fine.. lecavalier takes lang's spot yes (relatively speaking), then the wingers lost would be tanguay and higgins being replaced by pacioretty and d'agostini (im assuming at least) but we're still "losing" 2 defencemen that have to be replaced by someone (who ideally would have to make the league minimum or be on their entry level deals)
all in all, i'd say gorges would have to stay given all that of that (so ranger would replace one of dandy or bouillion) which would make the whole thing more palatable.
finally, those figures that you mention all work based on the current cap and not on one that is projected to decrease

Closed Thread